Jehovah`s Witness/Merry Christmas

Question
QUESTION: Hello Derrick, Just wanted to wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas. I was briefly reading some of the latest posts,and see the "crazy" witnesses are in rare form, even for them. Maybe this time of year bothers them, I don't know. I would imagine seeing the whole world celebrate the joy of Christmas must make them feel left out and sad. I am sure they will vehemently deny this. They seem to point out all the negatives about Christmas, and fail to see the real meaning. How many times can they tell you Jesus wasn't born on December 25th? I still enjoy reading your posts, they are always well thought out, respectful, and most importantly, factual and logical (something Witnesses replies always lack). In my opinion, their reputation and credibility (or lack thereof) get worse with every hateful, manipulative reply they give. Anyhow, continue with your presence here, it is always welcomed. Take Care, and again, have a blessed holiday.

ANSWER: Hello, Rita.  Thank you for writing, and a very Merry Christmas to you and your family.  

You are so correct about many of them being miserable this time of year.  Like you, it never ceases to amaze me, how many times they tell you "Jesus wasn't born on December 25th" (like we thought He was), however, the evidence would suggest His conception occurred around that time.  Another one, is "There is no command in Scripture to celebrate His birth" , which is an argument from silence.  There is also no command not to.  

In fact, there IS a command to not sit in judgment on others who decide to celebrate something sacred on a certain day, and the command states that if they don't want to, that is fine.  But they are not to judge those who do, because its a conscience matter.

Romans 14:4-10-"Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself.

For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's.

For to this end Christ both died, and rose, and revived, that he might be Lord both of the dead and living.

"But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ."

I'm not sure why they fail to grasp these fairly simple Scriptures.  I saw where Rando decided the decent Christian thing to do now, is attack a questioner who is not even an expert on the board, for, what else?.....Christmas shopping.  What a low down coward, this person truly is.  There is nothing "Christian" about the way he acts.  He displays nothing but hatred.  I believe he must be a very bitter and lonely person.  Like its any of his business if a reader of this board goes shopping, to buy something for her loved ones?  To call out a questioner for Christmas shopping, when the questioner wasn't even addressing their question to him?  

I suppose he doesn't want a Christmas card from me, then.   

You said...."I was briefly reading some of the latest posts,and see the "crazy" witnesses are in rare form, even for them."

Yes, Rando's desperation has reached a fever pitch.  He has had a very hard few weeks in the forum, as he has been caught lying several times, and has spent the last month posting about stuff that isn't related to anything that has been discussed.  People are wondering what is wrong with him.

Rita, I was going to type a separate post on something, but its hardly worth the effort.  May I take just a moment, and address it here?

Rando has been very desperate for some time now, to prove me a "liar".  This is because he himself has been caught in so many outright lies, and as of late, he's been lying about the WT's teaching on 1874.  Three JWs now have had to admit that I was correct, and he was wrong.  I posted a link from his own religion's web site, proving he was not telling the truth.  So, he is desperately trying to get revenge, and he is trying to just find ANYTHING he can, to make me a liar.

Now, over the past 7 years of his presence on this forum, he has consistently posted things that make him look like a complete dunce.  He has been caught lying about so many things, there is no way to list them all.  And in his attempt to make me a "liar", he has posted some pretty comical and ridiculous things.

But TODAY'S posting from him trying to make me a "liar", tops anything he has ever posted, for the depth of stupidity it contains.  What he posted today, reveals a level of desperation that supercedes even anything we have ever seen from Rando. This one takes the cake, for ridiculous.

I quote him....

RANDO:  "AT first, I thought this question was from a honest and sincere person, since the questioner under an "alias name" was from Illinois.  WE all know that Derrick Holland is from Granite Falls, North Carolina.  So I didn't think you would have stooped to deceive the Forum.  A Public Apology is in order.

Now your second question is QUITE different and no mention of the Watchtower at all.  WHY?</b>   

"Questioner: Derrick
Country: Illinois, United States
Private: No
Subject: The Web Sites

Now, how this "man" could type what he did and not feel foolish, only speaks to his mental condition.  There is definitely something wrong with him.

Here is the so-called "deception" that he claims makes me a "liar".....My question that I sent to him, showed up as being from "Illinois", when I actually live in North Carolina.

Is that one for the ages, or what?

Now Rita, the reason that was so stupid of him, is that every person who has ever asked a question on this site, knows full well that we are not asked to give our location.  Did you type in your home state when you write to me?  No, you didn't.  It usually shows up when I open the question, but you are not asked to give it.  It depends on your Internet Server.  Normally, when you (or any other questioner from the USA) writes me, it shows the State of origin.  Or, at least it shows A State.  Today, your question did not show a State...It just said "United States" .  So, it varies.  

In other words, you have no control over WHERE your question shows up from.  Its not something you type in.

I had no idea my question showed up from Illinois, until he posted that.  And the way he lies, he could be making it up.  But so what??  Its not like I typed in "I-L-L-I-N-O-I-S"

But here's the thing....He's so desperate to find SOMETHING to make me a "liar" about, he forgot a few things.  First, just because I LIVE in NC, means nothing. He knows full well that I travel frequently, so how does he know I wasn't IN Illinois, when I sent the question?  Actually, I wasn't...I was in the break room at work, sending it from my phone, which as ANYONE knows, a question sent from a smart phone can show various locations, depending on where you are, or what towers your signal is bouncing off of, or what Wi-Fi network you are using.  That isn't something that a questioner can even control.  

That was one of the stupidest things I have ever read, even for Rando.  I have no control over WHERE a question shows up from.  He knows that, and so does every other person who has ever written a question here.  Sometimes it shows a correct location, sometimes it doesn't.

But secondly, here's the REALLY stupid part...He first says I'm using an alias, then ADMITS that I signed my name....LOL!  You simply can't get any dumber than that.  

Rita, if I were trying to be "deceptive" about who was writing, would it not have made more sense for me to use a DIFFERENT NAME, than to try and use a different LOCATION, when we don't put our locations in, in the first place?  

Good grief, will somebody get that loon some help??

First, I catch him contradicting himself exactly one day after writing something else the previous day.  Then this week, I catch him contradicting himself in 2 paragraphs.  But NOW, he's doing it in the SAME paragraph.  

How does someone with a functioning brain, type "since the questioner under an "alias name" was from Illinois.  WE all know that Derrick Holland is from Granite Falls, North Carolina.

After saying it was an "alias name", he proceeds to give my name, and shows the Questioner being named as "Derrick" .

Rita, does that make any sense to you?  I'm supposedly trying to deceive him about who I am, yet I sign my real name....LOL.  And furthermore, the questions I wrote him about, are the same questions I HAD BEEN asking him in the forum, which he was ignoring.

I have to say, Rando has outdone himself with this one.

And by the way, since Rando is such a wicked person who thinks he has a right to reveal other people's specific towns where they live, why doesn't the coward tell us where HE lives?  And maybe give his real name?  Like he has the guts to do that....Since he thinks he has the right to publish mine.  But really, the very fact that he would even know my town, shows that he has been stalking me online, doesn't it?  How else would he have that information?

Good thing I'm not worried about him.  If he can't give his name or location here, he won't have the guts to ever try anything.

But really....First, Rando is caught visiting filthy web sites, and now he's an internet stalker?  Rando, why are you fascinated with me, that you would stalk me until you found out my location?  Is that supposed to bother me, that you know my town?  Hey, I'm in the phone book...Call me when you get to town.  I'd like to see if you would repeat some of the lies that you tell on here, while hiding behind a computer. I really think the last thing the JW religion needs, is some pervert on here, trying to answer questions about their doctrines.  I mean, really....he has been caught quoting from LGBT sites, and he is constantly obsessed with talking about violating children.  ANY sensible person had better keep their child away from somebody like that.  Can't prove anything, but I'm just saying....There are enough "red flags" in his posts, to make a person wonder what is wrong in his sick mind.  He has an obsession with talking about filth.  

And they talk about "obsessed"...Yet, Rando took the time and the effort, to research me and see where I live....LOL.  

But hey, since he claims I am actually a former JW (which I'm not), and also claims my mother is not a real JW (which she is), then why doesn't he use his information that he got by internet stalking, and contact the KH closest to Granite Falls, NC, where he can verify if his statements are true, or if mine are?  What an opportunity he has to expose me, if I'm lying, that is.  Bet he won't do it, as he knows what would happen...He would be proven wrong...again.  

But if he really wants to go there, I can even tell him the elder to talk to, who could help him.  If he's so sure of my location, then it should be easy for him to prove all his other allegations about me.  Why doesn't he?  Cause he's a liar....

See, that's Rando's problem....He is always saying something that comes back to bite him.  He continually shoots his own self in the head, trying to attack me.

Sorry Rita, but I was going to address that anyway.  And your comment about them being in "rare form", was right on the money.  Rando especially, is in full melt down mode now.  Nothing he has tried, has worked.  And he was actually rebuked today, from one of the best JWs on this forum, and told that the forum would be better off without him.  And it certainly would!  Also, his lie about 1874 was exposed yet again.  This guy has tried everything, and he has only made it worse for himself.

You wrote..." I still enjoy reading your posts, they are always well thought out, respectful, and most importantly, factual and logical (something Witnesses replies always lack). In my opinion, their reputation and credibility (or lack thereof) get worse with every hateful, manipulative reply they give. Anyhow, continue with your presence here, it is always welcomed."

Thank you, Sister, for those kind words.  You are correct...the select few Witnesses here who have no discernment or wisdom, have only tarnished their own reputation, while trying to tarnish mine.  And everybody sees it but them.  Even other JWs see it, and are saddened that they themselves are trying to give GOOD answers and represent their religion in a positive way that could bring others in, only to see these clowns come along and destroy everything they are trying to accomplish.  

The best thing that could happen to the JW religion on this forum, is for Rando, Eddie, and Ms. T to excuse themselves from it, and let the competent JWs answer the questions.  Rando has already shown that he cannot give FACTUALLY true answers.  

Notice how he lied again, when he said about my question..."His first question was about the "Watchtower" and that they taught Jesus WOULD return in "1874"  when I explained to him they didn't exists until "1881".

If you have been following the 1874 discussion at all, then you know that I never said one word about the WT saying Jesus WOULD return in 1874.  None.  Rando lied about that, several times.  That's why he never shows the quote.  I have continually said the WT taught that Jesus DID return in 1874.  Rando needs to go back to school, and learn the difference in past, present, and future tenses.

But that's how he lies.  No matter.  If he chooses to lie, I will expose it.  He isn't hurting me one bit.

I will close by saying that it is great to hear from you, as it always is.  I hope you and your family have a safe and blessed Christmas.  Until we talk again, take care and God bless.

Derrick  

QUESTION: Calling Rando a loon is being polite in my opinion. Clearly, the man has an unhealthy obsession with you for the exact reasons I posted regarding your replies. He (and his other few select "cohorts") are threatened by your knowledge and intelligence. I would imagine having to constantly defend your "truth" that clearly is not even close to any truth must be unbearably difficult. My guess is that this religion preys on the weak and the gullible, and snags them in, only for them to realize later there is no way out. The brainwashing and mind control takes over and they have lost themselves. We can see it, but they cannot. All one has to do is look at the control tactics that cults use, and the Watchtower pretty much uses them all. Again, its really sad. It is, however , sometimes hard  to feel pity for them when they lash out in a cruel manner such as Rando, and Sister T do regularly. I went back and read more posts and actually had to laugh at Sister T's view on Christmas. She said the suicide rate was especially high at Christmas because ( get this one) all the stress involved with being  forced to buy gifts because Christmas demands it! I almost fell off my chair thinking. "yes, thats it, the gift buying stress, not the possible sadness of missing a loved one that you shared past holidays with. Wow! Then, she uses a scripture 2 Corinthians 9:7 and her proof to support that scripture is.... dept stores set up special areas for returns of gifts received that people didn't want"!!!!! Seriously, she cannot actually believe this????? These  ridiculous answers they provide do nothing but prove over and over just how their logical thinking skills have been destroyed by the WTS. Like I stated before, it must get tiring having to constantly defend these "truths". Everybody (except them) know they don't follow the Bible, they follow the WTS interpretation of the Bible. Enough said.  Take Care Derrick.

Answer
Yes, I think "loon" was a very tactful way of putting it.  He needs serious help, that's all there is to it.  The obsession he has with me, is more than anything I have ever seen.  Its been going on since he joined this forum, in 2007.  It first started with him leaving "Add On" comments after my questions, even before he joined the forum.  He used to use the name "Randy", but then it switched to "Rando".  After joining the forum, he wasted no time with his attacks, and posting outright lies.  And its been going on ever since.  

I honestly thought he would have learned by now, as he has been shown up so many times, for telling lies.  Its really sad.  There is a part of me, that pities him.  Something must have happened in his life, to make him such a hate-filled person.

But whatever the events that have occurred in his life, it does not give him the right to lie, slander, and lash out.  As has been said, this forum would be a much more constructive place, without him.  He harms the cause of the JWs, and good and honest JWs are completely embarrassed by him.  Those who join him, share pretty much the same mentality that he does....Defend the Organization by any means necessary, even if you have to lie to do it.

Its sad.

I think you once again, gave some very good insight, when you mentioned that part of the problem, is the "truth" he has to constantly try to defend.  Honestly Rita, I respect everyone's right to their beliefs.  But some beliefs are indefensible, and I do think you are correct, that this explains a lot of what we see from Rando.  That, and his overall mental instability.  

I even respect the right of a JW, to defend their faith here.  In fact, I have been conversing with Ms. T over the past couple of days, in a reasonably polite but also quite pointed conversation, and she made a comment to me that she would continue defending her faith, and she said she would continue to "attack my beliefs, but not me as a person".  Time will tell.  A lot of personal attacks have come from that side, and her.  But the reality is, they have every right to speak out against what they believe is false.  Nobody told Ms. T to leave.  She doesn't have to explain to me that she has a right to defend her faith.  But none of them have the right to spread falsehood...its just that simple.  They should never even have to be told that.

Yet, it seems to be their strategy of choice.

I also fully agree with you, about the Christmas shopping issue. They have the right not to participate if they choose not to, but they do not have the right to viciously attack someone else who does.  Around my house, we have always made it a point to emphasize Jesus at this time of year.  There is nothing that goes into my celebration, that is unscriptural or dishonoring to God, in any way, shape, or form.  But its not as if we have to defend anything to them, anyway.  I pity them, I really do.

Now granted, my wife can be tough to buy for, but I am pretty sure I've never wanted to take myself out, over the stress of trying to find a gift for her.

But hey, we have the Savior to rejoice in, and His birth, death, and resurrection, all are essential to our salvation.  I decided a long time ago, that the only thing that matters, is that what I'm doing (in any area) is not in violation of Scripture.  

Take Rando, for example....He should be commended for the stand he takes on Christmas.  I'm sure he will be rewarded greatly.  Now, he lies through his teeth (something God explicitly DOES forbid in the Scripture), but one thing we know for sure....He will not be going to look at any Christmas lights this year.  He will remain firm on that one.

He can't tell the truth about his own religion's history, and knowingly prints falsehoods to try and deceive readers about it, but hey....He will not sing even one verse of "O' Little Town Of Bethlehem".  We don't have to worry about him letting down the standard there.

He constantly prints lies about our Christian beliefs, and makes statements that he himself knows are completely false.  But one thing is for sure....He will not be doing anything as wicked as going Christmas caroling, and I'm pretty certain he will not give even one dime to buy a present for a child who is in a needy family, and won't otherwise have a Christmas.  No worries there.

And though he is constantly slandering someone who doesn't agree with him (again, forbidden in Scripture), we can rest assured that he will not be baking any Christmas cookies this year.  He will remain firm.

Its amazing how people can so completely lose their thinking capacities, isn't it?

Have a great evening, Rita.  And a very Merry Christmas.  And don't let the stress of shopping, get you down...:)

Derrick  

Jehovah`s Witness

Derrick Holland