Jehovah`s Witness/An open letter to Joseph

Question
Joseph,

I am doing something here that I detest, because I do not know how else to contact you.  I do not want to fight with you or another person on this forum.  

I know that as I write this I am being a hypocrite to what I stand for – non confrontational posts, and, I ask readers to please forgive this indiscretion.

Joseph, I want to ask you, please, what is your motive in  seemingly trying to cause disunity here among us JWs by painting me as a turn coat and a liar?

Answer
Please note I am trying very hard here to remain calm and respectful, and I must apologise to any who read the following and do not see my words in that way and who may take offence at my style.

Joseph, in your letter to Sis T you failed to tell her that the subject line of your post to me was -  “Are you honest Mr Hepburn?” -   At the end of my response to you I asked if you were being honest.  Now  Joseph, may I ask please, what does your question to Sis. T say about your honesty?????

I rejected your question to me at that time and I told you why, but I did tell you this

QUOTE
I will answer the above question from you publicly - “provided” - that you ask with decorum and respect. Hint don't accuse, ask sensible questions.
END QUOTE

So instead of coming back to me with a rephrased set of questions that show respect, you cut and pasted MOST of what you said to me, to someone else.

May I ask please, are you honest in your cut and past?   I ask because for some reason only known to you, you missed out these lines (ALL Bold  and underlining in quotes are Mine)

Quote
No Place for Non JW's Mr Hepburn? If you lied about No Place for JW's what else are you lying about ? ….....  Do you think Jehovah is going to give you a reward about being a turncoat and allow his name to be profaned by you?
End Quote

It is because of those accusations that I am “lying ” and “a turncoat ” that I did not want to reply publicly, but, I gave you the opportunity to air your concerns again in a way where I would publicly reply to your “questions”.  I  Also  rejected your answer because of the way I responded to you.  My answer showed some annoyance, and I told you why.   It was because of the accusations you made, and because very recently I have received some other private “questions” suggesting I leave this form.  So yes my response to you did show annoyance, and, I apologised to you for that.  I am now trying my best to stay calm and respond in a dignified manner.  I apologise to you and any readers if I have not achieved that.

Joseph, you know I went to great lengths to spell out very clearly what was meant by ” "Perhaps they feel this IS a site set up by JWs for JWs.  IF that was the case then there would be no place her for non JWs”  

Sister T understood what I meant, as I am positive most people who read what I wrote did.  

I apologised to you for not being clear in my statements.  At least you cut and pasted a portion of the apology, and, I thank you for doing that .  Now here is the rest of that apology that you did not cut and past

Quote
I had wrongly assumed that readers would understand what it was that I was saying. Hopefully so that I have not assumed anything again on this particular topic I will try to expand on that comment and make it as clear as I possible can.
End Quote

I set about attempting to explain exactly what that statement you complained about actually was saying.  Again, evidently I was unable to be clear as to my meaning. Sorry about that.  I hope Sis T's brief explanation was clear enough for you

Your question to Sister T was

“ Why is Mr Brenton telling me to go the “critics of Jehovah's Witnesses” forum to look up his answers??  

You quoted a small portion of my “long winded answer with no substance”  but you missed out the following

Quote
Now I suggest you go to the critics page and read through my answers. You will see that I am defending Jehovah and our people there.
End Quote

Do you see why I suggested you go there?  It was so that YOU could see that I did not criticise Jehovah or our organisation as you may have thought.   So please tell me why you failed to mention that to Sis. T.  What is your motive?  May I call your attention to your subject line to Sis T “ Honesty on the JW Blog”.  Do you recall your first words to Sis T   “I think honesty is an important component of being a Christian.”  Please think about that.

You further say this to Sister T

I don't think this Blog knows that Brenton Hepburn was a volunteer on the critics blog and then claims there is no place for Non JW's.  

May I ask, please, why you said that after I had written this to you

Quote
 The administrators of the “all-experts” system cancelled my membership on that site. The reason given was that I was NOT a critic. I do not know if one of the critics on that site complained about me being there. I assumed it was. So I wrote to those that administer “all-experts” to see if the non JWs on the http://www.allexperts.com/cl2/703/religionspirit/Jehovah-Witnesses/ site could transferred there, but I was unsuccessful. I am fairly sure that at least twice since 2007 I have publicly stated that I was on the “critics” site and that I was booted of that site and how unfair it was that I got the boot from that site yet there were non JWS on this site. But hey you wouldn't know that unless you have read every post here, and I truly doubt that you have (I certainly haven't) Joseph, it pays to have all the information before you accuse people of things.
End Quote

I actually also wrote privately to at least one of the non JWs back then suggestion that it would be more advantages for him to be on the “critics” site.   No doubt he may remember that.  His reply was polite and non confrontational  as he put his case for being here.

The year 2007 mentioned above is the year I was booted of the “critics” site.  

Joseph, may I ask please where do I recommend the non JWs here.    I  now acknowledged their right to be, and, the right for anyone to ask them a question.  Please read what is on my profile carefully. It says

Quote

>>WARNING<<   Please be aware that there are people here who ARE NOT practising JWs.  By all means ask these ones questions.  Depending on the question you will get an honest answer, but , generally the answer you get, will mislead you as to what we believe,  often because, they do not give ALL the relevant details .  These ones will, have an agenda against JWs., and will at times give answers that are not correct in regard to JW teachings and practices. If you are after an answer from one of Jehovah’s Witnesses, please read some of the answers that the various experts have published before choosing someone.  If you want to ask one of the NON JWs a question, that is fine, BUT if you want a balancing view after asking one of the NON JWs, ask a JW the same question.   
PLEASE ALSO NOTE: There (have been) and are, some "experts" here  who are NOT always the most courteous and polite, at times are actually quite rude, that applies to both JW's and non JW's and their answers may offend, especially when they get personal and attack the character of the person and not the message. Unfortunately some here that have done that.   So it IS IMPORTANT to chose an "expert" that YOU feel will best suit YOU by reading some of their past answers  
End Quote

That has been on my profile for many years.  Can you please point out in that where I am supporting or recommending  the non JWs here?

So Please Joseph, can you write to me and explain  clearly what it is I have done that has resulted in you taking such actions and misinforming the public here about me. Please tell me how I am being dishonest.   

To be honest here Joseph, I do have my theories as to why you have done this, I will not put them out in public, but I would truly like you to prove  to me that my theory is  wrong.

I do not want to fight about this I really just want to understand why I have been portrayed in such a bad way.

Thank you

PS.  I do not want my reply here to turn into more public debate between other people. If you have a comment to make about this please do so in private.  I would like to see this board return to the respectful place of differences that it used to be, and I do not want to be the cause of more bickering.

Jehovah`s Witness

Brenton Hepburn