Jehovah`s Witness/The United Nations in watchtower prophecy

QUESTION: Hello sister t.

I remember s couple of years ago my coworker and I were discussing the book of revelations.  The subject of the United Nations came up and how they were part of the prohecy  being fullfilled. He vaguely stated how they represented the false religions. We disagreed and I dont understand how the UN is a religious organization and he wouldn't elaborate on it either. Since then I read someones post about the watchtowers membership in the UN. When i asked him for his thoughts on this het denied it being true and said he didnt believe me anyways.I suggested he look it up for himself then and he thought it would be a waste if his time.

So I'm curious to hear your thoughts of the watchtowers membership  with the UN.

Thanks.  Kevin

ANSWER: Hello Kevin,

You must have misunderstood your coworker, JW's do not believe or teach that the UN represents the false religions.

The UN is not a religious organization.  It's interesting that you ask me about the UN, I had just mentioned about it the other night.  

The UN will turn on false religion and completely destroy it.  (Revelation 17:16-18)

Before I reply to the latter part of your question, please provide me with the evidence that the JW organization has a current membership with the UN.  

While I wait for that, another expert spoke about that some time ago, you may fair better with asking B. Hepburn about that.   

Have a great day

Sister T

QUESTION: Hello again.sister t.

I originally asked brother rando for his opinion, but  he never answered it.  Do you

remember his opinions regarding the Baptists and their affiliations/membership with the UN?

Sorry for not being more clear.  What  I meant was their ten years as a member ending in 2001?  I believe Richard wrote a  post about this.  What I also understand about the jws is that their understanding about the UN is that they are not good, something along the lines of a scarlot beast  or something like that in revelations.  I read that Robert King broached this subject also. Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm doing this from memory.

Hello again Kevin,

I don't know anyone's opinions about anything.  I only know my own opinions and beliefs, I can't speak for anyone else's.  How would I remember that Kevin if you don't even remember yourself?   You have to ask the one who posts about their posts, not someone else.  

I do not read Richard's posts on a consistent basis, in fact I've only read his posts maybe five times at the most, once was when he quoted from our ( website.   I also don't read Robert King's posts, so I have no clue what their opinions are on the matter and I don't disrespect intended.  

JW's beliefs is this:

"Jesus foretold: “When you catch sight of the disgusting thing that causes desolation, as spoken of through Daniel the prophet, standing in a holy place, (let the reader use discernment,) then let those in Judea begin fleeing to the mountains.” (Matt. 24:15, 16) In the first fulfillment, the “standing in a holy place” occurred in 66 C.E. when the Roman army (“the disgusting thing”) attacked Jerusalem and its temple (a place holy in the eyes of the Jews). In the larger fulfillment, the “standing” will occur when the United Nations (the modern-day “disgusting thing”) attacks Christendom (which is holy in the eyes of nominal Christians) and the rest of Babylon the Great. The same attack is described at Revelation 17:16-18. That event will be the beginning of the great tribulation."

"various governments will decide to move against the world’s religious organizations. In the Bible, these governments are symbolized by a wild beast; and the world’s false religions, by a woman who rides the back of the beast. (Revelation 17:3, 15-18) The symbolic beast will unwittingly do God’s bidding by destroying religions that falsely claim to represent God.

In symbols, the apostle John describes the drama this way: “The ten horns that you saw, and the wild beast, these will hate the harlot and will make her devastated and naked, and will eat up her fleshy parts and will completely burn her with fire. For God put it into their hearts to carry out his thought.”—Revelation 17:16, 17."

<<<End Quotes>>>

From what I read from B. Hepburn, it was to be able to use their vast library.  I don't see your point in this really Kevin.  It is what it is.  It's no longer, move on with your life.   JW's use to celebrate Christmas and smoke.  But once things are corrected that's what counts and what matters.  We are moving forward, not staying stuck in the mud like most.

You seem to think that imperfect people are perfect from day one and will never mess up, make mistakes etc.  JW's are not perfect people and never claimed to be, and never claimed to uttered prophecies.  All the prophecies are in the Bible, penned way before a Watchtower was ever printed!  They came from being taught the same lies you have been taught and believed, so it took time for all the falsehoods to be found out according to the Bible and then abolished.   You should give credit where credit is due.  The discernment and understanding of many Bible prophecies that our GB has done and is doing at least makes sense and is in accordance with the Bible and their hard work and research and prayer to Jehovah God.  This helps us to see the time frame which we are living in, this helps us be united the world over, as one, if you don't agree than that's your choice my dear.    With all the evil going on in the name of religion today, I think there should be more things for you to concern yourself with.  Like getting on Jehovah's side and learning the truth from the Bible so that you and your family can live forever in happiness.

Have you ever studied the Bible with JW's?    

You've written to me for some years now and you have always been polite to me, I appreciate that, I try to be polite to you, but I have made sarcastic remarks to you because your thinking sometimes is so far off base.  I don't mean any harm.  I just wish you'd open your eyes.

At any rate, you can ask B. Hepburn that question as he has touched on that subject before, or move on to something else.

Have a great day Kevin,

Sister T  

Jehovah`s Witness

Sister T

Please click here--> For your Free Home Bible Study

I can answer questions related to Jehovah's Witnesses and the Bible. I love learning the truth from the Bible and helping others to learn that truth as well. I don't know everything but will answer from the Bible, I like to use illustrations as well to help a person relate to what is being said. The Bible has the last say so over any person.

I am an active baptized Jehovah's Witness and Jehovah is Almighty God,(Ps. 83:18) and his Son Jesus Christ died so that everyone exercising faith in him may not be destroyed but have everlasting life. (John 3:16). I support my fellow Witnesses on this board who are real, and Jehovah's worldwide visible organization, including the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses. As God is not a God of disorder, and there could not be order if there were not ones to take the lead. Taking the lead and having a leader is not the same, our leader is Jesus Christ, and in order to have unity and order, there has to be arrangements in place. As the first century Christians had, there were men taking the lead, (Acts 6:1-6) as with Moses, (Exodus 18:21) and in our day, in following with Bible truths, we do the same. When people twist that around to us worshiping men, it is just a straight out lie! Why would the Scripture at 1 Tim. 3:1-10, 12, 13 give the criteria for men reaching out for an office of overseer if that was not meant to be? (Phil 1:1, Acts 20:17, 28, Eph. 4:11, 12, 2 Cor. 3:4-6). If we were not supposed to have men who take the lead, why was this scripture penned? James 5:14-15 "Is there anyone sick among YOU? Let him call the older men of the congregation to [him], and let them pray over him, greasing [him] with oil in the name of Jehovah. 15 And the prayer of faith will make the indisposed one well, and Jehovah will raise him up. Also, if he has committed sins, it will be forgiven him."

If you have legit questions and want to know the truth, please ask, but if you are here to spread your lies and twists of the scriptures or get your falsehoods out, you may get rejected! The truth is from the Bible, if what you say does not harmonize with the Bible then what you say is wrong! Context and other scriptures help determine scriptures that may stump us, let scripture interpret scripture. The Bible does not contradict itself, so if what you are being taught or if what you are teaching makes it seem like the Bible is contradictory, remember it's not the Bible it's the man-made teaching! Doctrines of men! Mark 7:6, 7 "He said to them: “Isaiah aptly prophesied about YOU hypocrites, as it is written, ‘This people honor me with [their] lips, but their hearts are far removed from me. 7 It is in vain that they keep worshiping me, because they teach as doctrines commands of men." (also Romans 10:2, 3)

Matthew 24:14 says "And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come." We are doing that today, we are living in times of Bible Prophecy and as a Jehovah's Witness, we have the privilege to be apart of a prophecy spoken by Jesus himself! The good news of the Kingdom. Ask yourself, what kingdom? then read Daniel 2:44! It's a real government. Take heed now! Listening to men over God will mean your life.(Prov 3:5,6, Ps. 146:3) A lie will never become truth, No matter how long or how many people say it or speak it. Learn what the Bible really teaches, seek out Jehovah's ways, serving God in truth is only acceptable to him,(John 4:23, 24) you can not be serving God acceptably if what you believe is a lie! Pray for understanding and ask Jehovah to search your heart and draw you! (John 6:44, 65) Now is the time to be with the people who are called by Jehovah's name! (Acts 15:14, 17, Isa. 43:7, 10, Zech 8:23)