Jehovah`s Witness/Why is 607BCE still being used as the destruction of Jerusalem when all the facts point to 587BCE?

Question
Recently, I came across a book called “The Gentile Times Reconsidered”by Carl Olof Jonsson . It caught my interest because I’ve always believed 607BCE to be the destruction of Jerusalem. I never thought the watchtower could be so wrong. Carl Olof Jonsson was a witness elder trying hard to help someone learn the truth. That person asked him to prove  607BCE was the year of Jerusalem's destruction. The result of of his efforts to teach this interest one led to the writing of the book. However, prior to publishing the book he sent his findings  to the Watchtower Society thinking the society would appreciate the truth. However his good intentions led to him being disfellowshiped. The Society did not want their followers to know the truth. That was about1977.
Since than, the Watchtower Society has misguided,misquoted, has deceived, lied, and covered over the facts about this,insisting that 607BCE is the correct date, I read the Watchtowers and the Kingdom book appendix where the Watchtower Society tries to defend the facts presented in Carl Olof Jonsson  book. I was surprised at the efforts the Watchtower Society went to,to distort the facts. I never thought that with all my the association I had with the witnesses for over 30years they would stoop to such devious means. An organization that supposedly prides itself on, the love of the truth. If you are one of Jehovah s' Witnesses I suggest you read his book and related material to see for your self before answering my question. That way you will get both sides and be in a better position to answer my question which is Why did the Watchtower Writers ignore the facts? and why did they use under handed tactics to answer?

Answer
607 BCE refers to "the Temple of pure worship" that was interfered with and stopped.  If you would like to add or subtract 20 twenty years that is fine with me.  Both sides are covered.  That Prophecy leads to another Prophecy.  http://www.jw.org/en/publications/books/bible-teach/1914-a-significant-year-in-b

Both sides are right before your eyes but your pride blinds you.  607 BCE brings us to the year 1914.  However if you want to use 587 BCE, 20 years later, then 1934 would be the result.  Either way, 1914, {add 120 for this generation} or 1934, {add 100 years for this generation} and either way, you come to the Final Phase/Conclusion of Satan's Kingdoms that will soon be played out and destroyed, namely RELIGION.  Either way Sir, the "gathering" of God's People (Acts 15:14) is coming to it's competition.

Not underhanded at all.  Would you rather be 20 years early or 20 years too late?  Would you want to be 20 minutes early for an Airplane flight or 20 minutes late?  What are the consequences for being late Sir?  However, both years do work.

607 BCE is only twenty years before 587 BCE , it doesn't mean it never happened as you are trying to imply.  It took twenty years to complete the conquest Sir.  Jehovah is the One telling the Finale' at the Beginning. <~~~~ Sacred Secret Revealed.

Have a nice day Sir....  100 years added to 1934 still works.  Read my profile and you will see.  Whether you add 120 years to 1914 or 100 years to 1934 makes No Difference!  

Jehovah`s Witness

Brother Rando