Jehovah`s Witness/An apology

Question
Hi Derrick

Thank you for taking the time to respond to what I had. First I want to apologise for  not having fully comprehended that in my fist “Hypothetical Question” that I had thought you had not provided answers to my questions.  There was so much other information that you got side tracked onto, that your answers were obscured for me.  I have re read the first question and answer slowly, and hopefully with more care and I can see where you did provide answers.  So I apologise for saying that  you ...“did not really cover what I was looking for. You never really gave any Bible principles on how you (or your church) would respond to that situation” ...  My mind was so full of all the other stuff you wrote, that for me was unwarranted that your answers to my questions just got lost.  But I have been told that I do the same thing at times that is provide more information than what a person asks.  The lesson for me is to read matters several times if they are long.

I have been asked a question that has made me go back and re read what was said with fresh eyes and it seems I will be answering some of your question as a result of the question I have been asked.

Answer
Hello, Mr. Hepburn.  I hope this reply finds you in good health.  

Thank you for the apology, but it wasn't something you had to do.  You are correct that my first reply was extremely long, because like you, I tend to want to cover everything that can possibly be covered.  I have learned to do this, because if I don't, certain people often look for statements that they can take out of context and manipulate.  So, I like to give very detailed answers and cover all the loose ends, for the most part.  Not saying that you do take my words out of context, because you don't.  But many do.

After reading where you said I didn't answer your initial questions, it caused me to go back and re-read my answer again, to see what I had missed.  As I was doing it, I honestly felt I had answered the questions as asked, but was certainly willing to expound on anything that you wanted more information on.

By your last paragraph, I assume you mean that you heard from a questioner about my latest response, and you will be addressing it.  I will look for your response in the forum when you complete it.  Again, the observance of a day regarding Christ's birth, is something that is neither forbidden nor commanded in the Scriptures, therefore, I am not inclined to try and convince anyone that they should celebrate it.  My intent was merely to explain my reasons for doing so.  But I will be looking forward to your reply.

Thanks for writing, Mr. Hepburn, and take care.

Derrick

Jehovah`s Witness

Derrick Holland