Jehovah`s Witness/Jesus as a god and not God.

Hello Sister T.

I'm hoping you can clear some things up with your understanding of what the scriptures say, in your words. You see, I was told to read the bible(any translation) so I started. I am preached to by the jws that Jesus is not God, only a god. So I asked you and other jws what the word god means. You said it is only a title that means strong or mighty one. To me and I'm sure many others, the word God means The Supreme Being, Creator of the universe.(noun) Not as an adjective to describe someone's power. Jesus is never referred to as a god of anything (adjective). You could describe someone as a god of making or doing something and not think they are God. So when you say Jesus is a god and you exercise faith in Him, doesn't that make Him God too? When I read my bible it states clearly that Jesus is God. John 1:1 Isaiah 9:6. But you say he is not the true God, only a god. So I'm confused. Jesus possesses all the traits of God, but is only a person called god. Doesn't the  bible say there is only one God? How many gods do you exercise faith in? Jesus and his Father? Does that mean you believe in two gods? In my bible it also says that Jesus receives worship. Maybe what you should preach to people that all the other translations are wrong. In my understanding there is only one God, the Trinity. In the new testament Jesus talks frequently about Himself as God. Can you explain why He uses the personal pronoun so many times when talking about salvation and resurrection. Are you saying there are two Saviors? I don't recall ever reading about two Saviors. In fact Jesus is called the Lord and Savior more than once. My understanding of English is that the word 'the' means only one and a word with no 's' implies one also.Gen.1:1 God created the earth and heavens....Gen 1:27  Let Us create man in our image.... Drink of MY water... I am the way and the truth...In three days I will rebuild MY  temple.....The way to my Father is through ME..MY name is above all others...I have been given ALL authority in heaven and earth...without MY hands nothing is that is.  before Abraham was I AM.

So you see when I read the bible for myself I come to some logical conclusions. That Jesus is referred to as God and He is the way to salvation. That He died so that we may have everlasting life. Also why does it say in the bible so many different ways that who ever believes in Jesus will never die? Surely many people and even jws that believed in Jesus have died. How can this be if we have everlasting life? To me ,everlasting is synonymous with eternal. That means without end. I believe it was Paul who wrote "fear not those that can kill your body, but not your soul. Fear Him that can destroy both your body and soul...." That would explain to me that life doesn't end when your earthly body does.

On a side note I read a lot about how jws say they are the only ones that go door to door preaching. Not true,the Mormons do also.

Thank You and look forward to hearing your interpretations Kevin.

Hello Kevin,

You have asked a lot of questions many of which have already been answered before, many times over, you just disregard them and refuse to accept what the Bible clearly says, even when scriptural proof is given.  Sir you said you believe in the Trinity, whichever Trinity belief you believe in as there are different Trinity beliefs, I respect that is your belief(s).  If you are convinced of yours, you are welcome to believe as you choose, why do you continue to ask about our beliefs, Or are you not convinced about yours??

Jesus is called a MIGHTY GOD in the Bible.  But he is NEVER called ALMIGHTY GOD and NEVER called himself Almighty God.  That's the difference that makes all the difference.  The definition of God is not my definition, that's what the word God means, mighty one or strong one. It's still a title, as the Almighty God has a name, Jehovah (Ps 83:18; Exodus 3:15).

People acknowledge Jesus has a name but refuse to do the same for his Father, Jehovah, why is that?  Both names are in the Bible.  But in the Trinity there are no names at all...thought provoking.

Just because a Father gives his son authority to run his company does not make the son equal to his father, anymore than Jehovah GIVING Jesus his son authority equate him as Almighty God.

Yes, Jehovah the Almighty God who is Jesus' creator and Father is our savior in that He SENT Jesus to save us, (John 3:16) in that He GAVE Jesus authority over all things with the obvious exception of himself.  1 Cor. 15:27 is clear!

1 Cor. 15:27 (KJV) "For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.

If someone is GIVEN authority, then how do they have the absolute authority?  Not possible.  Only in made up doctrines that denies reason and logic does this exist, which is what the Trinity is.

Anything can be explained away in a made up belief, as in fairy tales and myths logic does not exist.  But with God, who is a God of order and arrangement (1 Cor. 14:33, 40) it is not that way.  

The Bible does not teach that Jesus is Almighty God and neither did Jesus, there is no place in the Bible where it says that or implies that Jesus is Almighty God. Jesus said he was God's son.  He is the Son of God, the Son of man, the Messiah, our Lord, a MIGHTY GOD, our Teacher, our Master, our Leader, our savior, the way and the life, etc because if he had not been sent and came to die for us, then we would have no chance to be reconciled to Jehovah, the Almighty! No longer being under Judaism, as Jesus is the founder Christianity.

Jesus HIMSELF said there is only one true God who we are to worship and he was speaking of his Father Jehovah, (John 17:3; Matt 4:10) not himself as you claim.

Jesus is our lord and savior in that he willingly came to earth and died for us so that those who exercise faith in him my not die but have everlasting life.  We die because of Adam's sin.  So Jesus died so that our sins can be forgiven, and if we die we can be brought back to life, thus the reason for the resurrection.  As Lazarus who believed in Jesus died and Jesus prayed to his Father and raised him from the dead.  Everlasting life does not mean immortality. Ever wonder why Jesus prayed before performing miracles?  

Someone with greater power had to transfer Jesus' spiritual body into a human one that was born, and breathed air and ate and had flesh and blood.  Someone with greater power had to bring Jesus back to life when he died for us.  Being completely dead is not something that an Almighty God can do, otherwise the Almighty part becomes null and void, as Almighty God cannot and will not ever die, will not ever be a man or less than the angels as Jesus was. (Heb 2:7)

Savior: Repeatedly the Scriptures refer to God as Savior. At Isaiah 43:11 God even says: “Besides me there is no savior.” Since Jesus is also referred to as Savior, are God and Jesus the same? Not at all. Titus 1:3, 4 speaks of “God our Savior,” and then of both “God the Father and Christ Jesus our Savior.” So, both persons are saviors. Jude 25 shows the relationship, saying: “God, our Savior through Jesus Christ our Lord.”  (See also Acts 13:23.) At Judges 3:9, the same Hebrew word (moh·shi′a‛, rendered “savior” or “deliverer”) that is used at Isaiah 43:11 is applied to Othniel, a judge in Israel, but that certainly did not make Othniel Jehovah, did it? A reading of Isaiah 43:1-12 shows that Isa 43 verse 11 means that Jehovah alone was the One who provided salvation, or deliverance, for Israel; that salvation did not come from any of the gods of the surrounding nations."

God: At Isaiah 43:10 Jehovah says: “Before me no god was formed, nor shall there be any after me.” Does this mean that, because Jesus Christ is prophetically called “Mighty God” at Isaiah 9:6, Jesus must be Jehovah? Again, the context answers, No! None of the idolatrous Gentile nations formed a god before Jehovah, because no one existed before Jehovah. Nor would they at a future time form any real, live god that was able to prophesy. (Isa. 46:9, 10) But that does not mean that Jehovah never caused to exist anyone who is properly referred to as a god. (Ps. 82:1, 6; John 1:1, NW) At Isaiah 10:21 Jehovah is referred to as “mighty God,” just as Jesus is in Isaiah 9:6; but only Jehovah is ever called “God Almighty.”—Gen. 17:1.

If a certain title or descriptive phrase is found in more than one location in the Scriptures, it should never hastily be concluded that it must always refer to the same person. Such reasoning would lead to the conclusion that Nebuchadnezzar was Jesus Christ, because both were called “king of kings” (Dan. 2:37; Rev. 17:14); and that Jesus’ disciples were actually Jesus Christ, because both were called “the light of the world.” (Matt. 5:14; John 8:12) We should always consider the context and any other instances in the Bible where the same expression occurs.

<<<End Quote>>>

Until you are given understanding you will not "see"  

JW's do not say we are the only ones who go door to door preaching.  We know Mormons and some other religions have done so and still do.  A coworker of mine recently went to a third world country with her church.  JW's say we are the ONLY ones who go door to door preaching about God's Kingdom as Jesus did.  Jesus said "this good news of THE KINGDOM will be preached..."  (Matt 24:14)

If other religions actually believed that God's Kingdom is a real ruling government they would be subjects of that Kingdom which is not divided by continental lines, they would not be going to war and killing other people, and they would not be campaigning with the politicians of this world, but as we know and see, they vote for a different government to bring about peace, which is a man's government.  And many teach that God's kingdom is in our hearts.  And many only preach Jesus' life, death and resurrection.  So yes we are the only ones who preach the KINGDOM as a real ruling government with Jesus as the now reigning King!!  When the prayer that Jesus taught his followers to pray at Matt 6:10 is fulfilled on the earth, you will wish you had listened when you had the chance.  This is your chance now.

Honestly when you see well dressed people with their bags knocking on doors most people do not think it's Mormons, they think of Jehovah's Witnesses, because we as JW's are known the world over for doing this on a consistent basis and level.  Not here and there or sometimes yes and sometimes no.  But consistently, as people need to be warned so they can have a chance to survive the end of this system.  Now is the time, soon it will be too late.

We preach that God's kingdom is the only hope for mankind, and that it's a real government which Almighty God Jehovah GAVE authority to his son Jesus to rule. (Dan. 2:44)

But that rule has an end time (1 Cor. 15:25) After which Jesus gives that Kingdom back to Jehovah his Father, ask yourself why he does that if he's Almighty God...why is he subjecting himself to his Father if he's Almighty God (1 Cor. 15:26-28)

The Trinity teaches the opposite of what the Bible says.

When you think of the word God you think of a supreme being, as in being THE God.  So does that mean that you think of Satan as being THE God as well?  Since the Bible calls him THE god of this world?  How many God's do you worship?  I worship the same God Jesus does, JEHOVAH THE ALMIGHTY GOD!

2 Cor. 4:4 (KJV) "In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them."

Sadly, when there are no supporting scriptures to support man made up doctrines, inspired by demons, (1 Tim 4:1) people resort to pulling at straws, and taking verses out of context trying to make the Bible go according to what they believe rather than making their beliefs be according to the Bible, I AM is used in other parts of the Bible.  Just because improper English is used when Jesus said before Abraham was I am in some not all Bibles, doesn't make him Almighty God.  Jesus is the IMAGE of God, of his Father.   An image of something is a representation of it.  Logic, has to be used, reason has to be used.  Why is it that all things are tried in reason and logic except for when it comes to God the Almighty, why is that? Since we were made in God's image and God's logic is undeniable!!  

Will you dismiss these scriptures in order to hold on to a man made demon inspired doctrine that is a dishonor and disrespectful to the Almighty God Jehovah and denies the Christ, when will you humble yourself and accept what the Bible says?  

Sister T  

Jehovah`s Witness

Sister T

Please click here--> For your Free Home Bible Study

I can answer questions related to Jehovah's Witnesses and the Bible. I love learning the truth from the Bible and helping others to learn that truth as well. I don't know everything but will answer from the Bible, I like to use illustrations as well to help a person relate to what is being said. The Bible has the last say so over any person.

I am an active baptized Jehovah's Witness and Jehovah is Almighty God,(Ps. 83:18) and his Son Jesus Christ died so that everyone exercising faith in him may not be destroyed but have everlasting life. (John 3:16). I support my fellow Witnesses on this board who are real, and Jehovah's worldwide visible organization, including the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses. As God is not a God of disorder, and there could not be order if there were not ones to take the lead. Taking the lead and having a leader is not the same, our leader is Jesus Christ, and in order to have unity and order, there has to be arrangements in place. As the first century Christians had, there were men taking the lead, (Acts 6:1-6) as with Moses, (Exodus 18:21) and in our day, in following with Bible truths, we do the same. When people twist that around to us worshiping men, it is just a straight out lie! Why would the Scripture at 1 Tim. 3:1-10, 12, 13 give the criteria for men reaching out for an office of overseer if that was not meant to be? (Phil 1:1, Acts 20:17, 28, Eph. 4:11, 12, 2 Cor. 3:4-6). If we were not supposed to have men who take the lead, why was this scripture penned? James 5:14-15 "Is there anyone sick among YOU? Let him call the older men of the congregation to [him], and let them pray over him, greasing [him] with oil in the name of Jehovah. 15 And the prayer of faith will make the indisposed one well, and Jehovah will raise him up. Also, if he has committed sins, it will be forgiven him."

If you have legit questions and want to know the truth, please ask, but if you are here to spread your lies and twists of the scriptures or get your falsehoods out, you may get rejected! The truth is from the Bible, if what you say does not harmonize with the Bible then what you say is wrong! Context and other scriptures help determine scriptures that may stump us, let scripture interpret scripture. The Bible does not contradict itself, so if what you are being taught or if what you are teaching makes it seem like the Bible is contradictory, remember it's not the Bible it's the man-made teaching! Doctrines of men! Mark 7:6, 7 "He said to them: “Isaiah aptly prophesied about YOU hypocrites, as it is written, ‘This people honor me with [their] lips, but their hearts are far removed from me. 7 It is in vain that they keep worshiping me, because they teach as doctrines commands of men." (also Romans 10:2, 3)

Matthew 24:14 says "And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come." We are doing that today, we are living in times of Bible Prophecy and as a Jehovah's Witness, we have the privilege to be apart of a prophecy spoken by Jesus himself! The good news of the Kingdom. Ask yourself, what kingdom? then read Daniel 2:44! It's a real government. Take heed now! Listening to men over God will mean your life.(Prov 3:5,6, Ps. 146:3) A lie will never become truth, No matter how long or how many people say it or speak it. Learn what the Bible really teaches, seek out Jehovah's ways, serving God in truth is only acceptable to him,(John 4:23, 24) you can not be serving God acceptably if what you believe is a lie! Pray for understanding and ask Jehovah to search your heart and draw you! (John 6:44, 65) Now is the time to be with the people who are called by Jehovah's name! (Acts 15:14, 17, Isa. 43:7, 10, Zech 8:23)