Jehovah`s Witness/Is Jesus a Muslim Prophet?

Is Jesus a Muslim Prophet?

Bible says that woman must cover head and wear veil

Hello AZ

Thank you for your question and allowing me the opportunity to give you an answer.

At the time of writing the web sites you have provided are down for maintenance, so I have not had an opportunity to look at them to see what is being said so I can not provide an answer relating to those sites, so I will provide just some general comments for for now.  (I am including some background information for the sake of other readers)

Is Jesus a Muslim Prophet?

We consider Jesus to be the greatest of all Gods prophets.  The Biblical word “prophet” basically means “one who speaks for another” or “a spokesman”  That word came to be associated with people that foretold some future event, but that is not always the Biblical use of the word.  Jesus was the greatest person to act as “a spokesman” for God teaching us in a very practical way many aspects of Gods personality.  As Gods Spokes-man (or Word) he also was able to give warning of future events.  But, most of his teachings are for the benefit of all mankind if we take the time to listen and observe what he had to say.  So Jesus was the prophet of the Most High God.

When Muhammad was about 40 years of age he received his call to be a prophet.  He had been upset at the the by incessant quarreling in the avowed interests of religion and honor among the  chiefs of his tribe.  He was also dissatisfied with the primitive survivals in Arabian religion, the idolatrous polytheism and animism, the immorality at religious convocations and fairs, the drinking, gambling, and dancing that were fashionable, and the killing of unwanted infant daughters practiced not only in Mecca but throughout Arabia.  Muhammad alludes to all this at Surah 6:135-137

"135  Say: "O my people! Do whatever ye can: I will do my part: soon will ye know who it is whose end will be best in the Hereafter: certain it is that the wrong-doers will not prosper."   136  Out of what Allah hath produced in abundance in tilth and in cattle, they assigned Him a share: they say, according to their fancies: "This is for Allah, and this" -for our "partners"! but the share of their" partners "reacheth not Allah, whilst the share of Allah reacheth their "partners"! evil and unjust is their assignment!   137  Even so, in the eyes of most of the pagans, their "partners" made alluring the slaughter of their children, in order to lead them to their own destruction, and cause confusion in their religion. If Allah had willed, they would not have done so: But leave alone them and their inventions.”

Muhammad was aware of the Jewish and Christian traditions as well, and could see just like his own people, that the followers of these traditions had also gone astray from the writings and teachings of their “prophets”. He includes references to some of the  "prophets" of the Bible.    Muhammad saw no difference between the “Lord” of the Jews and Christians to his God (see NOTE at the end)

It is because he was aware of these other religious “traditions” and their writing’s and the subsequent turning away from them that he could see a need for reform.  Of the Jewish and Christian “prophets” he wrote  

Surah 2:136  Say ye: "We believe in Allah, and the revelation given to us, and to Abraham, Isma’il, Isaac, Jacob, and the Tribes, and that given to Moses and Jesus, and that given to all prophets from their Lord: We make no difference between one and another of them: And we bow to Allah in Islam."

Surah 2:253  Those messengers We endowed with gifts, some above others: To one of them Allah spoke; others He raised to degrees of honour; to Jesus the son of Mary We gave clear Signs, and strengthened him with the holy spirit. If Allah had so willed, succeeding generations would not have fought among each other, after clear Signs had come to them, but they chose to wrangle, some believing and others rejecting. If Allah had so willed, they would not have fought each other; but Allah Fulfilleth His plan.”

Our belief is that after the Apostles of the time of Jesus no one else has been inspired by the Almighty God to be a prophet to his name.  Jesus was primarily a prophet to the nation of Israel but he had commanded that what he preached be spread to all the earth (Matt 24:14 “And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come”  and later he said   Acts 1:8 “ 8 but YOU will receive power when the holy spirit arrives upon YOU, and YOU will be witnesses of me both in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria and to the most distant part of the earth.”)

The first thing I noticed with this was the word “MUST ”. This suggests an obligation. There are some accounts in the Hebrew Scriptures (Old testament) that mention head coverings It is a Genesis 24:62-66  which reads “ 62 Now Isaac had come from the way that goes to Beerlahairoi, for he was dwelling in the land of the Negeb. 63 And Isaac was out walking in order to meditate in the field at about the falling of evening. When he raised his eyes and looked, why, there camels were coming! 64 When Rebekah raised her eyes, she caught sight of Isaac and she swung herself down from off the camel. 65 Then she said to the servant: “Who is that man there walking in the field to meet us?” and the servant said: “It is my master.” And she proceeded to take a headcloth and to cover herself. 66 And the servant went relating to Isaac all the things he had done”

There  are a couple of things to note here.  Rebekah had here head uncovered when the servant of Isaac came near, so this would indicate that it was not a “MUST ” to have here head covered.  The servant of Isaac was a man.  She did not cover her head when he approached only when she was to go before Isaac.  This, evidently then, was a sign of submission to the man that was to be here husband.

Another text that people might say indicates that woman are to cover here head is found in the Greek Text (or New Testament)  and is found at 1 Corinthians 11:5, 6 which reads “ 5 but every woman that prays or prophesies with her head uncovered shames her head, for it is one and the same as if she were a [woman] with a shaved head. 6 For if a woman does not cover herself, let her also be shorn; but if it is disgraceful for a woman to be shorn or shaved, let her be covered.”  So is this saying that woman should cover their head. YES.  Now the question is WHY?  The context tells.  When we read the proceeding verses we see that the subject under discussion is headship.  The verses read “3 But I want YOU to know that the head of every man is the Christ; in turn the head of a woman is the man; in turn the head of the Christ is God. 4 Every man that prays or prophesies having something on his head shames his head;”  

Se the headship rolls here. First we have God the head or leader of ALL things.  Then God is head or leader of the Christ.  Then we see that  Christ is the head of man, and man is the head of woman.  Paul is writing in the first instance to a congregation in Corinth (by extension to all Christians).  Here, Paul was discussing the divine principle of headship, and particularly its application in public worship.  As the apostle explains in the next few verses  that the Creator assigned to the man, whom He created first, headship and authority over his wife, who was made from the man’s rib   1 Corinthians 11:7-10 “ 7 For a man ought not to have his head covered, as he is God’s image and glory; but the woman is man’s glory. 8 For man is not out of woman, but woman out of man; 9 and, what is more, man was not created for the sake of the woman, but woman for the sake of the man. 10 That is why the woman ought to have a sign of authority upon her head because of the angels”

When we look at what Paul wrote the  principle of headship also applies in congregation. Remember the reference to the “ man that prays or prophesies ” was not to cover his head, “ but every woman that prays or prophesies with her head uncovered shames her head .”

It is interesting to note the the Greek word rendered as “head” is used in two different ways in those passages. In regard to the Christ and man we learn that they have a “head”  For Jesus it is God and form an it is Christ.  So here the word head is a metaphor for prominent person or chief or supreme one.  In the case of the woman it has a literal meaning of her physical head, when it says “with her head uncovered ” and then it may also revert back to having a metaphoric meaning  when it says “ shames her head ”  This may mean it brings shame on her own head, or, it could be taken that it shames the man.

Back to Pauls words in regard to the woman, she was to wear a head covering of some sort when praying  “a sign of authority.” (1 Cor. 11:10  “That is why the woman ought to have a sign of authority upon her head because of the angels.”) It was to be an evidence that she recognized the principle of headship.

The council was not in regard to  an every day necessity to wear a head covering of some sort.

We also have the account of a woman in the presence of Jesus, and, Jewish religious leaders,  using here hair to dry his feet.  The account mentions nothing about a head covering of any sort, although she may well have had one buy it is not mentioned.

Luke 7:36-38 “36 Now a certain one of the Pharisees kept asking him to dine with him. Accordingly he entered into the house of the Pharisee and reclined at the table. 37 And, look! a woman who was known in the city to be a sinner learned that he was reclining at a meal in the house of the Pharisee, and she brought an alabaster case of perfumed oil, 38 and, taking a position behind at his feet, she wept and started to wet his feet with her tears and she would wipe them off with the hair of her head. Also, she tenderly kissed his feet and greased them with the perfumed oil.”

Of note is that there is no rebuke from Jesus or the Pharisees for he head being uncovered in their presence. (The Pharisees dis complain about the use of the  expensive oil)

(Now that I have finished this reply I just looked to see if the web sites wee back and they are, but I will leave the reply as it is if you have any further questions in this regard please feel free to ask.

(Allah – Arabic for the God  Al = the illah = deity or God. Thus Allah refers to  sole diety 'God'  This is similar to the Jewish word El for God or mighty one and ʼEl Shad·dai′ = Almighty mighty one = God Almighty)

The word or name “Allah”  was previously used by pagan Meccans as a reference to a creator deity, possibly the supreme deity in pre-Islamic Arabia. The concepts associated with the term Allah (as a deity) differ among religious traditions. In pre-Islamic Arabia amongst pagan Arabs, Allah was not considered the sole divinity, having associates and companions, sons and daughters–a concept that was deleted under the process of Islamization. In Islam, the name Allah is the supreme and all-comprehensive divine name, and all other divine names are believed to refer back to Allah. Allah is unique, the only Deity, creator of the universe and omnipotent. Arab Christians today use terms such as Allāh al-Ab (الله الأب, 'God the Father') to distinguish their usage from Muslim usage. There are both similarities and differences between the concept of God as portrayed in the Quran and the Hebrew Bible. It has also been applied to certain living human beings as personifications of the term and concept.  (sourced from  

Jehovah`s Witness

Brenton Hepburn

I AM one of Jehovah’s Witnesses, and I am always learning. I am NOT an expert in the full sense of the word but I can answer questions on the reliability of the NWT - the so called mind control problems-so called prophecies - how being a JW affects the individual and relatives and general practices and history of Jehovah’s Witnesses. >>WARNING<< Please be aware that there are people here who ARE NOT practicing JWs. By all means ask these ones questions. Depending on the question you will get an honest answer, but, generally the answer you get, will mislead you as to what we believe, often because, they do not give ALL the relevant details. These ones will, have an agenda against JWs., and will at times give answers that are not correct in regard to JW teachings and practices. If you are after a answer from one of Jehovah’s Witnesses, please read some of the answers that the various experts have published before choosing someone. If you want to ask one of the NON JWs a question, that is fine, BUT if you want a balancing view after asking one of the NON JWs, ask a JW the same question. PLEASE ALSO NOTE: There(have been)and are, some "experts" here who are NOT always the most courteous and polite, at times are actually quite rude, that applies to both JW's and non JW's and their answers may offend, especially when they get personal and attack the character of the person and not the message. Unfortunately some here that have done that. So it IS IMPORTANT to chose an "expert" that YOU feel will best suit YOU by reading some of their past answers . . . . .

I have been a publisher since 1964. When I first went on the internet I found a lot of negative information dealing with Jehovah’s Witnesses covering prophecy, mind control and what many said was a very bad translation of the Bible known as the NWT. It shook my faith. After may hours researching these topics I could see why some felt that way, but, I was also able to explain why there were these misleading views. I can now set matters straight for anyone that has negative information about Jehovah’s Witness to show them that such information is at best misleading and at worst dangerous lies.

I have been a student of the Bible for many years, am trying to teach myself Biblical Greek. Was a public tax accountant for many years untill SEP 2009 when I gave it up due to health problems.