Jehovah`s Witness/jw pedophilia and involvement with U.N

of ive been reading a lot about court cases involving members of your religion implicated for molesting young ones and of course wts being fined heavily for covering up these pedophiles who were only exposed when victims could no longer bear to suffer in silence. so dont you think your church is heading for bankrupcy coz of settling huge sum in courts just for silencing victims using what u call disfellowship if at all the victims decide to report the matter to the police? and as a jw what is yo take on yo involvement wit U.N? and would christ would be happy to use a church that covers up pedophilia if more especialy the elders are the ones involved

Good Morning ,

Thank you for your question. To make sure I cover everything in your question I have broken it down into four parts:

Q: Do I think our organization is going bankrupt?
A: Due to lack of information I can't answer questions about the financial status of our organization. You are correct, when the case is proven to be true the guilty party is disfellowshipped* from the congregation.

Q: Does our organization cover up pedophilia?
A: As an organization we do not cover up anything so disgusting. If something like that happens on a congregation level, when it is expose, all those involve (including those that help cover it up) will have to answer for what they have done, even if that means disfellowshipping all parties involved. Another important thing to note is that nothing escapes Jehovah's notice(Proverbs 15:3). Jehovah is a God of justice and he is firm for righteousness. He never lacks the courage to stand up for what is right. Fittingly, the lion as a symbol of courageous justice is associated with God’s presence and throne.#  (Ezekiel 1:10; Revelation 4:7) We can thus be sure that he will fulfill his promise to rid this earth of injustice. Yes, his way of judging can be summed up as follows: firmness where necessary, mercy wherever possible.—2 Peter 3:9.

Q: What is my take on JW involvement with the UN?
A: You have to be more specific. Exactly what involvement are you referring to? please provide specific cases so that I cases to that I may look them up too.

Q: Would Christ be happy to use an organization that covers up pedophilia if more individuals, especially the elders are the ones involved?
A: Christ is the head of the christian congregation and he exercises his authority over all that takes place within the congregation. Nothing that occurs within the congregation escapes his notice. The elders have a weighty responsibility in properly caring for each member of the congregation. Forcing someone to engage in pedophilia is not only against the law, but it is an abuse of their authority as elder in the congregation. When Jesus was on Earth he condemned religious leaders for exploiting+ members of the congregation (Ezek. 34:7-10; Jer. 23:1) and he does the same thing today. Once it has been exposed and proven true, those involved will not longer be members of the christian congregation.

*Some info on disfellowshipping: Jehovah God took expelling, or disfellowshipping, action in numerous instances. He sentenced Adam to death and drove him and his wife Eve out of the garden of Eden. (Ge 3:19, 23, 24) Cain was banished and became a wanderer and a fugitive in the earth. (Ge 4:11, 14, 16) The angels that sinned were thrown into Tartarus, a condition of dense darkness in which they are reserved for judgment. (2Pe 2:4) Twenty-three thousand fornicators were cut off from Israel in one day... Based on the principles of the Hebrew Scriptures, the Christian Greek Scriptures by command and precedent authorize expulsion, or disfellowshipping, from the Christian congregation. By exercising this God-given authority, the congregation keeps itself clean and in good standing before God... Those who have been expelled may be received back into the congregation if they manifest sincere repentance. (2Co 2:5-8) This also is a protection to the congregation, preventing it from being overreached by Satan in swinging from condoning wrongdoing to the other extreme, becoming harsh and unforgiving.—2Co 2:10, 11.

#Interestingly, Jehovah likens himself to a lion in executing judgment on unfaithful Israel.—Jeremiah 25:38; Hosea 5:14.

+More info on christian shepherds:  Consider the attitude of shepherds whom God condemned. In the days of Ezekiel and Jeremiah, Jehovah denounced those who should have been caring for his sheep but were not doing so properly. When no one was keeping watch over the sheep, the flock was preyed upon and it scattered. Rather than feeding the sheep, those shepherds were exploiting them and “feeding themselves.” (Ezek. 34:7-10; Jer. 23:1) God’s condemnation of those shepherds can appropriately be applied to the leaders of Christendom. But it also stresses how important it is for Christian elders to give Jehovah’s flock proper and loving attention.

Thanks again for your question.

With warm regard,

Pam B

Jehovah`s Witness

Sister Pam B

Questions about Jehovah's Witnesses and our beliefs.

Learning Bible teachings since 1975. I was baptized in 1994.

Jehovah's Witness

I have a BFA in graphic design and I'm in school for my MFA in animation right now.