Jehovah`s Witness/Believe without questions

Question
Neopaganists deride Christians, using a old phrase that comes from the church, but I dont know who is the christian that said these words. Its "pisteve kai mi ereuna". The translation is "believe and dont research". So they say Christians are fools of blind faith who just believe whoever, without bothering to test if this or that is true or false.

The problem is that I dont know exactly what the christian who said these words had in mind. It seems that the passage means "believe and not ask questions, because a human can never understand God's wisdom".

Do you agree with this? Should a christian ask questions and search for a logical explanation in scriptures he doesnt understand? Or he should follow what is said without bothering to understand?

To be honest, I disagree with the second. If I tell you that I hold the true religion, believe me and dont bother to check it out if what I say is true or false, are you going to follow me as a blind? If I give you money and food, or promise you a future paradise, are you going to trust me?

Are atheists right when they say that "doctrine" means "unquestioned truth"? I cant question?

I also would like to know as I asked in the previous question, why you believe God created me with a logic lesser than Him? Did God create various logics? If Im a creature of Him, if He gives me His Word, shouldnt I be able to comprehend what He says?

Thank you.

Answer
YOU:  "Neopaganists deride Christians, using a old phrase that comes from the church, but I dont know who is the christian that said these words. Its "pisteve kai mi ereuna". The translation is "believe and dont research". So they say Christians are fools of blind faith who just believe whoever, without bothering to test if this or that is true or false."

Now, would these be the same people who believe in micro-evolution, because some science book and college professor TOLD them it is true, on blind faith, without ANY facts whatsoever to support it?  And who also hold to beliefs such as polytheism, animism, and pantheism?  

And they call us "fools of blind faith"?

YOU:  "The problem is that I dont know exactly what the christian who said these words had in mind. It seems that the passage means "believe and not ask questions, because a human can never understand God's wisdom".

Well, I don't know what he had in mind, either.  He would be the one to ask that question to.  But if he said something to the effect of "believe and don't research" , then could it be that he might have been a member of the Governing Body in New York?  I mean, the WT once told its followers to "avoid independent thinking", and that there was no need to research, because the "research has been done for you".  

Seems to me to be about the same thing.

Anyway, no Christaras, you have again misunderstood my comment.  I did not say not to research...I said not to argue with God, and place your "logic" in opposition to His Word.  Also, I said not to refuse to accept His means of salvation, because you can't "logically" understand every "in" and "out".  

You ask if I agree with the notion of blind faith without research?  Again, you are talking to someone who rejected what I had been taught to believe in blindly, and QUESTIONED everything I had ever been taught, until I either proved or disproved it from the Bible.

HOWEVER....Let me say this, and this may very well stumble you....When it comes to MAN'S words and publications, you should research, question, and do everything you can to make sure its the truth.  But I DO believe and accept the Bible as the ultimate and final authority, and I happily admit that I accept whatever it says, and will not question it.  Why?  Because I believe it has the hand of God and His inspiration all over it, and all throughout it.  It has stood the test of time, and has been proven true.  So, if IT says something I may not understand, I believe it anyway....Because it is the Word of the living God.

Now, I might question it in the sense of wanting to dig deeper and understand it to a greater degree.  But never do I question it, to call its authority over me into question.

YOU:  "To be honest, I disagree with the second. If I tell you that I hold the true religion, believe me and dont bother to check it out if what I say is true or false, are you going to follow me as a blind? If I give you money and food, or promise you a future paradise, are you going to trust me?"

But your statement here is referring to what YOU tell me, and no, I would NOT blindly accept that.  You had better believe I would question you.  But you know what?  At the end of the day, I would simply compare what you said, with the Scriptures.  And that would settle it.

Christaras, think....There HAS to be a final authority somewhere, that has the last word on the matter.  The question is, is it YOU, or the Scriptures?

And again, you ask if I think we should research and question things, or just blindly accept them.  AGAIN, think about who you are talking to here....The guy who has spent 14 years on this forum, telling JWs to compare EVERYTHING they are taught, against the Word of God.

Listen, I will say this once more, regarding atheists.  They can mock, call us "fools" all they want to.  That's about like a guy who just got his brains beat in in a boxing ring, calling me a "loser".  The fact is, they accept just about ALL of their ideas on blind faith, with no evidence to support them at all.

And finally, WHY did God create you with a logic lesser than Him?  That seems a pretty simple question to me, and I'm surprised that you asked it.  Because you are the creation, and He is the Creator.  You are to worship Him, and seek Him for guidance...not to be self-sufficient in your own self.

Think about it....If you were as wise as God, would you even SEEK God?  

Jehovah`s Witness

Derrick Holland