Jehovah`s Witness/Eddie Doesn't Understand The Trinity....Part 2

Almost 2 weeks ago, I wrote a discourse which replied to Eddie G’s claim to “understand” the Trinity better than most people, and Richard’s assertion that Eddie G does not, in fact, understand the Trinity.  Now since writing that, there has been a JW or two to protest that it really “doesn’t matter” if Eddie and Rando do or don’t understand it.  Well, yes it does matter….Because they keep talking about it, misrepresenting it, and claiming that they DO understand it.  In fact, Rando even claims to be an EXPERT on the Trinity, if you can believe that one.

And then, we have Eddie claiming to understand the teaching, as well.  

Now, my last writing focused mainly on false statements made by Rando that Eddie G apparently endorses.  It also focused on the fact of many Bible teachings being called a “mystery”, and how that does not negate in any way, whether or not they are true, and it also focused on Eddie’s illogical reasoning that something being beyond human comprehension must mean that it is “man-made”.

This writing will be much shorter, and will focus on Eddie’s lack of understanding of the Trinity, based on comments made from Eddie himself.  As has been pointed out several times, by myself as well as Richard, a person can actually reveal their own lack of understanding, just by the questions they ask and the statements they make.  And Eddie G has been his own worst enemy in this regard, if he wants people to think he is qualified to lecture on this topic, because a person who really understands the Trinity, would never make the comments or ask the questions that Eddie G has.  

In fact, the comments I am going to post, I found quite by accident.  But they are actually what inspired the "Part 2" of this discussion.  Will there be a "Part 3"?  Who knows?  I guess that depends if they actually decide to start telling the truth for a change, or if they continue to keep posting their distortions of the teaching.  I was actually looking through the archives looking for a completely unrelated quote, and found this instead…….

To begin with, let us give a simple definition of the Trinity, and we will use this basic and by no means exhaustive, definition, to compare with the following statements.  again, the issue is not whether a person AGREES with the Trinity or not.  The issue is, should they be talking about it when they don't know what it is, and claiming to understand it when they don't?  

The Trinity basically states….

There is only ONE God according to the Scriptures, and His name is Jehovah.  Within this one God, the Scripture reveals 3 distinct Persons….The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.  

Okay, now compare this basic understanding of the Trinity, with the following statements made by somebody who OBVIOUSLY does not grasp the teaching of the Trinity….

I quote.....

MORE PROOF:  The trinity teaches that God asked himself to go to earth to save mankind.

Then he agreed with himself and volunteered himself to himself to offer himself.

Then God impregnated a woman as himself, with himself.

God prayed to himself and glorified himself repeatedly.

God strengthened himself and talked to himself.

Finally God forsook himself and sacrificed himself to prove his loyalty to himself.

While dead he resurrected himself so he could exalt himself above himself.

Then he sat at his own right hand and waited till he placed his enemies as a footstool.

Finally with Satan's forces defeated, God would turn his kingdom over to himself that all things would become everything to himself."

I guess that's one way of looking at it. The ridiculousness of it all - this trinity doctrine.

Unfortunately for the person who wrote this, these comments have nothing to do with the Trinity doctrine, nor are they believed by Trinitarians.  They completely ignore the fact that 3 distinct Persons are called God in Scripture, and ASSUME Modalism is the same as the Trinity.  The above comments also assume that Trinitarians think Jesus is the Father, which again, is completely false.  And anyone who understands the Trinity, would not make that mistake.  

Again, the person writing these comments thought they were giving the Trinity a good pummeling….Only problem was, they only showed their own ignorance of the teaching.

But the most distressing part of it all, was the very last words in the writing.  It was signed…

Eddie G.

And this is the guy who “understands” it better than most people?  I don’t think so.

Eddie, don’t you think it is a good idea to at least understand the teaching you are trying to refute, so as to not wind up looking so foolish?  

Jehovah`s Witness

Derrick Holland

I was raised in the religion known as Jehovah`s Witnesses for 13 years. Since becoming a born-again Christian, I have researched extensively this religion, especially their doctrines and their history. I can answer questions about their doctrines from the perspective of Biblical Christianity. To be clear: Jehovahs Witnesses is the religion of my upbringing, though I myself was never baptized into the religion, nor have I ever been considered as a Jehovahs Witness.

29 years of Biblical research into the fundamental doctrines of the Christian faith, and how they differ from the teachings of the Watchtower.

I would advise each questioner to this forum, to carefully READ the profiles of the various volunteers. There are several such as myself, who are not practicing JWs, but will provide you with an accurate and honest answer, regarding JW teaching. If we don't know the answer, we will try to research and get it for you. There are also some excellent practicing JWs here, who also endeavor to give you a factual and honest answer, based on their point of view. I believe by getting both points of view, the questioner can weigh the evidence for themselves, and make an informed decision. Unfortunately, there are also 3 here who claim to be JWs, but do NOT give honest, or well-researched answers. They will tell you only what they want you to believe, and they often hide facts about the history of their religion, as well as print untruths about other people's beliefs. This is done in an attempt to deceive the unsuspecting reader. It can be easily seen who these 3 are, simply by reading the public posts and "answers" which they write. Their posts will normally be filled with personal attacks, and if you question them about some teaching or aspect of the Watchtower that makes them uncomfortable, they will often reject your question, question your motives for asking it, tell you that you have been reading "apostate" sites, or turn the conversation into an attack on another expert. These ones are better avoided, as there is nothing to be gained by way of positive discussion, as they are not interested in intelligent conversation, or honest dialogue. If after reading the forum, you still have any questions as to who they are, just ask me, and I will be happy to tell you. And I can also provide documentation of their willful dishonesty. One thing is for a forum where people from both sides claim to be "Christians", there should never be any willful lying. Such ones only create a distraction in the forum, and provide nothing of any real value.

High School, some college. Studies of God's Word, the Bible, and how it compares to JW theology. I have found my own personal study and experiences to be far more valuable than any formal education or training. The Bible message is clear...Salvation is ONLY through and by the shed blood of Jesus Christ, and no religious organization has a thing to do with it. While attendance at a Bible-preaching, Bible-believing church is a must for spiritual growth and fellowship, no church can grant salvation to its members. Nor is joining a particular group a prerequisite for being saved.