Jehovah`s Witness/Is God a Mystery?

Although no man can see God and live (Ex. 33:20)  does that mean God is a mystery?  

When someone believes this what would you think? --  Jehovah is Jesus, Jesus is Almighty God not an angel or created, then say angels are created, and then say Jehovah appeared as THE angel of the Lord in a form that man could look upon, then say, Jesus who is Almighty God died for our sins. Then say, Jesus is the son of God, then say, God the Father is not the son, God the Son is not the Father, God the Holy Spirit is not the son nor the Father.  Then say, all are distinct but yet all are Almighty God, eternal, coequal, and uncreated.  

So if Jehovah is Jesus, and Jesus is the son, didn't you just say, the Father is not the son?  And the son not the father?  And if none are created, and angels are, how can Jehovah appear as THE angel of the lord?  Which lord would that be?  And if Jesus is Almighty God eternal how was he able to be killed by mere humans?  How is Jehovah now a created angel or messenger of the lord?   

Seriously, this belief can do nothing but make God a complete mystery and in fact it's very sad that people really believe this.

Jehovah (He causes to become) and his son Jesus (Jehovah is Salvation)  are Father and Son.  Totally separate, not just distinct, but totally separate, as Jesus said the Father is greater than I am (John 14:28)

And there's the word "I am"  why isn't this 'I am" used to say it's God?

That's the mystery that encompasses many today.  But once you learn the truth about Jehovah and his son Jesus, you are set free from these types of confusing illogical mysteries, used to brainwash people and keep them in the dark.    It's important to read the scriptures and ask the reason and logic we as humans were created with as being in the image of God. (Gen. 1:26)  Don't be comfortable with not understanding, as the Bible assures us that God gives understanding and wisdom, (Prov. 2:1-6) he is not a mystery that cannot be understood in human terms.  To know someone, to draw close to them as God said we should draw close to him (James 4:8) means you have to learn about them, if you are never able to actually learn about God in order to come to know him because you are comfortable accepting a false teaching that says God is a mystery, you are doing yourself a great disservice.   All the teachings of the Bible are based on logic and reason, not disorder and confusion.   The spiritual wisdom from above is not illogical the Bible tells us, it's peaceable and reasonable (or easy to be entreated).

James 3:16 "But the wisdom from above is first of all pure, then peaceable, reasonable, ready to obey, full of mercy and good fruits, impartial, not hypocritical."

1 Cor. 14:33 "For God is a God not of disorder but of peace"

The Bible helps us to see that God wants us to know him of course, we will never know everything about God. This is to be expected because his thoughts and ways are higher than ours.  Ecclesiastes 3:11; Isaiah 55:8, 9.

God enables us not only to comprehend him but also to develop a close friendship with him. God described the faithful man Abraham as “my friend,” and King David of Israel wrote: “The intimacy with Jehovah belongs to those fearful of him.”  Isaiah 41:8; Psalm 25:14

Through the Bible, God provides what we need in order to know him well.  He tells us his name, Jehovah. (Isaiah 42:8; Psalms 83:18) He has recorded his deeds toward mankind so that we can know the Person behind the name. More than that, God reveals his emotions to us. He is “merciful and compassionate, slow to anger and abundant in loyal love and truth,” (Exodus 34:6) Our actions can affect his feelings. For example, the ancient nation of Israel made him “feel hurt” when they rebelled against him, while those who wisely obey him bring him joy.  (Psalm 78:40; Proverbs 27:11.)  He tells us that He is a Spirit (John 4:24; 1 Cor 15:44) That He has a dwelling place (1 Kings 8:43) That He is invisible (Heb. 11:27; Romans 1:20; )  That He has spirit sons (Job 1:6; Job 38:7)

The Trinity, explain Catholic scholars Karl Rahner and Herbert Vorgrimler, “could not be known without revelation, and even after revelation cannot become wholly intelligible.” Can you really love someone who is impossible to know or understand? The doctrine of the Trinity, therefore, is a barrier to knowing and loving God.

Yes, there are things that we will never know about God, and there is hidden wisdom as we read here:

1 Cor 2:7 "But we speak God’s wisdom in a sacred secret, the hidden wisdom, which God foreordained before the systems of things for our glory.

But God Himself is not a mystery, we have to come to understand his word by his revealing it.  As the scripture says:

1 Cor. 2:10-16 "For it is to us God has revealed them through his spirit, for the spirit searches into all things, even the deep things of God. 11 For who among men knows the things of a man except the man’s spirit within him? So, too, no one has come to know the things of God except the spirit of God. 12 Now we received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit that is from God, so that we might know the things that have been kindly given us by God. 13 These things we also speak, not with words taught by human wisdom, but with those taught by the spirit, as we explain spiritual matters with spiritual words.  14 But a physical man does not accept the things of the spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot get to know them, because they are examined spiritually. 15 However, the spiritual man examines all things, but he himself is not examined by any man. 16 For “who has come to know the mind of Jehovah, so that he may instruct him?” But we do have the mind of Christ."

Amos 3:7 "For the Sovereign Lord Jehovah will not do a thing Unless he has revealed his confidential matter to his servants the prophets."

Jesus said at John 8:32 "and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”   

Look at creation, look at what God has created, his creations are inexcusable (Romans 1:20) and they are perfect in logic and order.  God is so perfect in order that not one of the stars are missing, all are named, (Isa 40:26) we can tell time by the sun.  The trees know when to shed their leaves, the seasons know when to change, the animals know when to migrate, the day knows when to come, the night knows when to come.  The earth's rotation is precise.  Everything in creation is logical.   Everything God does is by order, not disorder.  

So why would he be an illogical mystery. When everything about Him and His creations are filled with logic!

Get to know the God of the Bible, whose name is Jehovah!  Not the man-made incomprehensible no name Trinity mystery that can never be explained.  

Sister T

Jehovah`s Witness

Sister T

Please click here--> For your Free Home Bible Study

I can answer questions related to Jehovah's Witnesses and the Bible. I love learning the truth from the Bible and helping others to learn that truth as well. I don't know everything but will answer from the Bible, I like to use illustrations as well to help a person relate to what is being said. The Bible has the last say so over any person.

I am an active baptized Jehovah's Witness and Jehovah is Almighty God,(Ps. 83:18) and his Son Jesus Christ died so that everyone exercising faith in him may not be destroyed but have everlasting life. (John 3:16). I support my fellow Witnesses on this board who are real, and Jehovah's worldwide visible organization, including the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses. As God is not a God of disorder, and there could not be order if there were not ones to take the lead. Taking the lead and having a leader is not the same, our leader is Jesus Christ, and in order to have unity and order, there has to be arrangements in place. As the first century Christians had, there were men taking the lead, (Acts 6:1-6) as with Moses, (Exodus 18:21) and in our day, in following with Bible truths, we do the same. When people twist that around to us worshiping men, it is just a straight out lie! Why would the Scripture at 1 Tim. 3:1-10, 12, 13 give the criteria for men reaching out for an office of overseer if that was not meant to be? (Phil 1:1, Acts 20:17, 28, Eph. 4:11, 12, 2 Cor. 3:4-6). If we were not supposed to have men who take the lead, why was this scripture penned? James 5:14-15 "Is there anyone sick among YOU? Let him call the older men of the congregation to [him], and let them pray over him, greasing [him] with oil in the name of Jehovah. 15 And the prayer of faith will make the indisposed one well, and Jehovah will raise him up. Also, if he has committed sins, it will be forgiven him."

If you have legit questions and want to know the truth, please ask, but if you are here to spread your lies and twists of the scriptures or get your falsehoods out, you may get rejected! The truth is from the Bible, if what you say does not harmonize with the Bible then what you say is wrong! Context and other scriptures help determine scriptures that may stump us, let scripture interpret scripture. The Bible does not contradict itself, so if what you are being taught or if what you are teaching makes it seem like the Bible is contradictory, remember it's not the Bible it's the man-made teaching! Doctrines of men! Mark 7:6, 7 "He said to them: “Isaiah aptly prophesied about YOU hypocrites, as it is written, ‘This people honor me with [their] lips, but their hearts are far removed from me. 7 It is in vain that they keep worshiping me, because they teach as doctrines commands of men." (also Romans 10:2, 3)

Matthew 24:14 says "And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come." We are doing that today, we are living in times of Bible Prophecy and as a Jehovah's Witness, we have the privilege to be apart of a prophecy spoken by Jesus himself! The good news of the Kingdom. Ask yourself, what kingdom? then read Daniel 2:44! It's a real government. Take heed now! Listening to men over God will mean your life.(Prov 3:5,6, Ps. 146:3) A lie will never become truth, No matter how long or how many people say it or speak it. Learn what the Bible really teaches, seek out Jehovah's ways, serving God in truth is only acceptable to him,(John 4:23, 24) you can not be serving God acceptably if what you believe is a lie! Pray for understanding and ask Jehovah to search your heart and draw you! (John 6:44, 65) Now is the time to be with the people who are called by Jehovah's name! (Acts 15:14, 17, Isa. 43:7, 10, Zech 8:23)