Jehovah`s Witness/do jws have 'accurate knowledge of truth'?

Question
hai pam
i first of all want to let u know that although i disagree with most of your beliefs, i sincerly appreciate your honest and sincere answers on this forum unlike some experts here. My question is on jws claim that they teach 'accurate knowledge of truth'. I often wonder what they mean when their 'accurate' teachings are changed from time to time. Can anyone see the need to change something that was accurate? Does not the fact that these teachings are changed from time to time show that they are never accurate? Recently, the identity of 'faithful and discreet slave' was changed. Dear pam, what would you do when you wake up one day and find that its now okey for jws to receive blood and to vote in political elections?
Once more, i appreciate honest and respectful answers u give.

Answer
Hi Pamela (I love your name!)

Thank you so much for your question. I can completely understand where you are coming from. I am going to answer each question separately so that I don't leave anything unanswered.

1) How do we now we have the truth?

(a) We remain in Jesusí teaching. ó John 8:31, 32.
(b) We love one another. ó 1 Pet. 4:8, 10
(c) We adhere to Godís high moral standards. ó Hosea 14:9; Revelation 4:11
(d) We remain neutral in the controversies of this world. ó John 17:15, 16
(e) We are Godís named people. ó Acts 15:14; Isaiah 43:1-28 (especially verse 10)

2) Can anyone see the need to change something that was accurate?

There have been many occasions in the scriptures where Jesus' disciples misunderstood something that was taught. For example, many of his followers tried to make seize him and make him king while he was on the earth. However, when that did not take place, and he actually did die and give his life as a ransom sacrifice, his true followers stayed by his side. Thus the word of God id not change, but their understanding became more clear.

3) Does not the fact that these teachings are changed from time to time show that they are never accurate?

Bible teachings are always accurate. Our understanding of those teachings gets clearer and clearer as we continue to study his word the Bible. If you could give me an example of what you're referring to I can give you a very accurate answer.

4)  What would you do when you wake up one day and find that its now okay for JWs to receive blood and to vote in political elections?

I am positive that that day will never come. God's word tells us to abstain from blood. (Genesis 9:3, 4; Acts 15:28, 29; 21:25)That is very clear, and has been a constant feature in our worship to Jehovah.

Jesus did not get involved with politics while was on the earth. In fact he said that his disciples are not part of the world(John 17:15, 16). This is very clear direction from God's word. Jehovah's Witnesses as a whole will always remain neutral in political affairs of this world because they do not concern us. We advocate God's kingdom, which Jesus commanded his followers to preach about. (Matt 24:14; 28:19, 20).

You've asked some really good questions. Have you ever studied with Jehovah's witnesses before?

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2012575?q=how+do+we+know+we+have+the+truth&p=

Jehovah`s Witness

Sister Pam B