Jehovah`s Witness/Obey the state which is servant of God?

Are the human governments servants of Satan or God?

In Revelation and Luke we read that human authorities are given power by Satan.

4:5 And the devil, taking him up into an high mountain, shewed unto him all the kingdoms of the world in a moment of time.
4:6 And the devil said unto him, All this power will I give thee, and the glory of them: for that is delivered unto me; and to whomsoever I will I give it.

13:4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him?

In Daniel and Epistle to Rome we read that human authorities are servants of God.

2:37 Thou, O king, art a king of kings: for the God of heaven hath given thee a kingdom, power, and strength, and glory.

13:1 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.
13:2 Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.
13:3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil.  Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:
13:4 For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.
13:5 Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake.
13:6 For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing.
13:7 Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour.

1)do the writers of the Bible have various opinions concerning the one who gives power to the human rulers? Satan or Jehovah?

Also, what is interesting is that Paul says human governments are fair, so you must pay taxes otherwise youre going to face the sword, because they are ministers of God! Also Jesus says that give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar,

This is too strange. Did Paul try to appease the human rulers, so that the new religion would not face persecution by Rome?

Human rulers have caused so much pain and injustice. I dont understand, unless Paul wanted to make known that the new religion is not a threat, as Jws try to gain political favor so that they are not persecuted as illegal. But all these actions would be an effort to receive favor from the human beasts. Religious leaders are usually doing this.

I really dont understand.

2)First the Bible calls them beasts of Satan, then they are servants of God's justice?

Can you help with these 2 questions?

Thank you.

Hi Christaras,

Good to hear from you again.  Please forgive me on your previous question.  Can you please re-send it?  I would like to answer it when you get a chance.

I noticed that Derrick answered some of your questions recently.  I will echo him in one regard.  To me, you are searching for answers to apparently conflicting statements in the Bible.  There are many websites dedicated to these things.  Some of them are set up to show the Bible as faulty, and some of them are set up to answer those statements.  I recommend checking around to see if a satisfactory answer is present.  And truthfully, some answers aren't completely satisfactory and require more time and prayer.

Here is what I know and accept.  The Bible is not wrong.  Man's interpretation of it certainly can be, but the Bible itself isn't.

Whenever two scriptures seemingly contradict, there must be truth that incorporates both statements without conflict.

That said, let's look at your statements.  Regarding Satan, he gives power and glory to some and people worship him.  This is a very different power, glory, and worship than that which belongs to God.  We can very clearly see the Satanic power, glory, and worship in the world around us.  For instance, many people with money and/or prestige become powerful and many people idolize them (give them glory).  In Daniel 2, Nebuchadnezzar has received the dominion, power, might, and glory of men.  This is far from the dominion, power, might, and glory that God receives (and shares with no one).

Regarding Romans 13, rather than re-invent the wheel, I would like to direct you to some excellent commentaries.  The first one (Barnes notes) seems to answer a fair portion of your question.

You asked, "Are the human governments servants of Satan or God?"  That depends on the context.  Are they serving Satan?  Yes, if they are seeking power and glory from men rather than God.  Are they serving God?  Yes, if they are being used to accomplish His will.

You may ask how this can be?  Let's look at Romans 9:16-23.  "16It does not, therefore, depend on human desire or effort, but on God’s mercy. 17For Scripture says to Pharaoh: “I raised you up for this very purpose, that I might display my power in you and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth.”g 18Therefore God has mercy on whom he wants to have mercy, and he hardens whom he wants to harden.  19One of you will say to me: “Then why does God still blame us? For who is able to resist his will?” 20But who are you, a human being, to talk back to God? “Shall what is formed say to the one who formed it, ‘Why did you make me like this?’ ”h 21Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for special purposes and some for common use?  22What if God, although choosing to show his wrath and make his power known, bore with great patience the objects of his wrath—prepared for destruction? 23What if he did this to make the riches of his glory known   to the objects of his mercy, whom he prepared in advance for glory

As you can see, God creates everyone and everything for the purpose of making the riches of his glory known.  He specifically mentions Pharaoh (who clearly served Satan's purpose of enslaving God's chosen people) as being raised that way to display God's power and so that God's name would be proclaimed in all the earth.  Pharaoh ultimately served God's will.  So, God establishes these governments to accomplish His will.  This can be difficult to accept particularly when certain governments operate in a very un-Godly way.  But ultimately, God's will shall be done.  Under that umbrella, they are serving Satan by leading their people against God.  

This topic opens up a greater that I prefer not to be a part of at the moment (predestination).

I hope that helps, and thanks for writing.

Jehovah`s Witness

I am not a Jehovah's Witness, however I can answer many questions concerning the ideas and doctrines on which they disagree with mainstream Christianity. I have spent a great deal of time in ministry with current and ex-Jehovah's Witnesses, as well as those who have started to become disillusioned with the Watchtower Organization.

Jehovah's Witnesses are generally wonderful and moral people who are zealous for God. However, in their zeal, they have pledged allegiance to what they believe is God's spirit-directed organization. This allegiance blinds them from allowing God's word alone to work in them. My hope is to share the love of Jesus Christ with all who seek salvation, no matter their label or denomination. My experiences come from the relationship that I have with Him as the source of my daily strength. These experiences create an undeniable testimony of salvation by grace through faith in the cleansing blood of the Lamb of God. Through prayer and meditation on God's holy word alone, we find truth as revealed to us through the Holy Spirit.

As the word "organization" is misleading in this particular area, I want to be clear that, as a member of the body of Christ, the label or denomination of the church I attend is not the source of my salvation. I do not go to or through any organization for official knowledge or guidance. I go to God's word alone.

I have a Bachelor and Master's Degree with extensive educational experience.