Jehovah`s Witness/Rando's Trinity

Question
Greetings Rando,

I have read the last several posts regarding Eddie and Kevin.  First, you should know that I sent Eddie a private e-mail, one that he has not replied to.  I do not know if he read it or not, but I addressed certain things that you two have discussed.

Second, you made a couple statements in Kevin's reply that appear to make a case for you, but they do not.

Please see below.

Answer
The link you provided to show that "theos" can mean "a god" says this...
"Definition: (a) God, (b) a god, generally."  Below that, is applies the general use to many different verses, but John 1:1 is not one of them.  

In the next paragraph, you invoke an application of the feminine noun without the infinite article.  In his 1982 book, "The Jehovah's Witness' New Testament," Greek scholar Robert Countess looked up all such occurrences in the NT (theos without the definite article) and checked the NWT.  He discovered that the WTS only followed their stated rule 6% of the time.
94% of the time, they translated it "God" anyway!

You use John 1:18 which literally translates as "only-begotten God", but you focus on the wrong word.  "Monogenes" from which we get "only-begotten" means (according to http://biblehub.com/greek/3439.htm)
Definition: only, only-begotten; unique.  Also, 3439 monogenḗs (from 3411 /misthōtós, "one-and-only" and 1085 /génos, "offspring, stock") – properly, one-and-only; "one of a kind" – literally, "one (monos) of a class, genos" (the only of its kind).

Using the same sources you used, one can easily see that Jesus is "the only of its kind" God, not a created god.  He is "unique".

I take no issue with the "elohim"/angels comments.

The main issue I have is that the translators of the NWT picked whatever definition fit into their doctrine rather than allowing the words themselves to dictate doctrine.  Of course I am not blind to the fact that many other translations on the other side of the aisle do the same.  I just appreciate consistency.

Jehovah`s Witness

Richard