Jehovah`s Witness/Revised 'Should You Believe in the Trinity?'

Derrick, greetings in the name of our Lord & Saviour Jesus Christ!

I asked a JW on this forum if a revision to "Should You Believe in the Trinity?" had ever been published.  And if so, how I could obtain one.  This was his response"

ANSWER: The publication as a "stand alone" is no longer offered.  You may go to:

~~~The link above led me to a very short topic in an August 2013 Awake Magazine about the Trinity.

If what is posted in the August 2013 Awake is all that is currently being published by the Watchtower about the Trinity, has everything else fallen to the wayside?  The original brochure was over 30 pages long.    

Since he chose not to post my question I am using this means to see if others can answer my question. With a "No, it was never revised" or "Yes, it was revised".  Do you have any knowledge of this, Derrick?  I would like to know if I'm looking for something that doesn't exist.

Thank you.

Since there has been much ado on this forum lately about the Trinity, would you please tell me where I can obtain a copy of the JW publication "Should You Believe in the Trinity?"  It is my understanding that it has been revised since its original publication.  Is that correct?  

How may I obtain a copy of this booklet?  Ask any JW?  Pick one up at a Kingdom Hall? Request a copy from Watchtower Headquarters? (if so, please provide the address... e-mail or otherwise). I would prefer a hardcopy, but will accept a link where it can be read online.

Thank you.

ANSWER: The publication as a "stand alone" is no longer offered.  You may go to:

Take Care,
Brother Rando

How disappointing. I had already gone to the website and looked thru the 57 'books & brochures' listed there and all I found was a very short article (approximately one 'page') about the Trinity. It was featured as one of the topics in the August 2013 Awake Magazine. I thought the 'Trinity' publication was 25 or 30 pages long.  True? Now it has been reduced to only one page?  Which leads one to believe what has been eliminated (25 or so pages) was either not factual or conducive to the purpose for which it was intended.  

I noticed the offer to a 'few' for a Free Bible Study in your response.  Why just a few? And it is a 'Limited Time Offer about to Expire"'?  Are Bible Studies being discontinued?  Perhaps I misunderstand.  Or is it that is about to expire? (See below)

~~If you are one of the "few" left being called by Jehovah and his Son, you are invited to visit for a Free Bible Study. (Limited Time Offer about to Expire)  Hold on, A New World is coming!

I will continue to look for the revised "Should You Believe in the Trinity?" brochure.  Perhaps I'll find it in a used book store or thrift store... or  online.

Again, disappointed you were not able to help me.  But thanks for responding.

You are very welcome.

Expert: Brother Rando

If you'd like to ask another question in the category, please come to

Hello, Jay.  So good to hear from you.  I hope you are doing well.

To tell you the truth, I had heard that the WT had discontinued this particular publication, but hadn't really thought much about it lately, or tried to find out if they had revised it or written something else similar.  I actually have, or had, this publication somewhere around here.  

The truth is, its probably for the best that it was discontinued, because it was one of the most unscholarly and outright DISHONEST works that has ever been published.  It almost sounds like some of the writings about the Trinity that we read here on Allexperts, if you want to know the truth.  The way that certain "quotes" were misused and misinterpreted (often from PRO-Trinitarians, to make it appear they were not Trinitarian), was appalling, to say the least.

I also agree with you that the link to the article that he provided in his answer, was really not much of anything, but the same old worn out, and already-refuted arguments.  Certainly nothing as extensive as the "SHOULD YOU BELIEVE IN THE TRINITY", publication.  

In fact, I have been able to find nothing about a newer or revised edition of "SHOULD YOU BELIEVE IN THE TRINITY", as being published by the WT Society.  There are a few links to articles on this topic, on their web site, as the link you were given is one of those.  If any person reading this, JW or non-JW, knows of a revision of this publication, then by all means make it known.  I was unable to find anything at all.  I even found a video on Youtube, of a guy who actually called WT Headquarters about this very question, as was repeatedly told "Its out of print" .  He was told he could not get it on their website, nor could he get one sent from Headquarters.  The only way, would be if a local KH happened to have one around, or if he knew a JW who might have it.

But I was unable to find anything about a revision of any sort.

But really, Jay, you hit the nail on the head with this comment..."Which leads one to believe what has been eliminated (25 or so pages) was either not factual or conducive to the purpose for which it was intended."

You are correct...It was not factual, nor honest, in the way it handled the subject.  Perhaps that is why most of what we read on here about the Trinity, from people who claim to "understand" it, is not honest either.

But near as I can tell, there has not been a revision.

Thanks for writing, Jay, and may God richly bless you and your family.

Jehovah`s Witness

Derrick Holland

I was raised in the religion known as Jehovah`s Witnesses for 13 years. Since becoming a born-again Christian, I have researched extensively this religion, especially their doctrines and their history. I can answer questions about their doctrines from the perspective of Biblical Christianity. To be clear: Jehovahs Witnesses is the religion of my upbringing, though I myself was never baptized into the religion, nor have I ever been considered as a Jehovahs Witness.

29 years of Biblical research into the fundamental doctrines of the Christian faith, and how they differ from the teachings of the Watchtower.

I would advise each questioner to this forum, to carefully READ the profiles of the various volunteers. There are several such as myself, who are not practicing JWs, but will provide you with an accurate and honest answer, regarding JW teaching. If we don't know the answer, we will try to research and get it for you. There are also some excellent practicing JWs here, who also endeavor to give you a factual and honest answer, based on their point of view. I believe by getting both points of view, the questioner can weigh the evidence for themselves, and make an informed decision. Unfortunately, there are also 3 here who claim to be JWs, but do NOT give honest, or well-researched answers. They will tell you only what they want you to believe, and they often hide facts about the history of their religion, as well as print untruths about other people's beliefs. This is done in an attempt to deceive the unsuspecting reader. It can be easily seen who these 3 are, simply by reading the public posts and "answers" which they write. Their posts will normally be filled with personal attacks, and if you question them about some teaching or aspect of the Watchtower that makes them uncomfortable, they will often reject your question, question your motives for asking it, tell you that you have been reading "apostate" sites, or turn the conversation into an attack on another expert. These ones are better avoided, as there is nothing to be gained by way of positive discussion, as they are not interested in intelligent conversation, or honest dialogue. If after reading the forum, you still have any questions as to who they are, just ask me, and I will be happy to tell you. And I can also provide documentation of their willful dishonesty. One thing is for a forum where people from both sides claim to be "Christians", there should never be any willful lying. Such ones only create a distraction in the forum, and provide nothing of any real value.

High School, some college. Studies of God's Word, the Bible, and how it compares to JW theology. I have found my own personal study and experiences to be far more valuable than any formal education or training. The Bible message is clear...Salvation is ONLY through and by the shed blood of Jesus Christ, and no religious organization has a thing to do with it. While attendance at a Bible-preaching, Bible-believing church is a must for spiritual growth and fellowship, no church can grant salvation to its members. Nor is joining a particular group a prerequisite for being saved.