Jehovah`s Witness/salvation

I want to ask you about salvation and how we gain salvation. There seems to be conflicting ideas some say you need to believe in Jesus others say there is no salvation and yet witnesses say you can earn it.

Can you help me with this question?

Thanks for writing.

Yes I have no problem helping you with this question. But firstly I need to correct this point you made

<<<<<<<yet witnesses say you can earn it.(salvation) >>>>

We don't say or believe you can earn salvation. Salvation is an undeserved gift from God plain and simple.

Eph 2:

8 "By this undeserved kindness you have been saved through faith, and this is not of your own doing; rather, it is God’s gift"

Rather our love and appreciation for that wonderful gift moves us to serve our God whole souled and God loves those who show they appreciate this gift

Heb 8:

"the blood of the Christ, who through an everlasting spirit offered himself without blemish to God, cleanse our consciences from dead works so that we may render sacred service to the living God?"

John 4:

23 " Nevertheless, the hour is coming, and it is now, when the true worshipers will worship the Father with spirit and truth, for, indeed, the Father is looking for suchlike ones to worship him"

So God grants the gift of salvation to those who really show they appreciate that gift. "Based on the blood of Christ" or in other words "Based on God's gift of salvation" we do our best to show our Father how much we appreciate that gift

Now here's the real point as we saw God isn't looking for everyone this is who he's looking for.

John 4:

23 "looking for suchlike ones"

The expression "suchlike ones" denotes a group of people. He's not looking for these.

2 Tim 4:

3" For there will be a period of time when they will not put up with the wholesome teaching, but according to their own desires, they will surround themselves with teachers to have their ears tickled"

These ones are the lazy ones.The illogical ones. These are the ones who say ridiculous things like "I'm already saved" "My salvation has been given to me, I don't need to do anymore, I am immortal"

Those are the ones who love to have their ears tickled they sit in church listening to their pastor talking nonsense and making up the most ridiculous doctrines

Let's give an example. Let's use Derrick, now Derrick thinks I'm bullying him but really I use him as an example because he is the best example of everything that's wrong with Christendom.

Derrick finally admitted the other day that he believes salvation is not based on logic. Yet in virtually the very next breath he tries to use logic to show how life couldn't have evolved by chance!! Then in many of his posts he attempts to use logic to defend his doctrine whilst in others doesn't bother at all with logic!!

Now the reason is because members of Christendom such as Derrick love having their ears tickled . Their idea of salvation is so easy that they move the goalposts to hang on to it. They pick and choose what they want to believe.

God isn't looking for ones like that who just want to suit themselves. He's looking for his sheep.

So lets sum up.

Atheists say "there is no salvation" atheism is illogical . Christendom say "they're already saved" yet Christendom admit they're not logical.

We say God gives gifts(salvation in this case) to his children that love and appreciate him and want to please him whatever the cost. That's logical.

Gaining salvation has always been logical

Gen 2:

16 “From every tree of the garden you may eat to satisfaction. 17 But as for the tree of the knowledge of good and bad, you must not eat from it, for in the day you eat from it you will certainly die"

Destruction comes about by being illogical

Gen 3:

4" At this the serpent said to the woman: “You certainly will not die. 5 For God knows that in the very day you eat from it, your eyes will be opened and you will be like God, knowing good and bad"

It simply has to be we can only understand things the way we have been created to understand them.

You getting the picture??

Take Care  

Jehovah`s Witness

Bro DW

I have many years of experience serving Jehovah . I have known Jehovah a long time and I have known his organization . I have been privileged to see great progress not only in my own personal relationship with my God and Father but within his organization. I am an avid reader of the bible and have been gifted by my Father with the indescribable privilege of being allowed to understand his own word.

The truth is all about scripture and logic. The two go hand in hand . There is not one bible verse that cannot be understood within the realms of human reasoning. Not one!! Why would it?? The bible is God's message to his creation . His creation who he made to understand things in a specific way. God is not stupid or unwise as to leave as a message then allow us to guess what it means or who he is. 1 Tim 2:3This is fine and acceptable in the sight of our Savior, God, 4whose will is that all sorts of people should be saved and come to an accurate knowledge of truth" Notice the expression "accurate knowledge".

The bible leaves signs of true christianity there are many. Jehovah's witnesses meet every single sign. One sign is the removal of false teachings that permeated the world soon after the apostles died. Jesus foretold this and he also foretold of the restoration of pure worship in the period known as the last days. The days we are currently living in. Jesus was a master of using illustrations he used an illustration to highlight this point Matt 13: "The Kingdom of the heavens may be likened to a man who sowed fine seed in his field. 25While men were sleeping, his enemy came and oversowed weeds in among the wheat and left. 26When the stalk sprouted and produced fruit, then the weeds also appeared. 27So the slaves of the master of the house came and said to him, ‘Master, did you not sow fine seed in your field? How, then, does it have weeds?’ 28He said to them, ‘An enemy, a man, did this.’ The slaves said to him, ‘Do you want us, then, to go out and collect them?’ 29He said, ‘No, for fear that while collecting the weeds, you uproot the wheat with them. 30Let both grow together until the harvest, and in the harvest season, I will tell the reapers: First collect the weeds and bind them in bundles to burn them up; then gather the wheat into my storehouse" Why did he speak in illustrations? Matt 13:10So the disciples came and said to him: “Why do you speak to them by the use of illustrations?” 11In reply he said: “To you it is granted to understand the sacred secrets of the Kingdom of the heavens, but to them it is not granted" The kingdom of the heavens is full of sacred secrets that Jesus reveals only to his followers. This privilege is open to all who are really willing to submit to God and his Christ in action not just in words. These are the ones God is looking for. Are you really one?? If so I encourage you to let Jehovah's witnesses show you what the Bible really teaches.

False religion is disgusting to God and to his true worshippers it is likened in the Bible to a harlot Rev 17:"I will show you the judgment upon the great harlot who sits on many waters, 2with whom the kings of the earth committed fornication, whereas those who inhabit the earth were made drunk with the wine of her fornication" Whereas the bride of Christ is likened to a virgin Rev 14: 4"These are the ones who did not defile themselves with women; in fact, they are virgins" These are both used as spiritual terms here and show the importance of pure and clean worship for God's people.