Jehovah`s Witness/Trinity Exposure

Hi Bro Rando! Just thought I shift this question over to you for more light on the subject from another questioner . Here it is!

"I'm hoping you can clear some things up with your understanding of what the scriptures say, in your words. You see, I was told to read the bible(any translation) so I started.
I am preached to by the jws that Jesus is not God, only a god. So I asked you and other jws what the word "god" means. You said it is "only a title" that means 'strong' or 'mighty one'. To me and I'm sure many others, the word God means 'The Supreme Being', Creator of the universe.(noun) Not as an adjective to describe someone's power.
Jesus is never referred to as a god of anything (adjective). You could describe someone as a god of making or doing something and not think they are God. So when you say Jesus is a god and you exercise faith in Him, doesn't that make Him God too? When I read my bible it states clearly that 'Jesus is God'. John 1:1, Isaiah 9:6. But you say he is 'not the true God', only 'a god'. So I'm confused. Jesus possesses all the traits of God, but is only a person called god. Doesn't the  bible say there is 'only one God'? 'How many gods' do you exercise faith in? Jesus and his Father? Does that mean you believe in 'two gods'?

In my bible it also says that 'Jesus receives worship'. Maybe what you should preach to people that all the other translations are wrong. In my understanding there is 'only one God', the 'Trinity. In the new testament Jesus talks frequently about Himself 'as God'. Can you explain why He uses the personal pronoun so many times when talking about salvation and resurrection. Are you saying there are 'two Saviors'?

I don't recall ever reading about two Saviors. In fact Jesus is called the Lord and Savior more than once. My understanding of English is that the word 'the' means only one and a word with no 's' implies one also.Gen.1:1 God created the earth and heavens....Gen 1:27  Let 'Us' create man in our image.... Drink of 'MY' water... I am the way and the truth...In three days I will rebuild MY  temple.....The way to my Father is through ME..MY name is above all others...I have been given ALL authority in heaven and earth...without MY hands nothing is that is.  before Abraham was 'I AM'.

So you see when I read the bible for myself I come to some logical conclusions. That Jesus is referred to as God and He is the way to salvation. That He died so that we may have everlasting life. Also why does it say in the bible so many different ways that who ever believes in Jesus will never die?

Surely many people and even jws that believed in Jesus have died. How can this be if we have everlasting life? To me ,everlasting is synonymous with eternal. That means without end. I believe it was Paul who wrote "fear not those that can kill your body, but not your soul. Fear Him that can destroy both your body and soul...." That would explain to me that life doesn't end when your earthly body does.

On a side note I read a lot about how jws say they are the only ones that go door to door preaching. Not true,the Mormons do also.

Thank You and look forward to hearing your interpretations Kevin.

Thank you are dear beloved Bro.Rando!

I gave Kevin a thorough witness years ago and he is not a believer, rather an unbeliever.   Even though he proclaimed to be a trinitarian, really he is a modalist and believes in the "three heads" of a Godhead rather than the traditional trinitarian view of the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.  "Christ is God" he claims and when I asked him to show me a scripture, he came empty handed, then began grasping at straws going from scripture to scripture trying to prove the "three gods" concept.  He'll go to Genesis 1:1 to prove Elohim is the trinity three gods in one concept.  He's not even aware of what he thinks he knows.

In John 1:1 he rejects the Greek Crammer of "theos" to mean "a god" even though I gave him the link to see for himself in the Strong's concordance.

I also educated him that the first instance of "theon" means Almighty God and the second instance of "theos" means "a god" for without the infinite article, the feminine noun is invoked in the second instance.  Again the link provided was:

He believes that "In the Beginning was GOD."  He didn't know that he actually denied the "Word of God" {Logos} which God sent (John 3:16)  He doesn't know or appreciate that God is eternal and doesn't have a beginning but the Word of God does!  He writes only to harass Christ's disciples, like that little girl that was possessed bugging the Apostle Paul.

When I asked him why does the KJV remove "theos" from John 1:18?  I never heard so much as a whimper from him ever since... again a link was provided:

Notice theon is used in the first instance, then "theos" was used when speaking about Jesus.... Jesus is a "begotten god" my friend.  

Angels are "gods"..... If you asked "Kevin" whom is the scripture talking about in Psalms 8:5? He would have No Idea!  Elohim meant angels in Ps 8:5!!

New International Version
You have made them a little lower than the angels and crowned them with glory and honor.

New Living Translation
Yet you made them only a little lower than God and crowned them with glory and honor.

English Standard Version
Yet you have made him a little lower than the heavenly beings and crowned him with glory and honor.

New American Standard Bible
Yet You have made him a little lower than God , And You crown him with glory and majesty!

King James Bible
For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels , and hast crowned him with glory and honour.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
You made him little less than God and crowned him with glory and honor.

International Standard Version
You made him a little less than divine , but you crowned him with glory and honor.

NET Bible
and make them a little less than the heavenly beings ? You grant mankind honor and majesty;

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
You made him a little lower than the Angels ; you have clothed him in honor and in glory.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
You have made him a little lower than yourself . You have crowned him with glory and honor.

Jubilee Bible 2000
For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels and hast crowned him with glory and beauty.

King James 2000 Bible
For you have made him a little lower than the angels , and have crowned him with glory and honor.

American King James Version

American Standard Version
For thou hast made him but little lower than God , And crownest him with glory and honor.

Douay-Rheims Bible
Thou hast made him a little less than the angels , thou hast crowned him with glory and honour:

Darby Bible Translation
Thou hast made him a little lower than the angels , and hast crowned him with glory and splendour.

English Revised Version
For thou hast made him but little lower than God , and crownest him with glory and honour.

Webster's Bible Translation
For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels , and hast crowned him with glory and honor.

World English Bible
For you have made him a little lower than God , and crowned him with glory and honor.

Young's Literal Translation
And causest him to lack a little of Godhead , And with honour and majesty compassest him.

POOF!  There goes his "theory" about the Godhead being Almighty God when the Godhead is actually talking about ANGELS!!!!

Take Care my "beloved" Brother!!!
Brother Rando  

Jehovah`s Witness

Brother Rando

Brother Rando is a student of Prophecy and one of Jehovah's Witnesses in good standing with the Faithful and Discreet slave. His interests are directed towards how the time of the end would come about. The earth’s population today is going through a physical, spiritual and emotional tribulation that has been prophesied concerning a time of distress as it enters into a cleansing period of removing wickedness by means of God’s Kingdom. (Daniel 12:1) Brother Rando’s discussions are of keen interest to many who await for God's Kingdom. He asserts that his discussions are just that, and not Prophecies, nor does he make the claim to be inspired. His authority is the Bible. He proclaims the year 2034 to be of very high interest to all. Like a GPS, that gives Insight to location, 2034 allows us to gauge where we are in the stream of time according to God’s Will. According to Brother Rando, the Bible carries two thoughts in it’s passages, one is fleshy and the other is spiritual. Jesus Christ warned Peter of thinking fleshy and that this type of thinking is not from God. (Matthew 16:23) In order to measure time, a method of measurement is needed. Measuring time by “the day” would mean a 24 hour period. However, measuring “the day” spiritually would mean a period of time yet to be revealed using other scripture to interpret the method needed. By looking into the Bible, we can actually determine what God meant by “the day” when looking into his Word on how his Will would come about. As we read (Genesis 2:16-17) the punishment for disobedience was death “in the day”. As time went on, the scriptures do begin to reveal the time frame of “the day”. According to Genesis 5:5, Adam lived 930 years and then he died. Satan who thinks like a man, got it wrong! (Genesis 3:4-5) Why Study the Bible

In Brother Rando’s research of the Bible, he found scripture does interpret other scripture. The answer to how long a day was, according to God’s Will was found in Psalms 90:4 and 2 Peter 3:8. This is vital to gaining understanding in how we are to measure time in God’s view. Spiritually and not fleshy or physical. A day in heavens time is a thousand years to us. It’s by this method we can measure time and where we are in the stream of time of the end. In answer Jesus said to them: “Break down this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.” (John 2:19) Was Jesus indicating that he was the Temple of God, God’s Kingdom? And that the temple would in fact be destroyed or broken down? According to God’s Word, the following scripture is the basis for Salvation. “For if you publicly declare that ‘word in your own mouth,’ that Jesus is Lord, and exercise faith in your heart that God raised him up from the dead, you will be saved.” (Romans 10:9) In order for John 2:19 and Romans 10:9 to come in line, did Jesus utter a prophecy about God's Kingdom since he stated, “I will raise it up”? IF the basis for salvation is that Jesus is Lord and that God raised him up. We can conclude that Jesus did not raise himself up, but it was God that raised him from the dead since he was dead and conscious of nothing at all. (Ecc 9:5) Jesus prophesied that HE would raise God's Kingdom. (Rev 5:10) Jesus was speaking prophetically of raising the temple within the third day of a thousand years. Jesus warned Peter not to think the thoughts of man. (Matthew 16:23) Based on 2 Peter 3:8 we are able to determine the time frame to when God’s Kingdom would be raised up by Jesus Christ. Jesus was put to death on Nisan 14, 33CE. The two days would actually represent two thousand years and we come up with the year 2033. Jesus stated,“in three days I will raise it up.” So the third day is upon us in 2034.

“I fully support, acknowledge and cooperate with *The Faithful Steward and Its' Governing Body* of Jehovah’s Witnesses.” I am property of the "Faithful and Discreet Slave" that Jesus, my brother, is appointing over his belongings. This Slave is the Governing Body of Jehovah's Earthly Organization known Worldwide as "Jehovah's Witnesses". When the Mountain-like organizations act against God's chosen people after Babylon has been destroyed, Jehovah will slaughter those who are touching the pupils of his eyes. Even though Babylon the Great is spoken as a woman and she has fallen in (Rev. 14:8), the sacred secret is that she is not a woman at all, but the World of False Religion that will be utterly destroyed by the personal hand of Jesus Christ as (King Abaddon) in the coming Great Tribulation never to be found again! (Matthew 24:14)

Secular Historians point to the Temple in Jerusalem being destroyed in 70 AD by the Romans. But was Jesus Christ speaking in a physical sense since that Temple is non-existent today? Jehovah Witnesses assert that Jesus under inspiration of Holy Spirit was actually prophesying about his spiritual body as the only means to approach his Heavenly Father. (John 14:6) Not the Temple made by hands or his fleshy body as Christendom claims, but his spiritual body, known as the Body of Christ. (1 Cor 12:27) This would actually be the Collective Representative of God’s Kingdom in how we can approach the One True God JEHOVAH. Brother Rando is not the first to come up with this time frame. In the first part of 1914, the Bible Students known as International Bible Students Association discussed the “time of trouble” on the printed page called The Bible Students Monthly. Early in 1914, an issue of The Bible Students Monthly was issued with the large bold heading “END OF WORLD IN 1914? Some have quoted the large headline of this tract as proof that Russell was expecting the “end of the world” in 1914. However, such neglect the subheading under the larger headline, which states: “NOT THE VIEW OF PASTOR RUSSELL NOR OF I.B.S.A.” International Bible Students Association: "Nevertheless, when viewed from God’s standpoint, we are still “shortly after” 1914. Although Russell himself did not think the time of trouble would be this long, he did allow that it could be. It is possible that the time allotted for this period is 120 years (1914+120=2034), but that these days will be “cut short” some time before they are allowed to reach their end. We do not put this forth as a “prophecy”, nor would we feel anything was wrong if 2034 came and went and nothing had happened as far the full binding of Satan and the destruction of his empire is concerned. All things are in God’s hands."

According to the discussion, 1914 represents the year that the earth would enter into a time of distress and that time limit could very well be 120 years. Which again, brings up the year 2034. The year 1914 is derived by a prophecy of the end of the Gentile times. Brother Rando insists that we should not live by a date, but to use this time to get right with God. Jesus continually pointed that the people who were on the earth when he would raise God’s Temple would be like those people in Noah’s time, taking no note. Where do the 120 years come from? If we read Genesis 6:3, most people think of this scripture in the fleshy sense of man’s lifespan. But could there be a spiritual meaning, giving those with Insight a divine warning? The Bible does say, “make secret the words and seal up the book, until the time of [the] end.” (Daniel 12:4) Could it be, this world has entered into it’s Last Days in 1914? (1 Timothy 3:1-5) Yet there is another scripture that helps us measure the time. In Ecclesiastes 6:6 it reads, “Even supposing that he has lived a thousand years twice over and yet he has not seen what is good, is it not to just one place that everyone is going?” The chapter talks about vanity and that if a person actually lived two thousand years without God’s Kingdom we are all heading to the same place. Since death was the punishment, we would need God’s Kingdom to conquer death, the place we all are heading. A thousand years twice over is two thousand years. Simple math again brings us to the time of 2034, when the second thousand years has been brought to it’s finish. Could Christ Millennial reign be from 2034 to 3034? We don’t know. Jesus stated, he would raise God’s Temple in the third day, so we can expect God's Kingdom to be fully operating sometime between the years 2034 and 3034. However, Jesus Christ was risen first thing on the very morning in the third day. Most Bible readers are in agreement that Christ does rule for a thousand years.

Armageddon is the actual cleansing of the earth from all wickedness. If in the literal sense, it would consist of angels coming down from heaven to bring death to all those rejecting the Kingdom of God. But if it is spiritual, Armageddon could very will take place without the knowledge that it is actually occurring. If this is the case, then Armageddon would commence without the knowledge that the wicked are simply dying off. There seems to be evidence in scripture to how God destroyed the forefather’s in the wilderness. They died off in the wilderness at the hand of the destroyer without knowing of such, as Paul eloquently explains in 1 Corinthians 10:1-10. If.....