Jehovah`s Witness/Unforgiveness

Question
Hello Pearl

Pearl!
Could you explain in the case of a person having an unforgiving heart towards another person were they stand with God.
For me!
God is love, so we as people must who claim to love God!
Must love others no matter how hard it is.
And that can be very hard at times!

Yet the scriptures tell us to ask and it will be given to you.
So, yes there is a way in dealing with the suffering we may have to endure at times.
But l believe myself it's by the Holy Spirit, which Jesus himself promised He would sent to aid us.
Whoever!
If a person is not reflecting love towards us and their heart is hard because they will not forgive their brother
We're do they stand before God?
Could you give some scriptures ref this!

Thankyou for your time Pearl
Riches blessings in Christ.

Answer
     (NOTE: If you would like to read this response with pop-up scriptures,
      please go to this link:
      http://4womaninthewilderness.blogspot.com/2014/03/unforgiveness.html)

Hello,
We are told by Christ to be forgiving, and to forgive OUR BROTHER "up to 77 times" (Matt.18:21,22). Yet we must consider the context.
See verses 15-18:
"15 “Moreover if your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault between you and him alone. If he hears you, you have gained your brother. 16 But if he will not hear, take with you one or two more, that ‘by the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.’ 17 And if he refuses to hear them, tell it to the church. But if he refuses even to hear the church, let him be to you like a heathen and a tax collector.
18 “Assuredly, I say to you, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven."
(also 1Cor.5:11,12,13)

This last verse 18, about the faithful Chosen ones "binding on earth will be bound in heaven", is related to your question. It is a parallel to John20:33, which reads;
"If you forgive anyone's sins, their sins are forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven."

Whatever sins the faithful chosen forgive "on earth"; they stand forgiven in heaven, or, forgiven by Christ and the Father. Whatever sins the faithful chosen do not forgive, do not stand forgiven by Christ and the Father.
These facts emphasize the seriousness of how others treat Christ's faithful brothers (Matt.25:40,46).

From the foregoing scriptures, you may understand that it is not obligatory for all sins to be forgiven by the faithful chosen. Yet it is required of the faithful, to be loving toward all (Mark12:31; Rom.13:8,9; James2:8-13; 1John3:17-19; 4:7,8,21).
In these previous scriptures though, you will see that this obligatory love, is toward those who remain "brothers" in Christ and in Faith (Luke8:21; Matt.18:17).

But Jesus also said, "You must love your enemies" also (Matt.5:44).

You seem to believe that loving, and forgiving, are the same thing.
This is not so.

God loves all (1John4:8; John3:16), and wishes all to attain to life (2Pet.3:9; 1Tim.2:3,4).
Does this mean that all are forgiven by God?
No . (Mark3:28,29).

Neither are the faithful chosen, obligated to forgive everyone.
Yet they must love them as directed by Christ, and continue to act as God does,
providing and offering life, so that while yet sinners, they might turn to God and be reconciled to Him, and then receive forgiveness (Acts26:18; 2:38; 20:21; Luke24:47; 2Cor.5:18; Rom.5:11; Matt.5:44-48).

Right and wrong, just and unjust, forgiveness and unforgiveness...
these are not the same as love and hatred.

If someone is unloving to us and they will not forgive us,
even after we have done all we could to make peace with them,
then we should earnestly hope that we do not remain guilty before our God.
Each of us must be concerned with our standing with God;
whether we are the ones who are in a position to forgive,
or the ones who are in need of merciful forgiveness.
(Matt.5:23,24; 2Cor.5:10; Rom.14:10)

Our standing with God depends upon whether or not we are hypocrites.
If we return to the context of our original scripture, we can see this....
Matt.18:23-35 reads:

"23 Therefore the kingdom of heaven is like a certain king who wanted to settle accounts with his servants. 24 And when he had begun to settle accounts, one was brought to him who owed him ten thousand talents. 25 But as he was not able to pay, his master commanded that he be sold, with his wife and children and all that he had, and that payment be made. 26 The servant therefore fell down before him, saying, ‘Master, have patience with me, and I will pay you all.’ 27 Then the master of that servant was moved with compassion, released him, and forgave him the debt.
28 “But that servant went out and found one of his fellow servants who owed him a hundred denarii; and he laid hands on him and took him by the throat, saying, ‘Pay me what you owe!’ 29 So his fellow servant fell down at his feet and begged him, saying, ‘Have patience with me, and I will pay you all.’ 30 And he would not, but went and threw him into prison till he should pay the debt. 31 So when his fellow servants saw what had been done, they were very grieved, and came and told their master all that had been done. 32 Then his master, after he had called him, said to him, ‘You wicked servant! I forgave you all that debt because you begged me. 33 Should you not also have had compassion on your fellow servant, just as I had pity on you?’ 34 And his master was angry, and delivered him to the torturers until he should pay all that was due to him.
35 “So My heavenly Father also will do to you if each of you, from his heart, does not forgive his brother his trespasses.”

Note once again, that this involves one faithful Chosen one,
dealing with "his brother", which would be, another faithful Christian (Luke8:21).
Among these should be love and forgiveness (Eph.4:32; Matt.5:22).

The "body of Christ", made up of Christ's chosen brothers. Each of them is to care for each of it's members in love and unity. (1Cor.12:12,25,26,27; Eph.4:12; 2Cor.5:10; Rom.12:5; Col.1:24)

The scriptures and the justice of God, determines which sins should be forgiven, and which debts stand unforgiven.
Our concern should be that we are in harmony with the standards of both, when determining what we ourselves forgive and do not forgive (Matt.6:12; 12:7; 7:12).

Since we are all guilty of sin, the course of wisdom is to simply be forgiving from the heart as a general rule (Rom.3:23; 1John1:8; Matt.6:13,14; Col.3:13).

Jesus once said, "Forgive them Father, for, they don't realize what they are doing." (Luke23:34).
He did not say this about all those who were guilty for his death (Luke22:22; Matt.20:18; John9:40,41), but only concerning those who were ignorant (Luke12:48,47).

I hope these scriptures provide the insight you were seeking.
If they are not enough, please reply.

Love in Christ,
Pearl

Jehovah`s Witness

pearl doxsey