Jehovah`s Witness/asociations

Question
Hello Carol, My name is Carol too! I was reading some of your responses to Jim and notice you point him to jw.org often. I asked a question of another witness on this site who did the same. I am seeing a pattern of late. I am wondering if this is a "condition" from the WS for members being permitted to participate on websites? I never saw this in the past. I also notice a lot of "avoidance" of direct answers. Jim asked about your thought on the WS speaking on behalf of Jehovah.(something to that effect) I didn't see the "yes" or "no" answer. I appreciate direct answers from whom I asked a question, not a referral. Thank you.

Answer
Carol,
I apologize for the lateness of my response. I hadn't been online to check any messages. I will answer you tonight as I am at work at present. Thank you in advance for understanding.

No we do not receive instruction directly from Jehovah. Today, Jehovah’s Witnesses acknowledge Jesus’ direction. The organization is theocratic, or God-ruled. Jehovah provides direction for his people through Jesus, the one He appointed to be the invisible Head of the congregation, and by means of His own inspired Word, the Bible.—1 Timothy 3:14, 15; Ephesians 1:22, 23; 2 Timothy 3:16, 17. Such direction was very evident at Pentecost. (Acts 2:14-18, 32, 33) It was manifest when Jehovah’s angel directed the spreading of the good news into Africa, when Jesus’ voice gave directions at the conversion of Saul of Tarsus, and when Peter began the preaching work among the Gentiles. (Acts 8:26, 27; 9:3-7; 10:9-16, 19-22) But, in time, no more voices were heard from heaven, no more angels were seen, no more miraculous gifts of the spirit were bestowed. Yet, Jesus had promised: “Look! I am with you all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.” (Matthew 28:20; 1 Corinthians 13:8)

As far as directing people to the website, yes, we are being "encouraged" to direct ones there. This was at one time only privy to the Witnesses library. Now, globally, anyone can access these wonderful magazines/library, all the literature at their fingertips. Jehovah's Witnesses are noted for keeping up with the times, in the forefront of technology and this is the way the world is going. More and more are using their tablets/smart phones to download books and articles. The response to us going door to door now with tablets in hand has opened a new door! It is especially getting the younger ones interested since this is their venue. We do still have the magazines in print, but that is diminishing. We are being encouraged to use the technology at hand. It has lowered the cost of printing the material and increased our ability to share our literature in over 400 languages at the press of a button. This does not replace our personally studying with individuals but affords them the opportunity to have at their disposal all the information they need to do personal study, which we are all encouraged to do.

Jehovah`s Witness

Carol Massey