Jehovah`s Witness/Birds of Revelation

Clarification on whether this verse is literal or symbolic for my brothers and sisters and any interested parties is coming below

All birds are carrion eaters in one form or another whether dead insects or something bigger.

In Ornothology the suggestion is the birds make do with what they can get and what suits their nature. Like for example vultures have to travel great distances to get to large carcasses they are suited for this because of their wingspan and their capability to travel great distances, they are also a big bird so eating insect carcass does them entirely no good .  Whereas a sparrow on the other hand has no chance to travel great distances so eats the insects carcass and is a small bird so doing that suits it and so on and so on.

So when we have the Earth strewn with dead bodies carcass after carcass and enough to give the birds their natural food of course the birds are going to feast on the flesh no one's going to stop them.

Where the symbolic part comes in is this, the Bible is painting the picture that Jehovah holds those executed in such disdain that he allows the birds to feast on them after their execution.

Let's not forget scripturally burials and disposals of dead bodies was highly important those held in disdain where left to the birds and the beasts.

Jezebel for example

2 Kings 9:10 And Jez′e·bel the dogs will eat up in the tract of land at Jez′re·el, and there will be no one burying her"

How about Goliath's threat to David

1 Sam 17: 44" The Phi·lis′tine said to David: “Just come to me, and I will give your flesh to the birds of the heavens and to the beasts of the field"

So is an angel going to literally stand in the sun inviting the birds. NO

Are the birds going to literally feast on the flesh. YES of course.

The account symbolizes a commanding Angel getting ready to execute the enemies of Jehovah and leave them to the birds to feast upon showing Jehovah holds them all in disdain.

Here's what the Governing Body have to say the Faithful and Discreet slave those who are specifically appointed to take the lead in proclaiming Bible understanding and truths

Mans salvation 266 par 54 says

"Jehovah’s disdain and contempt for those crushed by his heavenly armies in the “winepress of the anger of the wrath of God the Almighty” are shown by letting the carcasses of the slain enemies lie unburied as carrion food for birds and beasts."

So there you have it. This is the OFFICIAL understanding of the birds in Revelation.

Take Care  

Jehovah`s Witness

Bro DW

I have many years of experience serving Jehovah . I have known Jehovah a long time and I have known his organization . I have been privileged to see great progress not only in my own personal relationship with my God and Father but within his organization. I am an avid reader of the bible and have been gifted by my Father with the indescribable privilege of being allowed to understand his own word.

The truth is all about scripture and logic. The two go hand in hand . There is not one bible verse that cannot be understood within the realms of human reasoning. Not one!! Why would it?? The bible is God's message to his creation . His creation who he made to understand things in a specific way. God is not stupid or unwise as to leave as a message then allow us to guess what it means or who he is. 1 Tim 2:3This is fine and acceptable in the sight of our Savior, God, 4whose will is that all sorts of people should be saved and come to an accurate knowledge of truth" Notice the expression "accurate knowledge".

The bible leaves signs of true christianity there are many. Jehovah's witnesses meet every single sign. One sign is the removal of false teachings that permeated the world soon after the apostles died. Jesus foretold this and he also foretold of the restoration of pure worship in the period known as the last days. The days we are currently living in. Jesus was a master of using illustrations he used an illustration to highlight this point Matt 13: "The Kingdom of the heavens may be likened to a man who sowed fine seed in his field. 25While men were sleeping, his enemy came and oversowed weeds in among the wheat and left. 26When the stalk sprouted and produced fruit, then the weeds also appeared. 27So the slaves of the master of the house came and said to him, ‘Master, did you not sow fine seed in your field? How, then, does it have weeds?’ 28He said to them, ‘An enemy, a man, did this.’ The slaves said to him, ‘Do you want us, then, to go out and collect them?’ 29He said, ‘No, for fear that while collecting the weeds, you uproot the wheat with them. 30Let both grow together until the harvest, and in the harvest season, I will tell the reapers: First collect the weeds and bind them in bundles to burn them up; then gather the wheat into my storehouse" Why did he speak in illustrations? Matt 13:10So the disciples came and said to him: “Why do you speak to them by the use of illustrations?” 11In reply he said: “To you it is granted to understand the sacred secrets of the Kingdom of the heavens, but to them it is not granted" The kingdom of the heavens is full of sacred secrets that Jesus reveals only to his followers. This privilege is open to all who are really willing to submit to God and his Christ in action not just in words. These are the ones God is looking for. Are you really one?? If so I encourage you to let Jehovah's witnesses show you what the Bible really teaches.

False religion is disgusting to God and to his true worshippers it is likened in the Bible to a harlot Rev 17:"I will show you the judgment upon the great harlot who sits on many waters, 2with whom the kings of the earth committed fornication, whereas those who inhabit the earth were made drunk with the wine of her fornication" Whereas the bride of Christ is likened to a virgin Rev 14: 4"These are the ones who did not defile themselves with women; in fact, they are virgins" These are both used as spiritual terms here and show the importance of pure and clean worship for God's people.