Again, thank you for you politeness. Youre not acting as a cop, a judge or a fanatic priest.

I want to know what you think about resurrection. If you believe christians go to Heaven after death and stay there with Jesus till His return on Earth, does this mean that you accept resurrection in a perfect body happens immediately after death?

Good evening.

Hey again,

What I am about to tell you is something that I believe from my own studies on it.  In no way do I claim to know it all on this subject, and there is even a chance that other Christians will disagree with me.  I wouldn't even mind if Derrick chimed in on his thoughts on the matter.

Do I believe that Christians go to Heaven after death and stay there with Jesus until His return on the earth?  

Yes, sort of.  I believe that the souls of those who have accepted Christ are with Christ.  I believe this due to the same verses Derrick pointed out regarding Paul's words.  However, some people debate whether or not this is the resurrection into a perfect body.  Look at Revelation 20, and I will explain why some people have differing opinions on that.

v.4 - John saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for the testimony of Jesus, and THEN they came to life and reigned with Christ.  

v.5 - states that what just happened was the first resurrection.  It also says that the rest of the dead don't come back to life until the 1000 years are ended.  That would be the second resurrection in v.12

v.12-13 - All of the dead from all places and times are then given life (from v.5) and judged.  Those in the book of life continue into Revelation 21.  Those not in the book of life are thrown into the lake of fire. (v.15)

So, some people believe that the righteous receive a perfect body right away, and (because of Rev. 20) some people believe that the resurrections are when this occurs.  This is obviously not the same type of resurrection that Lazarus had.

I believe that Lazarus was in Sheol/Hades when he died.  I also believe the same thing about the thief on the cross.  A major bone of contention between Christendom and JW's is the application of the parable of Luke 16 on whether or not it was an accurate description of Sheol/Hades.  Used in conjunction with Ecclesiastes 9:5 and other verses, it appears it's not.  Used in conjunction with 1 Peter 3:18-19 and other verses it appears it is.  It's quite the interesting discussion.  

Try reading this link to see where our side comes from biblically.

I am sure that I just brought on more confusion than answers, but that link really does explain certain things pretty well.  Thanks again.

Jehovah`s Witness

I am not a Jehovah's Witness, however I can answer many questions concerning the ideas and doctrines on which they disagree with mainstream Christianity. I have spent a great deal of time in ministry with current and ex-Jehovah's Witnesses, as well as those who have started to become disillusioned with the Watchtower Organization.

Jehovah's Witnesses are generally wonderful and moral people who are zealous for God. However, in their zeal, they have pledged allegiance to what they believe is God's spirit-directed organization. This allegiance blinds them from allowing God's word alone to work in them. My hope is to share the love of Jesus Christ with all who seek salvation, no matter their label or denomination. My experiences come from the relationship that I have with Him as the source of my daily strength. These experiences create an undeniable testimony of salvation by grace through faith in the cleansing blood of the Lamb of God. Through prayer and meditation on God's holy word alone, we find truth as revealed to us through the Holy Spirit.

As the word "organization" is misleading in this particular area, I want to be clear that, as a member of the body of Christ, the label or denomination of the church I attend is not the source of my salvation. I do not go to or through any organization for official knowledge or guidance. I go to God's word alone.

I have a Bachelor and Master's Degree with extensive educational experience.