Jehovah`s Witness/yes or no

I asked Sister Pam this question directly, and she refused to answer. You seem straight forward , so I will ask you. Are Jehovah Witnesses "encouraged" not to associate with people who are not witnesses? Thanks for your time.

Sorry for the great delay.

The answer is Yes and No

Jesus associated with tax collectors and sinners he had his reasons, Jesus was also a very practical man of course, this is what he said

John 17: 15 I do not request that you take them out of the world........

If you are in the world you simply have to associate with non-witnesses there is no choice. We have to work for example.

However in the same verse our Lord also said this

..........."but that you watch over them because of the wicked one"

The wicked one uses association for wicked purposes that is what he is wicked.

He used the association between Adam and Eve to cause Adam to sin.

He did it here

Genesis 34 Now Di′nah the daughter of Le′ah, whom she had borne to Jacob, used to go out to see the daughters of the land. 2 And She′chem the son of Ha′mor the Hi′vite, a chieftain of the land, got to see her and then took her and lay down with her and violated her.

This association caused major bloodshed.

He did it here

Numbers 25: "When Israel was dwelling in Shit′tim, the people started to commit sexual immorality with the daughters of Mo′ab. 2 The women invited the people to the sacrifices of their gods, and the people began to eat and to bow down to their gods. 3 So Israel joined in worship of the Ba′al of Pe′or, and Jehovah became enraged with Israel"

This also caused major bloodshed just as the worshippers of Jehovah were right on the very edge of the promised land.(See the parallel??)

This is why Jehovah said this to the Israelites

Exodus 34:12" Be careful that you do not make a covenant with the inhabitants of the land to which you are going, or it may prove to be a snare among you"

So the Bible gives practical and reasonable advice on association and we as Jehovah's witnesses do our best to follow that advice.

Take Care  

Jehovah`s Witness

Bro DW

I have many years of experience serving Jehovah . I have known Jehovah a long time and I have known his organization . I have been privileged to see great progress not only in my own personal relationship with my God and Father but within his organization. I am an avid reader of the bible and have been gifted by my Father with the indescribable privilege of being allowed to understand his own word.

The truth is all about scripture and logic. The two go hand in hand . There is not one bible verse that cannot be understood within the realms of human reasoning. Not one!! Why would it?? The bible is God's message to his creation . His creation who he made to understand things in a specific way. God is not stupid or unwise as to leave as a message then allow us to guess what it means or who he is. 1 Tim 2:3This is fine and acceptable in the sight of our Savior, God, 4whose will is that all sorts of people should be saved and come to an accurate knowledge of truth" Notice the expression "accurate knowledge".

The bible leaves signs of true christianity there are many. Jehovah's witnesses meet every single sign. One sign is the removal of false teachings that permeated the world soon after the apostles died. Jesus foretold this and he also foretold of the restoration of pure worship in the period known as the last days. The days we are currently living in. Jesus was a master of using illustrations he used an illustration to highlight this point Matt 13: "The Kingdom of the heavens may be likened to a man who sowed fine seed in his field. 25While men were sleeping, his enemy came and oversowed weeds in among the wheat and left. 26When the stalk sprouted and produced fruit, then the weeds also appeared. 27So the slaves of the master of the house came and said to him, ‘Master, did you not sow fine seed in your field? How, then, does it have weeds?’ 28He said to them, ‘An enemy, a man, did this.’ The slaves said to him, ‘Do you want us, then, to go out and collect them?’ 29He said, ‘No, for fear that while collecting the weeds, you uproot the wheat with them. 30Let both grow together until the harvest, and in the harvest season, I will tell the reapers: First collect the weeds and bind them in bundles to burn them up; then gather the wheat into my storehouse" Why did he speak in illustrations? Matt 13:10So the disciples came and said to him: “Why do you speak to them by the use of illustrations?” 11In reply he said: “To you it is granted to understand the sacred secrets of the Kingdom of the heavens, but to them it is not granted" The kingdom of the heavens is full of sacred secrets that Jesus reveals only to his followers. This privilege is open to all who are really willing to submit to God and his Christ in action not just in words. These are the ones God is looking for. Are you really one?? If so I encourage you to let Jehovah's witnesses show you what the Bible really teaches.

False religion is disgusting to God and to his true worshippers it is likened in the Bible to a harlot Rev 17:"I will show you the judgment upon the great harlot who sits on many waters, 2with whom the kings of the earth committed fornication, whereas those who inhabit the earth were made drunk with the wine of her fornication" Whereas the bride of Christ is likened to a virgin Rev 14: 4"These are the ones who did not defile themselves with women; in fact, they are virgins" These are both used as spiritual terms here and show the importance of pure and clean worship for God's people.