Jehovah`s Witness/The death of our Lord

Sister T,
Do you accept questions from non-Jehovah's Witnesses? I hope you do as my sunday school class has a project. The project is to show from the Bible; "Who Killed Jesus?" Can you help me, please?
 Thank you for being on this forum. Yours, along with several other "experts" are always welcome to read. You seem like you have so much knowledge. I am sure Our Lord is please with you.

Have a blessed day,

Hello and thank you for writing Flanders,

Yes, I accept questions from non-Jehovah's Witnesses, as that's our reason for being on the forum, to answer questions about our beliefs from the Bible for ones who are not JW's.  

Thank you for your kind words.....Everything that I know is from Jehovah, He gets all the glory...none for me....I'm just His servant, a Bible student.  

Your question is very interesting, as there are many facets to it.   

As we know one reason Jesus died was to save us from the inherited sin and death that was passed on to us by Adam and Eve, but God did not kill Jesus, he allowed him to die for us.  

John 3:16 (GNV) "For God so loveth the world, that he hath given his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him, should not perish, but have everlasting life."

Romans 5:12 (NIV) "Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all people, because all sinned—"

The Scriptures help us to see that certain Jews had Jesus killed.  The Jews, as God's then chosen people, were given Laws or commandments from God to follow, (Exodus 19:5,6) but as time went on, these religious leaders were getting farther and farther away from their God given Laws of the Bible (Matthew 15:6-9), they rejected Jesus, so they were rejected as a whole by God (Matthew Chapter 23).

During the time that Jesus was on earth, they were so into their own ways that they refused to accept Jesus as the Messiah, and as they saw other Jews putting faith in Jesus and his teachings, they looked for ways to do away with him so they could have the praise of people.  

John 11:45-48, 53 (NIV) " Therefore many of the Jews who had come to visit Mary, and had seen what Jesus did, believed in him. 46 But some of them went to the Pharisees and told them what Jesus had done. 47 Then the chief priests and the Pharisees called a meeting of the Sanhedrin.  “What are we accomplishing?” they asked. “Here is this man performing many signs. 48 If we let him go on like this, everyone will believe in him, and then the Romans will come and take away both our temple and our nation.  53 So from that day on they plotted to take his life."

John 12:42, 43  (NIV) "Yet at the same time many even among the leaders believed in him. But because of the Pharisees they would not openly acknowledge their faith for fear they would be put out of the synagogue; 43 for they loved human praise more than praise from God."

These religious leaders falsely accused Jesus and had him arrested.  When the Roman Governor Pilate wanted to free Jesus, as he found no wrong doing in him, the Jews kept saying they wanted Jesus to be killed.  As such, Jesus was ordered to be killed and was nailed to the stake by the Roman soldiers, where he died.

Mark 14:53, 55, 56  (NCV) "The people who arrested Jesus led him to the house of the high priest, where all the leading priests, the elders, and the teachers of the law were gathered.  55 The leading priests and the whole Jewish council tried to find something that Jesus had done wrong so they could kill him. But the council could find no proof of anything. 56 Many people came and told false things about him, but all said different things—none of them agreed."

Mark 14:61-64   (NCV) 61 ".......The high priest asked Jesus another question: “Are you the Christ, the Son of the blessed God?”
62 Jesus answered, “I am. And in the future you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of God, the Powerful One, and coming on clouds in the sky.”  63  When the high priest heard this, he tore his clothes and said, “We don’t need any more witnesses! 64 You all heard him say these things against God. What do you think?”  They all said that Jesus was guilty and should die."

John 18:29-31, 38-40  (NCV ) "So Pilate went outside to them and asked, “What charges do you bring against this man?”  30 They answered, “If he were not a criminal, we wouldn’t have brought him to you.”  31 Pilate said to them, “Take him yourselves and judge him by your own law.”  “But we are not allowed to put anyone to death,” the Jews answered."

38 Pilate said, “What is truth?” After he said this, he went out to the crowd again and said to them, “I find nothing against this man. 39 But it is your custom that I free one prisoner to you at Passover time. Do you want me to free the ‘king of the Jews’?”  40 They shouted back, “No, not him! Let Barabbas go free!” (Barabbas was a robber.)"

John 19:4, 6, 7, 12, 15, 16   (NCV) "4 Again Pilate came out and said to them, “Look, I am bringing Jesus out to you. I want you to know that I find nothing against him.”   

6 When the leading priests and the guards saw Jesus, they shouted, “Crucify him! Crucify him!”  But Pilate answered, “Crucify him yourselves, because I find nothing against him.”  7 The leaders answered, “We have a law that says he should die, because he said he is the Son of God.”

12 After this, Pilate tried to let Jesus go. But some in the crowd cried out, “Anyone who makes himself king is against Caesar. If you let this man go, you are no friend of Caesar.”

15 They shouted, “Take him away! Take him away! Crucify him!”  Pilate asked them, “Do you want me to crucify your king?”  The leading priests answered, “The only king we have is Caesar.”  16 So Pilate handed Jesus over to them to be crucified."

Also for similar accounts of this read:  Luke Chapter 23.

I hope this helps you out, please feel free to follow up if needed.

If you would like to learn more about Jehovah and his son Jesus you can have a free home Bible study at your convenience.  This doesn't mean you have to become a JW or that you are joining anything, but having accurate Bible knowledge is invaluable!  Just go to this link and fill out the form:

While you're there also watch the short video entitled: "Why Study the Bible"  Just click on the link below, it can also be viewed in a variety of languages!

Take Care,

Sister T

Jehovah`s Witness

Sister T

Please click here--> For your Free Home Bible Study

I can answer questions related to Jehovah's Witnesses and the Bible. I love learning the truth from the Bible and helping others to learn that truth as well. I don't know everything but will answer from the Bible, I like to use illustrations as well to help a person relate to what is being said. The Bible has the last say so over any person.

I am an active baptized Jehovah's Witness and Jehovah is Almighty God,(Ps. 83:18) and his Son Jesus Christ died so that everyone exercising faith in him may not be destroyed but have everlasting life. (John 3:16). I support my fellow Witnesses on this board who are real, and Jehovah's worldwide visible organization, including the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses. As God is not a God of disorder, and there could not be order if there were not ones to take the lead. Taking the lead and having a leader is not the same, our leader is Jesus Christ, and in order to have unity and order, there has to be arrangements in place. As the first century Christians had, there were men taking the lead, (Acts 6:1-6) as with Moses, (Exodus 18:21) and in our day, in following with Bible truths, we do the same. When people twist that around to us worshiping men, it is just a straight out lie! Why would the Scripture at 1 Tim. 3:1-10, 12, 13 give the criteria for men reaching out for an office of overseer if that was not meant to be? (Phil 1:1, Acts 20:17, 28, Eph. 4:11, 12, 2 Cor. 3:4-6). If we were not supposed to have men who take the lead, why was this scripture penned? James 5:14-15 "Is there anyone sick among YOU? Let him call the older men of the congregation to [him], and let them pray over him, greasing [him] with oil in the name of Jehovah. 15 And the prayer of faith will make the indisposed one well, and Jehovah will raise him up. Also, if he has committed sins, it will be forgiven him."

If you have legit questions and want to know the truth, please ask, but if you are here to spread your lies and twists of the scriptures or get your falsehoods out, you may get rejected! The truth is from the Bible, if what you say does not harmonize with the Bible then what you say is wrong! Context and other scriptures help determine scriptures that may stump us, let scripture interpret scripture. The Bible does not contradict itself, so if what you are being taught or if what you are teaching makes it seem like the Bible is contradictory, remember it's not the Bible it's the man-made teaching! Doctrines of men! Mark 7:6, 7 "He said to them: “Isaiah aptly prophesied about YOU hypocrites, as it is written, ‘This people honor me with [their] lips, but their hearts are far removed from me. 7 It is in vain that they keep worshiping me, because they teach as doctrines commands of men." (also Romans 10:2, 3)

Matthew 24:14 says "And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come." We are doing that today, we are living in times of Bible Prophecy and as a Jehovah's Witness, we have the privilege to be apart of a prophecy spoken by Jesus himself! The good news of the Kingdom. Ask yourself, what kingdom? then read Daniel 2:44! It's a real government. Take heed now! Listening to men over God will mean your life.(Prov 3:5,6, Ps. 146:3) A lie will never become truth, No matter how long or how many people say it or speak it. Learn what the Bible really teaches, seek out Jehovah's ways, serving God in truth is only acceptable to him,(John 4:23, 24) you can not be serving God acceptably if what you believe is a lie! Pray for understanding and ask Jehovah to search your heart and draw you! (John 6:44, 65) Now is the time to be with the people who are called by Jehovah's name! (Acts 15:14, 17, Isa. 43:7, 10, Zech 8:23)