Jehovah`s Witness/Gospel

Question
Sir

I read with interest your claim that the gospel was about the events in Matt 24. Here is a scripture I would like to share with you from your own NWT bible

Galatians 1:6 " I am amazed that you are so quickly turning away from the One who called you with Christ’s undeserved kindness to another sort of good news. 7 Not that there is another good news; but there are certain ones who are causing you trouble and wanting to distort the good news about the Christ. 8 However, even if we or an angel out of heaven were to declare to you as good news something beyond the good news we declared to you, let him be accursed. 9 As we have said before, I now say again, Whoever is declaring to you as good news something beyond what you accepted, let him be accursed"

The gospel is the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. You are accursed by your own gospel.

Good day to you sir

Answer
Hello and thanks for writing

You know before I get onto the reply properly let me just tell you a couple of things I don't really get.

Firstly you write to me telling me that we teach the wrong gospel based on a letter I wrote explaining how I personally recognize false teachers. But the problem is in the exact same letter. I actually showed why those who teach the trinity are false teachers. but the gospel you just presented to me is the trinitarian gospel.

So in other words your arguing for the gospel of false teachers, whether you believe in the trinity or not is irrelevant it is still their understanding of the gospel. Are you really expecting me to believe that false teachers have the right gospel?? You're entitled to believe that if you like but I'm not buying it.

Secondly your trying to argue that Galatians is teaching that the death and resurrection is the gospel and that's all there is too it. But where are you even getting that from?? This is what I see in Galatians, I'll just pick a few things out that I notice as I read.

7"there are certain ones who are causing you trouble and wanting to distort the good news about the Christ ........Whoever is declaring to you as good news something beyond what you accepted, let him be accursed"

So this tells me that there were people back in that time distorting the good news about the gospel or (according to even what you yourself have said) distorting the good news about the death and resurrection of the Christ.

So what could these things be??

Well they certainly couldn't be "That Jesus was ruling as King since 1914 " not only does that not make sense since this was years before 1914. But it's not distorting the death and resurrection of the Christ seeing as the Christ would have to have died and been resurrected in order to be King. So that teaching doesn't distort the gospel. Don't you agree??

On the other hand one thing it could be, is that the anointed one of God(Christ)didn't actually die at all, rather God himself(The great I AM) floated out of his body went to heaven, paradise and hellfire for three days , before taking back the same body he floated out of only this time without blood!! Now that certainly would be distorting the death and resurrection of the Christ!! Don't you agree??

What is also interesting is you write me this letter make this statement and yet in Revelation we see an angel from heaven say this.

Rev 14:

6" And I saw another angel flying in midheaven, and he had everlasting good news to declare as glad tidings to those who dwell on the earth, and to every nation and tribe and tongue and people, 7 saying in a loud voice: “FEAR God and give him glory, because the hour of the judgment by him has arrived"

Yet part of the scripture you quote say's this

vs 8" However, even if we or an angel out of heaven were to declare to you as good news something beyond the good news we declared to you, let him be accursed"

How about this one??

Rev 14:

8 And another, a second angel, followed, saying: “She has fallen! Babylon the Great has fallen, she who made all the nations drink of the wine of the anger of her fornication!

And this??

9 And another angel, a third, followed them, saying in a loud voice: “If anyone worships the wild beast and its image, and receives a mark on his forehead or upon his hand, 10 he will also drink of the wine of the anger of God that is poured out undiluted into the cup of his wrath

Do we have three accursed angels here??

No we do not. These angels are not distorting the death and resurrection of the Christ these angels believe in the death and resurrection of the Christ, they also actually know the significance of those TWO events as do Jehovah's witness

Rev 5:

8"You are worthy to take the scroll and open its seals, for you were slaughtered and with your blood you bought people for God out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation, 10 and you made them to be a KINGDOM and priests to our God, and they are to rule as kings over the earth"

That is why Jesus said this.

Matt 24:

14 "And THIS good news of the Kingdom will be preached"

You see that?? "THIS good news of the Kingdom will be preached"

The heavens themselves even testify to our Lords words here

Rev 12:

10 "Now have come to pass the salvation and the power and the Kingdom of our God and the authority of his Christ........ 12 On this account be glad, you heavens and you who reside in them"

Only those with their eyes on the things unseen are glad with those who dwell there. These are the one's, who don't distort the gospel but recognize it for what it is.

One final scripture

Heb 6 Therefore, now that we have moved beyond the primary doctrine about the Christ, let us press on to maturity.

So of course the death and resurrection of the Christ is good news it's essential we believe that news, but it's also essential we understand exactly what it has brought about and what that kingdom will accomplish.

I'm afraid that you as well as the rest of Christendom miss the entire point!!

So again my friend ,why are pangs of distress on the Earth good news??

May my God and Father open your eyes to the light of truth

Take Care

http://www.jw.org/en/  

Jehovah`s Witness

Bro DW