Jehovah`s Witness/Your JW Mixed Up PredictionS

Question
QUESTION: Your JW belief in 1914 Jesus coming. Did Jesus actually come then why is there not Paradise. When He comes Everything is changed. No more sorrow nor crying the former is pasted away!

Your JW belief in 1975 about your Armegedon. To be correct Armegeddon must come before Jesus Comes NOT AFTER.
But your Armegeddon has not come 1975 is long past. Your Prophecies just do not add up!!!

Jesus brings peace and all become new. Armegeddon brings Killings and Destruction. Armegeddon must come first!!!!

ANSWER: Hello Timothy.

Note I changed this question to Public because other people have similar questions and this discussion may benefit them as well.

It appears that someone has given you just enough information about our beliefs to cause confusion.

1914:

We do not believe that Jesus came back in 1914; we believe that he became present as King of God’s Kingdom in that year, and events since that time have confirmed that. The first thing Jesus did was to rid heaven of Satan, casting him to the earth which is why things are so much worse since 1914. Note Revelation 12:9—12 : “So down the great dragon was hurled, the original serpent, the one called Devil and Satan , who is misleading the entire inhabited earth; he was hurled down to the earth , and his angels were hurled down with him. I heard a loud voice in heaven say: “Now have come to pass the salvation and the power and the Kingdom of our God and the authority of his Christ, because the accuser of our brothers has been hurled down, who accuses them day and night before our God! And they conquered him because of the blood of the Lamb and because of the word of their witnessing, and they did not love their souls even in the face of death. On this account be glad, you heavens and you who reside in them! Woe for the earth and for the sea, because the Devil has come down to you, having great anger, knowing that he has a short period of time .”

Also that Jesus’ enemies would still be operational is indicated by the words of Psalm 110:1, 2 .

In Matthew 24:3 Jesus’ disciples asked him what the sign of his presence (Greek: pa•rou•si′as) would be, and of the conclusion of this system of things. His response shows us that Paradise was not to be established when his presence began, but instead there were many events that had to take place before that, including the world wide preaching work which he said must be done first, “and then the end will come.” — Matthew 24:14

1975:

Prior to 1975, in the book Life Everlasting in the Freedom of the Sons of God , it was pointed out that 1975 would be the end of 6,000 years of man’s existence on this earthy, which in fact it was. It was mentioned that this would be an appropriate time for Jehovah to bring an end to this system. Quite a few people viewed this more of a probability than simply a possibility, including those in more responsible positions. They later admitted this an apologized for confusion it caused.

Jehovah had prophesied years in advance that some would have premature expectations about when the end would come, and he indicated that even if it seemed to be late (by our expectations) don’t worry about it; it would happen right on time. (Habakkuk 2:3 )

I note that you use the words “your predictions” and “your prophecies” in your question. Just to clarify, Jehovah’s Witnesses do not make prophecies or predictions, nor have we done so since the last was written down in the Bible. Every one of them has come true, is coming true, or will yet come true.

What we have done is try to explaining the meaning and timing of these, and we do not always get it right, and have never made any such claims; it has always been stated that this is what we believe about the prophecy under consideration, and here are a couple of quotes from Brother Russell showing his view on this:

"The Ten Virgins," Zion's Watch Tower and Herald of Christ's Presence , October 1879: "We do not object to changing our opinions on any subject, or discarding former applications of prophecy, or any other scripture, when we see a good reason for the change,-in fact, it is important that we should be willing to unlearn errors and mere traditions, as to learn truth. . . It is our duty to "prove all things."-by the unerring Word,-"and hold fast to that which is good."

"Views From the Watch Tower," Zion's Watch Tower and Herald of Christ's Presence , 1 January 1908. "We are not prophesying; we are merely giving our surmises, the Scriptural basis for which is already in the hands of our readers in the six volumes of SCRIPTURE STUDIES. We do not even aver that there is no mistake in our interpretation of prophesy and our calculations of chronology. We have merely laid these before you, leaving it for each to exercise his own faith or doubt in respect to them."

The information contained in the following issues of the Watchtower is quite beneficial in regard to your question:
January 15, 2014, pages 12—16 & 27—31 and February 15, 2014 pages 3—12.

You can find those here:
2014 Watchtower

For other information you can browse our website: JW.org

QUESTION: That is not totally true young man. I have studied your religion for many years. You have not fooled me at all. The watchtower is just a man made group. It started from The Millerites or Adventists proclaiming Jesus would come in 1844. No you have not fooled me with 1914. It is just like 1844 was a failed prophecy.

Answer
I joined this forum to answer sincere questions about Jehovah’s Witnesses, not to enter into debates. I see a lot of that here and I want no part of it.

I agree with you that the Watchtower is a “man-made group.” It is one of the legal entities made by Jehovah’s Witnesses to carry our preaching and teaching work assigned to us by Jesus, as recorded in Matthew 24:14 and 28:19, 20 . The Watchtower Society is also used by the Faithful & Discreet Slave to provide fine spiritual food at the proper time for Christians, as mentioned in Matthew 24:45—47 .

It also did not start from the Millerites or Adventists; it started from the efforts of the Bible Students to learn more accurately Jehovah’s will, to do his will, and help others to do the same.

I have attempted to fool no one by presenting the facts about 1914. As I stated in my previous response, events since 1914 have proved that the Kingdom was established in heaven at that time, thus bringing an end to the “appointed times of the nations” or as the KJV says, the “Gentile times.” (Ezekiel 21:25—27; Luke 21:24 )

As a side note I will also point out that in reviewing your question it appears you have confused Jehovah’s Witnesses with one of the legal entities we use, the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society. Jehovah’s Witnesses did not spring from any other religion. Some of those others got Brother Russell started in the right direction, but he and his study group soon realized that if they were to find the truth in Scripture, they must discard completely church doctrine and start from scratch, and that is what they did. They would pick a topic, and using the Bible, Lexicons, Concordances, etc., they would find every verse they could on that topic and see what the entire Bible had to say about it. When they had discovered which position fit ALL the Scriptures on that subject, they presented this as the Truth of Scripture. The churches appeared to (and still do) to pick verses that support their doctrine, and ignore the rest. We on the other hand see what the Scriptures say, and we build our teachings and practices on that, and thus we have restored first century Christianity.

Jehovah`s Witness

Abdijah