Jehovah`s Witness/How do you know?

Question
Hey DW

Hope you are well.

I've had a Bible study on and off for a few years now. Then I get distracted and lose my faith I would say. There's just so many unanswered questions in my mind that I can't grasp and I suppose it stumbles me. So I want to know how you know it's the truth? Can you really ever know?

Thank You

Answer
Hi mate

I'm very well thank you.

Good question!

Here's a couple of points to consider.

Firstly let's think about Moses. Jehovah was with him right? Jehovah spoke to him through an angel numerous times. Moses was in no doubt what he had to do and he did it. However read Exodus 18. Just read it.

Now with regard this subject what this chapter tells me is this.

Moses didn't have the answers to  everything nor did he need them. Moses could have complained "I've been doing all this hard work for no reason" "Why didn't Jehovah tell me this was the best way to do it" "All this unnecessary work and yet it takes my father in law to tell me how to do it in a better way, why didn't Jehovah tell me this"

Yet Moses didn't complain. Why?? Well for one reason he didn't need the answer to every single question he just needed to recognize, recognize that Jehovah was with him and with Israel. He recognized and continued to walk faithfully with Jehovah there was no suggestion of this stumbling him whatsoever.

Something for all of us to think about.

So how do we recognize?? I actually find it easy and I know for a fact I'm not alone. The basics are so simple.

This is my favourite scripture on this subject

1 John 4 Beloved ones, do not believe every inspired statement, but test the inspired statements to see whether they originate with God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world"

This scripture tells me this.

There's false teachers and true teachers and the scriptures tell us how to recognize the difference.

So "Mrs Kath O'lick" comes up to me and say's "I'm a true teacher, Jesus is eternal and Almighty God"

So at that point I open up my Bible and read Col 1: 15 which say's this

" He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation"

At this point I say No he isn't he's the image of God, not God. He's born and he's "OF" Creation.

Now "Mrs Kath O'lick" can argue until she's blue in the face that Jesus is eternal but there is no way on this Earth that she will ever convince me that being the image of God born and "OF" creation means Jesus is eternal!! He can believe it all he wants I never will. So I've eliminated this "inspired statement" and eliminated this false teacher. Therefore you've now eliminated about 95% of religions just using this one scripture.

You're beginning to recognize.

Now your left with 5% of religions let's carry on recognizing.

Matt 24:

7 “For nation will rise against nation and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be food shortages and earthquakes in one place after another. 8 All these things are a beginning of pangs of distress.9 “Then people will hand you over to tribulation and will kill you, and you will be hated by all the nations on account of my name. 10 Then, too, many will be stumbled and will betray one another and will hate one another. 11 Many false prophets will arise and mislead many; 12 and because of the increasing of lawlessness, the love of the greater number will grow cold. 13 But the one who has endured to the end will be saved.

Key verse coming up

14 And THIS good news of the Kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come"

Now go and ask any religious denomination why earthquakes, food shortages, false prophets rising, increasing lawlessness etc etc etc is good news. See how many know!!

See how many religions you're left with.

You just got to recognize the easiest way to recognize (for me at least) is process of elimination. I've just used two scriptures to recognize what is true and what is false and those scriptures are just scratching the surface there's hundreds of different ways

Recognizing is so ridiculously easy it's whether you truly want to recognize that is the issue.

Recognize and you will find the truth!!

I truly hope you continue growing in knowledge of our incredible creator

Follow up if you need

Take Care

http://www.jw.org/en/  

Jehovah`s Witness

Bro DW