Jehovah`s Witness/The problem with Christendom

After reading Richards letter about Luke 16 I have decided to respond comments below.....

The main thing I noticed is what I've been advocating since my time here and that really is that one really major difference between Jehovah's Witnesses and Christendom is that we read the Bible as we were created to understand it and Christendom don't! The Bible is a gift from God it's foolishness to believe that it's a book where we have to pick and choose where to understand it logically and where not too.

So my comments are to the readers who are able to think logically about the scriptures. The reason being is how can you use logical reasoning with people who deny logic? If they deny logic then explaining something logically will always be met with "logic is irrelevant" (or similar)

So firstly let's look at whether logic is involved in explaining the scriptures. These next three scriptures leave us in no doubt.

Acts 9:

22" But Saul kept on acquiring more and more power and was confounding the Jews who lived in Damascus, as he PROVED LOGICALLY that this is the Christ"

Acts 19:

8" Entering the synagogue, for three months he spoke with boldness, giving talks and REASONING persuasively about the Kingdom of God.

Acts 28:

3"And from morning to evening, HE EXPLAINED the matter to them by bearing THOROUGH witness concerning the Kingdom of God, to persuade them about Jesus from both the Law of Moses and the Prophets"

There's no doubt Paul used LOGIC,REASONING and he THOROUGHLY EXPLAINED using the scriptures. But he faced the same problem that Jehovah's witnesses face today.Let's go back to Acts 19 :

9 But when some stubbornly refused to believe"

And lets go back to Acts 28:

24 "Some began to believe the things he said; others would not believe"

So clearly some will believe and some won't.

Never has Jehovah said anything to man that he couldn't understand within the realms of human understanding, it's just never happened.

Here's some examples

Gen 2:

16 "Jehovah God also gave this command to the man: “From every tree of the garden you may eat to satisfaction. 17 But as for the tree of the knowledge of good and bad, you must not eat from it, for in the day you eat from it you will certainly die"

Genesis 6:

13 "After that God said to Noah: “I have decided to put an end to all flesh, because the earth is full of violence on account of them, so I am bringing them to ruin together with the earth. 14 Make for yourself an ark from resinous wood. You will make compartments in the ark and cover it with tar inside and outside. 15 This is how you will make it: The ark should be 300 cubits long, 50 cubits wide, and 30 cubits high. 16 You will make a window for light for the ark, one cubit from the top. You should put the entrance of the ark in its side and make it with a lower deck, a second deck, and a third deck"

This resulted in Noah doing this

22" And Noah did according to all that God had commanded him. He did just so"

He did exactly as Jehovah commanded him what's hard to understand about what Jehovah told him? There was no picking and choosing between what he was told as a human and ignoring the rest the rest. He didn't say "well Jehovah said 300 cubits longs but his ways are higher than mine so I'll just make up the dimensions" There was none of that.

Here's some more examples. When Jehovah sent the Messiah he gave the Jews knew logically how to recognize him they were given scriptures like this.

Micah 5:

2 "And you, O Beth′le·hem Eph′ra·thah,
The one too little to be among the thousands of Judah,
From you will come out for me the one to be ruler in Israel,
Whose origin is from ancient times, from the days of long ago"

So they knew he came from Bethlehem. They had this

Dan 9:

25 "You should know and understand that from the issuing of the word to restore and to rebuild Jerusalem until Mes·si′ah the Leader, there will be 7 weeks, also 62 weeks"

So they knew when he would be arriving and they had a load more that left them in no doubt.

So as I just said Jehovah has never told anybody anything that they couldn't understand from a human standpoint. Even if he has used symbolic and prophetic language, it can always be worked out by thinking about it logically. Again let's look at a scripture regarding the messiah. as an example.

PS 2:

2" The kings of the earth take their stand
And high officials gather together as one
Against Jehovah and against his anointed one"

Prophetic language showing that the Roman authorities(Kings of the Earth) and Jews(High officials) would become enemies of Jehovah and his anointed one(Christ)

We can always work it out logically.

So with regard this subject the problem with Christendom is this. They totally ignore or deny the precedent the bible has set. There is not one scripture they can show that tells them they can pick and choose logically and even when they attempt it they end up having to attempt to explain certain things away. As an example they will try to use this to explain that logic is not involved in scriptural interpretation

Isaiah 55:

9 “For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So my ways are higher than your ways"

Now this is a nice easy scripture it means what it say's. However why do Christendom pick this scripture based on logic and try to use logic to explain it, yet ignore human understanding in other areas surrounding it.

So this is where they try to use logic "God's way's are higher than ours so based on that fact this scripture teaches us God is a torturer" Then when pushed on it this where they ignore logic "but he's not evil for torturing people we can't understand evil as god has defined evil in a different realm from us, people on earth who torture others are evil though and their mentality is further away from gods than the one's that look at people being tortured and are sickened by it!!

Firstly how does this even make sense God's actions are comparable to the main character in Saw2 but at the same time there not comparable because Isaiah 55:9 tells us logically that they're not.

Yes I know my sentence above doesn't make any sense but that's what Christendom are saying. Then to top it all off they'll come back and just say "no we're not but we can't explain it because logic doesn't explain it read Isa 55:9!!!"

You see it makes no sense there's just no consistency if you choose the scripture because you think it's the logical explanation then examine it by the same standards you chose it by. It makes no sense not too. You see what Christendom do is start from an assumption then try and fit their beliefs around that assumption. They refuse to let go of that assumption. So they will say "you can see from Luke 16 there's a hellfire" When you say to them "well how can a man in anguish have a reasonable conversation" they say "well we don't have to answer that logically". Yet they've just asked you to use logic to see the hellfire teaching.

We had example after example of this in Richards letter. When I mention how it would be impossible for a man in anguish to have a reasonable conversation Richard say's "Human logic trying to make the parable implausible" But you think that it's logically teaching hellfire. So examine it logically. Logic tells us if he's literally in anguish then he can't be literally having a reasonable conversation it must be symbolic anguish and and a symbolic conversation. If you pick the hellfire parable because you think it's the logical explanation then you have to examine it logically.

If you're not gonna examine the text logically then why not just pick the illogical interpretation in the first place?

Another question would have to be how do you know when to pick and choose which bit is logical and which isn't?

Do you see why the Bible calls it Babylon the Great. Babylon means confusion.

Gen 11:

9 "That is why it was named Ba′bel, because there Jehovah confused the language of all the earth, and Jehovah scattered them from there over the entire face of the earth"

It was there that enemies of Jehovah we're struck with confusion and scattered due to there sinful nature. Enemies of God today within the realms of Christendom and others are struck with confusion and scattered among the nations because of their sinful nature. Hence the reason you have so many "bible believers" disagreeing on bible teachings. Their confused. Babylon the great "the great confusion"

So the conclusion is Christendom are in a very obvious way a big example of what Jeremiah spoke about

Jer 10:

23 "I well know, O Jehovah, that man’s way does not belong to him.
It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step"

They make things up as they go along and us such end up in a state of confusion Jesus had this to say about them

Matt 15:

9 "It is in vain that they keep worshipping me, for they teach commands of men as doctrines"

Doctrines of men will always leave you changing the goalposts to suit your original assumption and as such leave a trial of confusion

Take Care

Bro DW

Jehovah`s Witness

Bro DW

I have many years of experience serving Jehovah . I have known Jehovah a long time and I have known his organization . I have been privileged to see great progress not only in my own personal relationship with my God and Father but within his organization. I am an avid reader of the bible and have been gifted by my Father with the indescribable privilege of being allowed to understand his own word.

The truth is all about scripture and logic. The two go hand in hand . There is not one bible verse that cannot be understood within the realms of human reasoning. Not one!! Why would it?? The bible is God's message to his creation . His creation who he made to understand things in a specific way. God is not stupid or unwise as to leave as a message then allow us to guess what it means or who he is. 1 Tim 2:3This is fine and acceptable in the sight of our Savior, God, 4whose will is that all sorts of people should be saved and come to an accurate knowledge of truth" Notice the expression "accurate knowledge".

The bible leaves signs of true christianity there are many. Jehovah's witnesses meet every single sign. One sign is the removal of false teachings that permeated the world soon after the apostles died. Jesus foretold this and he also foretold of the restoration of pure worship in the period known as the last days. The days we are currently living in. Jesus was a master of using illustrations he used an illustration to highlight this point Matt 13: "The Kingdom of the heavens may be likened to a man who sowed fine seed in his field. 25While men were sleeping, his enemy came and oversowed weeds in among the wheat and left. 26When the stalk sprouted and produced fruit, then the weeds also appeared. 27So the slaves of the master of the house came and said to him, ‘Master, did you not sow fine seed in your field? How, then, does it have weeds?’ 28He said to them, ‘An enemy, a man, did this.’ The slaves said to him, ‘Do you want us, then, to go out and collect them?’ 29He said, ‘No, for fear that while collecting the weeds, you uproot the wheat with them. 30Let both grow together until the harvest, and in the harvest season, I will tell the reapers: First collect the weeds and bind them in bundles to burn them up; then gather the wheat into my storehouse" Why did he speak in illustrations? Matt 13:10So the disciples came and said to him: “Why do you speak to them by the use of illustrations?” 11In reply he said: “To you it is granted to understand the sacred secrets of the Kingdom of the heavens, but to them it is not granted" The kingdom of the heavens is full of sacred secrets that Jesus reveals only to his followers. This privilege is open to all who are really willing to submit to God and his Christ in action not just in words. These are the ones God is looking for. Are you really one?? If so I encourage you to let Jehovah's witnesses show you what the Bible really teaches.

False religion is disgusting to God and to his true worshippers it is likened in the Bible to a harlot Rev 17:"I will show you the judgment upon the great harlot who sits on many waters, 2with whom the kings of the earth committed fornication, whereas those who inhabit the earth were made drunk with the wine of her fornication" Whereas the bride of Christ is likened to a virgin Rev 14: 4"These are the ones who did not defile themselves with women; in fact, they are virgins" These are both used as spiritual terms here and show the importance of pure and clean worship for God's people.