Jehovah`s Witness/Answer to Kebiv

Question
Hello Ms. T, I read Kevin's answer and your response as well. I completely agree with everything you said. The Bible can be hard to understand, and it helps to have someone explain it to you. Your analogy of the teacher/student was interesting. I paused, however, to think that the teacher is a true professional with a minimum of 4 years of training to be able to teach what is in the book. Some teachers have much more extensive training beyond the required 4 yrs as well. What expertise and/or training does the Watchtower have to do the same with the Bible? They must possess certain credentials to take on a task that requires so much accuracy. Surely, the organization would not rely on just anyone to interpret the Bible for so many. Thanks. I await your answer. Have a nice day.

Answer
Hello Barry and thank you for writing....

One thing that is most important to remember.  Jehovah is Almighty God, so from a human standpoint, it may seem impossible, but Jesus said all things are possible with God.  

Matthew 19:26 "Looking at them intently, Jesus said to them: “With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

You are looking at things from a fleshly standpoint, Jehovah gives wisdom and understanding and reveals his secrets and purposes to whom he chooses to. I'll let the Bible answer.  

Proverbs 2:5,6 "Then you will understand the fear of Jehovah,  And you will find the knowledge of God.  6 For Jehovah himself gives wisdom;  From his mouth come knowledge and discernment."

Proverbs 25:14 "Close friendship with Jehovah belongs to those who fear him,  And he makes his covenant known to them."

Amos 3:7 "For the Sovereign Lord Jehovah will not do a thing  Unless he has revealed his confidential matter to his servants the prophets."

1 Peter 1:20,21 "For you know this first, that no prophecy of Scripture springs from any private interpretation. 21 For prophecy was at no time brought by man’s will, but men spoke from God as they were moved by holy spirit."

Luke 11:9, 13 "So I say to you, keep on asking, and it will be given you; keep on seeking, and you will find; keep on knocking, and it will be opened to you.  13 Therefore, if you, although being wicked, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more so will the Father in heaven give holy spirit to those asking him!”

James 1:5-8 "So if any one of you is lacking in wisdom, let him keep asking God, for he gives generously to all and without reproaching, and it will be given him. 6 But let him keep asking in faith, not doubting at all, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven by the wind and blown about. 7 In fact, that man should not expect to receive anything from Jehovah; 8 he is an indecisive man, unsteady in all his ways."

Rev. 1:1 "A revelation by Jesus Christ, which God gave him, to show his slaves the things that must shortly take place. And he sent his angel and presented it in signs through him to his slave John,"

Again it's not human wisdom that gives true Bible understanding.  Yes you are right we do not rely on just anyone to interpret the Bible, we rely on Jehovah God and his son Jesus Christ.  I think they outweigh any credentials that mere humans seek to possess.

Luke 24:44, 45 "He then said to them: “These are my words that I spoke to you while I was yet with you, that all the things written about me in the Law of Moses and in the Prophets and Psalms must be fulfilled.” 45 Then he opened up their minds fully to grasp the meaning of the Scriptures, "

People in Jesus day felt the same as you do, they perceived that the Apostles Peter and John were uneducated and and ordinary.....but those are the very ones God gave wisdom and understanding to.  A person can go to Theology school for their entire life and study the Bible from cover to cover hundreds of times, but unless understanding and discernment is granted them by Jehovah, then they will not understand.   Jehovah considers the wisdom of this world as foolishness.  So that let's you know that credentials of this world by mere insignificant imperfect humans mean nothing when it comes to Jehovah the Almighty God because he gives all that is needed.  This will be hard to understand for someone who does not believe in the power of the true God Jehovah.  Please give Jehovah some credit...all Bible wisdom and knowledge is from him.

Acts 4:13 "Now when they saw the outspokenness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were uneducated and ordinary men, they were astonished......"

Matthew 11:25 "At that time Jesus said in response: “I publicly praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and intellectual ones and have revealed them to young children."

1 Corinthians 1:22-29 "For the Jews ask for signs and the Greeks look for wisdom; 23 but we preach Christ executed on the stake, to the Jews a cause for stumbling but to the nations foolishness. 24 However, to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ is the power of God and the wisdom of God. 25 Because a foolish thing of God is wiser than men, and a weak thing of God is stronger than men.  26 For you see his calling of you, brothers, that there are not many wise in a fleshly way, not many powerful, not many of noble birth, 27 but God chose the foolish things of the world to put the wise men to shame; and God chose the weak things of the world to put the strong things to shame; 28 and God chose the insignificant things of the world and the things looked down on, the things that are not, to bring to nothing the things that are, 29 so that no one might boast in the sight of God."

1 Corinthians 2:6-10  "Now we speak wisdom among those who are mature, but not the wisdom of this system of things nor that of the rulers of this system of things, who are to come to nothing. 7 But we speak God’s wisdom in a sacred secret, the hidden wisdom, which God foreordained before the systems of things for our glory. 8 It is this wisdom that none of the rulers of this system of things came to know, for if they had known it, they would not have executed the glorious Lord. 9 But just as it is written: “Eye has not seen and ear has not heard, nor have there been conceived in the heart of man the things that God has prepared for those who love him.” 10 For it is to us God has revealed them through his spirit, for the spirit searches into all things, even the deep things of God."

1 Corinthians 3:18-21 "Let no one deceive himself: If anyone among you thinks he is wise in this system of things, let him become a fool, so that he may become wise. 19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God, for it is written: “He catches the wise in their own cunning.” 20 And again: “Jehovah knows that the reasonings of the wise men are futile.” 21 So let no one boast in men; for all things belong to you, "

John 6:65 "He went on to say: “This is why I have said to you, no one can come to me unless it is granted him by the Father."

Daniel 11:33 "And those having insight among the people will impart understanding to the many...."

Daniel 12:10 "Many will cleanse themselves and whiten themselves and will be refined. And the wicked ones will act wickedly, and none of the wicked will understand; but those having insight will understand."

God is a much higher life-form than mere humans.  As seen from his lofty position, entire nations “are like a drop from a bucket, and as the film of dust on the scales they are regarded....” Isaiah 40:15

Good Day,

Sister T  

Jehovah`s Witness

Sister T