Jehovah`s Witness/Why I believe JWs are closer to the Truth

Question
Hello.

I believe JWs and Bible Students are closer to True Christianity because they really believe that the old world will die. Everything of it, every inch of civilization, every building, every church, every symbol of nationalism and false worship.

In New Jerusalem there will be no temple. The temple will be God.

I dont think evangelists are keen about the end of the world and the Coming of Jesus. They teach a reward in heaven immediately after death, they are fighthing for their nation at the same time we know Jesus will crash the nations that oppose Jesus' Kingdom.

We must understand that the New World will include nothing of the Old, Christians must completely be no part of this world. They will be considered enemies and traitors of their nations, but these are the true christians.

Old World dying. Do we believe in New Heavens and New Earth?

Answer
Hi Christaras,
Evangelical Christians believe in a new heaven and a new earth because those terms are very clearly in the Bible.  We believe that the current heaven and earth will pass away.  What you are describing is a difference in interpretation, and frankly your belief on which one is correct has absolutely no impact on whether or not you will ever see the new heaven and earth.  To say that one religion is closer to the truth than another based on a difference of opinion on matters like that is very short-sighted.  I believe that JWs have many redeeming values and some fabulous thoughts on certain matters.  However, to state that they are the truth when they will openly tell you that Christ is NOT your mediator is wrong.  Due to our inherited sin, we must have a mediator between us and God.  If Christ is not your mediator, then you have absolutely no other way.  All other doctrinal differences become negligible after that.  There is no "closer to the truth" if Christ is not your mediator.  There is no religion that will provide you a pathway to salvation, but any religion that does not dictate the need for Christ to be your mediator is leading people away from Christ.  So let's be clear.  Do not seek a religion.  Seek Christ.  

Jehovah`s Witness

Richard