Jehovah`s Witness/You are a class act

Hello Derrick,
 I think you are a class act. You take a lot of heat from the JW's. I think you handle yourself with an air of dignity and class.\
 You remember the JW on the forum Bro D. Drake. Well, I attended a meeting at his congregation in Georgia and I heard him and another JW talking abour derrick Holland and he said: "that is one sharp dude!" That was his exact words. So while others try to ridicule you publickly, in my opinion; they respect you behind closed doors. As David said; you are a very knowledgable individual.

Gods speed and have a blessed day,

Good morning, Fred.  And thank you for writing with these words of encouragement.  

Yes, I remember Bro D. Drake quite well, and I want to say that I also think he himself showed a great deal of class during his time on this board.  I wish he were still here taking questions for his religion, rather than some of the ones who are here, and only give their religion a bad name.  He normally treated his questioner with dignity and respect, and gave good answers in defense of what he believes.

Furthermore, I remember when the debacle regarding the chat room/e-mail forum came to light, and I want to say that Mr. D. Drake was the only JW that I remember, who showed any remorse or heart-break over how the name of Jehovah had been maligned.  I've always thought it odd that certain JWs here scream bloody murder about me (and other non-JWs) being here in this forum, but yet, we saw what happened when they get a forum all to themselves.  They wind up calling each other "apostates", posting letters here that only 3 people are REAL JWs, calling each other "liars", etc.  And I remember when all that happened, Mr. Drake was literally heart-broken over the example that had been set.

As far as I'm concerned, he too was a class act, and was himself "a sharp dude".  My desire would be to one day meet Mr. Drake, and sit down with him and talk about my relationship with Jesus Christ.  I know his congregation is only a couple of hours from where I live, here in NC.  He and I have had some correspondences in the past, and he always treated me with respect and politeness.

As for the ones who ridicule me, actually RESPECTING me, well, I'm not too sure about that...:)  I think possibly "fear" would be more accurate than respect.  They sure do seem to take a lot of time and effort into discrediting and slandering me with their falsehoods.  Well, things have been somewhat quieter here as of late, but that has been a pretty prevalent practice of theirs in times past.  Whatever their motivation, I am quite certain that Jehovah God is not pleased.  I think in a forum such as this, it is perfectly acceptable to address, answer, or try to refute, a post made by someone of another belief.  But between people who all CLAIM to be Bible-believing Christians, there should NEVER be even ONE single instance, of someone lying about another person, or attacking their character, instead of their message....EVER.  

But again, there have been a few JWs here and there, who actually show the competence to be in a forum such as this, and Mr. Drake certainly is one of them.  If you ever happen to be in his congregation again, or happen to see him, please give him my regards.  And tell him I would like to hear from him.  I know his health wasn't the best, and I certainly wish him well and hope he is doing better.

Thank you so much for writing me with this encouraging letter.  May God bless you and your family!  Take care.

Jehovah`s Witness

Derrick Holland

I was raised in the religion known as Jehovah`s Witnesses for 13 years. Since becoming a born-again Christian, I have researched extensively this religion, especially their doctrines and their history. I can answer questions about their doctrines from the perspective of Biblical Christianity. To be clear: Jehovahs Witnesses is the religion of my upbringing, though I myself was never baptized into the religion, nor have I ever been considered as a Jehovahs Witness.

29 years of Biblical research into the fundamental doctrines of the Christian faith, and how they differ from the teachings of the Watchtower.

I would advise each questioner to this forum, to carefully READ the profiles of the various volunteers. There are several such as myself, who are not practicing JWs, but will provide you with an accurate and honest answer, regarding JW teaching. If we don't know the answer, we will try to research and get it for you. There are also some excellent practicing JWs here, who also endeavor to give you a factual and honest answer, based on their point of view. I believe by getting both points of view, the questioner can weigh the evidence for themselves, and make an informed decision. Unfortunately, there are also 3 here who claim to be JWs, but do NOT give honest, or well-researched answers. They will tell you only what they want you to believe, and they often hide facts about the history of their religion, as well as print untruths about other people's beliefs. This is done in an attempt to deceive the unsuspecting reader. It can be easily seen who these 3 are, simply by reading the public posts and "answers" which they write. Their posts will normally be filled with personal attacks, and if you question them about some teaching or aspect of the Watchtower that makes them uncomfortable, they will often reject your question, question your motives for asking it, tell you that you have been reading "apostate" sites, or turn the conversation into an attack on another expert. These ones are better avoided, as there is nothing to be gained by way of positive discussion, as they are not interested in intelligent conversation, or honest dialogue. If after reading the forum, you still have any questions as to who they are, just ask me, and I will be happy to tell you. And I can also provide documentation of their willful dishonesty. One thing is for a forum where people from both sides claim to be "Christians", there should never be any willful lying. Such ones only create a distraction in the forum, and provide nothing of any real value.

High School, some college. Studies of God's Word, the Bible, and how it compares to JW theology. I have found my own personal study and experiences to be far more valuable than any formal education or training. The Bible message is clear...Salvation is ONLY through and by the shed blood of Jesus Christ, and no religious organization has a thing to do with it. While attendance at a Bible-preaching, Bible-believing church is a must for spiritual growth and fellowship, no church can grant salvation to its members. Nor is joining a particular group a prerequisite for being saved.