Jehovah`s Witness/Jehovah draws people

Question
Hello Sister T, I'm glad you're back from your holiday and I hope you're well rested.
I have asked several brothers about this question that has always bothered me to some extent. I am going to mark it private but if you wish to display the question and your answwer otherwise, no problem with me.
We, always say that Jehovah draws the person to Him. Then why do some publishers have so many baptised brothers and sisters credited to them while other JW's, (that in some cases have been in the truth much longer),have none. We all have the same message, don't we?
 Here's an example, I knew a little black sister back in Georgia. She was responsible for 126 people coming into the truth, through this one and that one, but she was the one that initially got the ball rolling. There was an area, ( very exclusive area)that had been worked and worked for many, many years by just about all the publishers. It was a white, very upper-class neighborhood. This little black sister took on the task of having this territory assigned to her. Within two months, she had 3 Bible studies and two of those Bible studies became witnesses. One was a Doctor and the other one was a Federal Judge. They had lived in that area all their lives. They later said, they had been witness too on several occasions but never took the witnesses that serious. But it was something about this little sister that seemed so sincere that they had to listen to her message.
 Sister T, I think you know where I'm coming from with my question. If Jehovah is drawing people to the truth (and I believe that He is) then how is it that this sister has done more than any 20 publishers combined?.

Answer
Hello Phil and thank you for writing,

Thank you for the well wishes, hope all is well with you and your family!  I have no problem with making this public and my response public, and I will do my best to try and answer your question the best way I know how.  

You are correct that Jehovah is the one who draws people to his son Jesus.  As Jesus is Jehovah's means of salvation for mankind.

John 6:44 "No man can come to me unless the Father, who sent me, draws him, and I will resurrect him on the last day"

The most important thing we have to remember is that all we as JW's can do is plant the seed of truth in people and then water it by returning but it's Jehovah that makes that seed of truth grow in a person's heart.

1 Corinthians 3:6-8 "I planted, A·pol′los watered, but God kept making it grow, 7 so that neither is the one who plants anything nor is the one who waters, but God who makes it grow. 8 Now the one who plants and the one who waters are one, but each person will receive his own reward according to his own work."

However, Jehovah does not force anyone to serve him.  We have free will...but people's hearts can and do change. All true JW's are sincere, we preach because of having love for our neighbor.

You mentioned those people never took the Witnesses that serious.  But this world and people constantly change and we see drastic changes in this world, mainly for the worst.

For example, and this is a true story, but I'll use different names.  A man named John preached to a man named Howard for some years, but Howard never seemed interested. 12 years had gone by, and John would still preach to Howard respectively, and then Thomas came along, (John and Thomas did not know each other) and also preached to Howard, and Howard decided to accept a Bible study. Howard called John and said, "you were right all along.  I am studying and I want to learn more about Jehovah, what I was being taught in Church isn't what the Bible says."  Well John said to Howard, "I'm glad you are studying, but I've been telling you these things for over 12 years.  What did that person say that made a difference from what I've been telling you?"  Howard said, "I guess I just wasn't ready.  I was too busy living life my way.  I just didn't really take it to heart."

So it wasn't that John was ineffective and Thomas was more sincere, it was Howard's heart condition at the time that Thomas talked to him that lead to Jehovah seeing a change and drawing on it.

The main reason is a person's heart condition, as we grow older and as circumstances change, our outlook on life and other things change, and things that may not have been important to us even last year, or 10 years ago now take on new meaning...and a person may decide to listen and have a chance to be drawn by God...

Since we as people can't read hearts, or cause any growth, Jehovah is the one who will see that change, small as it may be, he will see it and draw on it, because God's will is for all to be saved and come to an accurate knowledge of truth.  

1 Timothy 2:4 "This is fine and acceptable in the sight of our Savior, God, 4 whose will is that all sorts of people should be saved and come to an accurate knowledge of truth."

2 Peter 3:9 "Jehovah is not slow concerning his promise, as some people consider slowness, but he is patient with you because he does not desire anyone to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance."

2 Chronicles 16:9 "For the eyes of Jehovah are roving about through all the earth to show his strength in behalf of those whose heart is complete toward him."

Proverbs 21:2 "All of a man’s ways seem right to him,
But Jehovah examines the hearts."

Jeremiah 17:10 "I, Jehovah, am searching the heart, Examining the innermost thoughts, To give to each one according to his ways, According to the fruitage of his works."

All the ones who went before the little sister planted and watered but it depends on the hearer's heart condition whether or not Jehovah will draw them.  That little sister just was there at a time when the hearer's heart condition had changed in order for Jehovah to draw on it. Also we are so close to the end now, and Jehovah is speeding up the ingathering.

Isaiah 60:22 "The little one will become a thousand And the small one a mighty nation. I myself, Jehovah, will speed it up in its own time.”

There also should be no competition with JW's in how many people they aid into the Truth.  Because it's not the planter or waterer (JW's), but only God who makes the truth grow in a person's heart.

Here's two articles that may help you understand better:

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2008522

http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2005404

Have a great day

Sister T  

Jehovah`s Witness

Sister T