Jehovah`s Witness/Who Is Jesus To The Father?

Question
QUESTION: Why do JWS baptize using the Trinitarian Baptism? The Father, Son, And Holy Spirit?
You all should be baptizing in The Father or Jehovah only!

ANSWER: Jehovah's Witnesses are baptized in the name of the Father, Son and holy spirit because that is what Jesus commanded. But that is not a trinitarian baptism. The trinity supposes that Jehovah, Jesus and the holy spirit all all the same person or godhead, or whatever. But the Bible teaches no such doctrine. Simply because the Father, Son and spirit are mentioned together does not mean that are part of a mysterious trinity. Peter, James and John are together frequently mentioned in the gospels. Should we suppose they are a trinity too?

QUESTION: Why did God The Father call Jesus God in Hebrews 1:8-12? God knew who Jesus was. Jesus the one who sits on The Thrown of God. Jesus the one Who created all things and the one who never changes. Should they be no more He will still be there. That is the written word of God!

Why was Jesus called Immanuel when He was born by The Holy Angels? Immanuel means God With Us! The Angels sang as they announced His birth. This is a form of worship.

Answer
You are much mistaken. The passage in Hebrews does not say Jesus is God. Perhaps you should read more carefully? The verse in question actually says of the Son: “God is your throne.” And then the very next verse states: “You loved righteousness, and you hated lawlessness. That is why God, your God, anointed you with the oil of exultation more than your companions.”

Anyone who honestly tries to understand the passage ought not have any trouble discerning the truth, which states that God, Jesus’ God, exalted him and gave him his throne. In other words, Jesus is allowed to sit on God’s throne.

Surely, God does not confer authority upon himself? What rationale person would believe such nonsense? And yet the Bible states over and over and over again, that God gave all power and authority to his beloved Son.

If the passage in Hebrews is unclear to some people, in Revelation Jesus makes it even more plain, saying to his anointed followers: “To the one who conquers I will grant to sit down with me on my throne, just as I conquered and sat down with my Father on his throne.”

Again, the primary quality that one must develop in order to understand the truth is honesty. And if we are honest in our approach to understanding the relationship between Jehovah and Jesus we will accept the simple truth that the reason Jehovah God has given his Son the kingdom is because Jesus unswervingly obeyed God. Jesus loved God’s righteous ways and hated the lawlessness Satan promoted. And as a result his faith and obedience conquered the world, for which God rewarded him by allowing him to sit down upon his very throne.

Revelation confirms what is stated in Hebrews, that the throne of Jesus is actually Jehovah’s throne. So, it can also be stated that God is his throne forever.

To be sure, though, this act of sitting upon God’s throne and receiving the worship of all creation is something that Jehovah’s Witnesses do not yet fully appreciate. Here is a YouTube video exploring the question: Are Jehovah’s Witnesses Wrong About Jesus?

As for the prophetic name “Immanuel” and the assumption that it literally means that God was on earth as a man, that is infantile reasoning. It is a common expression even today to say “God be with you.” In the case of Jesus, God was with him. To understand this simple concept, simply consider what the apostle Peter said about Jesus at Acts 10:38: “…how God anointed him with holy spirit and power, and he went through the land doing good and healing all those oppressed by the Devil, because God was with him.”

Again, if we honestly accept what the Scriptures say there shouldn’t be any confusion. God was with Jesus and that is why Jesus performed the miracles that he did. And because God was with Jesus it could be said that God was, by extension, “with us.”

Here is a link to other commonly asked questions Beliefs

Jehovah`s Witness

Robert King