Jehovah`s Witness/I have two questions. Thanks.

Question
Hello Brother Hepburn,
Thanks for taking my questions.

1. Does God search the heart of each individual?

2. Does God really care for us personally?

Thank you.

Phil

Answer
Hello Phil,

I hope all is well for you in Thailand ,

Thank you for your questions.  I hope I can provide some scriptural answers to them that satisfy  what you are asking.  

Question 1 Does God search the heart of each individual?

I am absolutely confident that he does. Why?  I base that conclusion on the following texts

Jehovah's day of Judgement is coming and we can not stop it  Peter tells us at 2 Peter 3:9 “. . . he does not desire any to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance. . .”  Gods desire then is that all mankind come to know him.

Unfortunately, even though that is his desire, it will not happen in this system because of the influence of Satan as the ruler of this world at this time (1 John 5:19 ”but the whole world is lying in the [power of the] wicked one”)   So Jehovah searches the hearts of individuals looking for ones with the right motive and attitudes (Jeremiah 17:9, 10 ) “ 9 The heart is more treacherous than anything else and is desperate. Who can know it? 10 I, Jehovah, am searching the heart, examining the kidneys, even to give to each one according to his ways, according to the fruitage of his dealings.”

We are told that God is looking for individuals who are willing to worship him with truth (John 4:23 ”..the Father is looking for suchlike ones to worship him. . .)  How would he know if a person is willing to worship him in truth, unless he searches the heart?  The history of Gods dealings with mankind further shows that he has been doing that for a long time. This is further brought out at 2 Chronicles 16:9 ". . .For, as regards Jehovah, his eyes are roving about through all the earth to show his strength in behalf of those whose heart is complete toward him .”   To find a complete heart God must be searching the heart of individulas.

Here are some quotes that can be found on line.  It may be worth reading the articles that that come from.

Actually, even we ourselves are not the best evaluators of our own deepest motives and innermost inclinations. Why? Because our “heart is more treacherous than anything else and is desperate. Who can know it?” Well, God knows it, for he declares: “I, Jehovah, am searching the heart, examining the kidneys.” (Jeremiah 17:9, 10) Yes, Jehovah understands “the heart”—including our inner motivations—as well as “the kidneys,” our deepest thoughts and emotions   http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2007603

5 A second reason to accept God’s judgments is that unlike humans, God can read hearts. (1 Samuel 16:7) His Word states: “I, Jehovah, am searching the heart, examining the kidneys, even to give to each one according to his ways, according to the fruitage of his dealings.” (Jeremiah 17:10) Hence, when we read Bible accounts about God’s judgments upon certain individuals, let us not forget that his all-seeing eyes took into account hidden thoughts, motives, and intentions that went unrecorded in his Word.—1 Chronicles 28:9.
http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2005084

Another article that you may find helpful  “Acquire a Heart Agreeable to Jehovah”    http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2001764

Question 2  Does God really care for us personally?  

I am positive that he does, but we have to do our part as well and do the best we can to obey him
Here are a couple of texts that tell me he does

God is not partial Acts 10:34 . . .“For a certainty I perceive that God is not partial. . ."

The most important way of all that he shows he takes an active interest in all mankind is summed up in John 3:16 “For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, in order that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life.

A basic way that he shows he cares for all mankind is found at Matthew 5:45 “. . .since he makes his sun rise upon wicked people and good and makes it rain upon righteous people and unrighteous.”
Acts 14:17 “ although, indeed, he did not leave himself without witness in that he did good, giving YOU rains from heaven and fruitful seasons, filling YOUR hearts to the full with food and good cheer.”

We can rely on him to help us out in times of problems
Psalm 55:22  “Throw your burden upon Jehovah himself, And he himself will sustain you. Never will he allow the righteous one to totter. . .”
Psalm 68:19  Blessed be Jehovah, who daily carries the load for us, The [true] God of our salvation.
1 Peter 5:7 “while YOU throw all YOUR anxiety upon him, because he cares for YOU.”
Here are some thought from the famous sermon known as “the Sermon on the Mount”
Matthew 6:26 “Observe intently the birds of heaven, because they do not sow seed or reap or gather into storehouses; still YOUR heavenly Father feeds them. Are YOU not worth more than they are? “

God is spoken of as a loving father and he does take an interest in our needs (not wants)

Matthew 7:8-11 “9 Indeed, who is the man among YOU whom his son asks for bread—he will not hand him a stone, will he? 10 Or, perhaps, he will ask for a fish—he will not hand him a serpent, will he? 11 Therefore, if YOU, although being wicked, know how to give good gifts to YOUR children, how much more so will YOUR Father who is in the heavens give good things to those asking him. . .”

We are told that God knows us intimately, right down to the hairs on our heads
Matthew 10:29-31   “29 Do not two sparrows sell for a coin of small value? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground without YOUR Father’s [knowledge]. 30 But the very hairs of YOUR head are all numbered. 31 Therefore have no fear: YOU are worth more than many sparrows.”

A Key point in one of the texts mentioned in the first question  that is important and perhaps has a bearing on this question as well is from the first part of that text and that is God was us to worship him with truth, John 4:23 “Nevertheless, the hour is coming, and it is now, when the true worshippers will worship the Father with spirit and truth,”

The flowing verse to the text at Acts 10:34 mentioned earlier is also important to this question Acts 10:34,35 “For a certainty I perceive that God is not partial, 35 but in every nation the man that fears him and works righteousness is acceptable to him.”

We are assured that God takes a person interests in us. If we do our part, God will do his part to help us. Psalm 145:18, 19 “ 18 Jehovah is near to all those calling upon him, To all those who call upon him in trueness.  19 The desire of those fearing him he will perform, And their cry for help he will hear, and he will save them. . .”

We will have problems and trials, but God will not leave us, and if we rely on him he will make a way out for us. Corinthians 10:12, 13 ” 13 No temptation has taken YOU except what is common to men. But God is faithful, and he will not let YOU be tempted beyond what YOU can bear, but along with the temptation he will also make the way out in order for YOU to be able to endure it.”

So yes our God does search our hearts looking to see whose hearts will respond to his him and does care for us individually especially if we worshipping him with truth.

Jehovah`s Witness

Brenton Hepburn