Jehovah`s Witness/Woman in Revelations 12

Question
hello Abdijah

Can you please tell me who is the woman that is mentioned in Rev 12 that is pregnant? I have heard that Jehovah's Witnesses say it is Jehovah's Wife.

Thank you
Moss

Answer
Hello Moss.

First we will consider some Scriptures about her:
“And a great sign was seen in heaven, a woman arrayed with the sun, and the moon was beneath her feet, and on her head was a crown of twelve stars, and she was pregnant. And she cries out in her pains and in her agony to give birth.” ( Revelation 12:1, 2 )

Isaiah 54 is a prophecy about Jerusalem being exiled in Babylon for 70 years. Jerusalem was the earthly extension of  his heavenly organization, and speaking of it he said:
“For your Grand Maker is your husbandly owner, Jehovah of armies being his name; and the Holy One of Israel is your Repurchaser. The God of the whole earth he will be called.” ( Isaiah 54:5 )

But for Christians, it is not the earthly city but the heavenly “Jerusalem above,” which is his heavenly organization. As anointed Christians are called “sons of God” so their Mother is his heavenly organization, as it is written:
“But the Jerusalem above is free, and she is our mother.” ( Galatians 4:26 )
So the Mother of anointed Christians is Jerusalem above, or Jehovah’s heavenly organization, and also called Jehovah’s wife.

Incidentally she is the same woman spoken of in Genesis 3:15 where we read:
“And I shall put enmity between you and the woman and between your seed and her seed. He will bruise you in the head and you will bruise him in the heel.”

Jehovah`s Witness

Abdijah