Jehovah`s Witness/baptism

Question
QUESTION: Hi Sister T and Welcome back,
 I was reading Derricks response to the question on baptism; is their any validity with what Derrick is saying. I checked "private" but you can make it public, your decision.
 I have only been baptised a short while and am still knew to a lot of things.
 Thanks,

Phil

ANSWER: Hi Brother Phil,

I have no problem with making this public.  It's good that you are baptized, and as you know Satan and his religions teach the very opposite of what Jehovah teaches from the Bible.  You became a JW because you realized that it is the truth and more important because Jehovah himself drew you and made the truth grow in your heart. (John 6:44; 1 Cor. 3:6)  

I want to help you reason on a few things if you don't mind.  You being new, Satan is trying to take your faith away and put in doubts.   Never let that happen....just think of the basic Bible truths that you learned, and how all other religions do not teach them at all.  They teach in one form or another that we have souls that never die, or that God is a sadistic torturer who works with Satan by sending people to him to burn forever in hellfire, when we know that Satan is angry because he has a short period of time left, he will be destroyed.  So how will he be able to accept the ones that God is supposed to send his way when he won't even be around?  Some teach that Jesus is almighty God....so that right there should help you to stick with Jehovah and his people, even if there are some things that you may not understand at this time.  Just like when Jesus told his disciples that if they didn't eat his flesh and drink his blood they had no life in themselves.  (John 6:53).  Many of his disciples did not understand what he meant at that time, but instead of waiting to find out, they left from following Jesus (John 6:66)  But even though his Apostles didn't understand fully, they had seen many proofs that Jesus was the Messiah, and Jesus himself said he was.  Jesus asked them if they wanted to leave too, well Peter said,  “Lord, whom shall we go away to? You have sayings of everlasting life. We have believed and have come to know that you are the Holy One of God.” (John 6:68, 69)

You have believed and have come to know that Jehovah's Witnesses are teaching the truth from the Bible about God and his Son Jesus, the entire world over....on that basis, never be swayed by Satan's false reasonings.   Satan is misleading the entire inhabited earth!!  (Rev. 12:9)   

But it's also good to ask questions, because Jehovah is a revealer of secrets!  (Dan. 2:28) And Jehovah is not a mystery.  But does that mean that imperfect humans will always get every thing that Jehovah says in his Bible regarding prophecies exactly right as if they were inspired like the Bible writers were?  No we won't.  Even Jesus' apostles didn't understand many things that Jesus, who was with them for 3 1/2 years in their face, said until later down the road or after his death.  So don't feel bad that you may not understand everything.  And don't be alarmed or let your faith lessen because a new understanding was made regarding a prophecy that God gave.  See what a lot of people don't realize is the FDS have never uttered any prophecies.   But through Bible study and prayer to Jehovah, who makes his will known, we are able to understand many Bible prophecies.

So regarding the claim that how JW's are baptized is not according to the Bible...I will copy and paste an article about baptism at the bottom.  This will help you see that it's more then just only believing involved with getting baptized, yes, believing is a major part of it, of course, but it's not the only part.  

If that were the case then once saved always saved would be a Bible teaching, but it's not.  We know that the Bible says, the one that endures to the end will be saved (Matt 24:13)  And Jesus said at Matt 7:21 "“Not everyone saying to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter into the Kingdom of the heavens, but only the one doing the will of my Father who is in the heavens will."   A person has to be DOING God's will.

The demons believe, (James 2:19) but are they doing God's will?  We know they are not!  They accepted Jesus as being God's son and openly acknowledged it.  Here's just a couple scriptures that show this, there are more.

Luke 4:41 "Demons also came out of many, crying out and saying: “You are the Son of God.” But rebuking them, he would not permit them to speak, for they knew him to be the Christ.

Mark 3:11 "Even the unclean spirits, whenever they saw him, would fall down before him and cry out and say: “You are the Son of God.”

So the misconception of ONLY believing unto Jesus and you will be saved for all time is not Biblical.  It's missing important parts that go along with believing unto Jesus!

So this helps us to see more is involved here then simply just believing...even with the Ethiopian Eunuch.  Him getting baptized was not an impulsive act. Since he was a Jewish proselyte, the Ethiopian already had a knowledge of the Scriptures, including the Messianic prophecies. Now that he had information about Jesus’ role in God’s purpose, he could get baptized without delay.

So after Philip “declared to him the good news about Jesus.”  Again, the Ethiopian understood Jesus’ role in God’s purpose, along with the need to become a baptized disciple of Christ.  He was a man of faith who already worshipped God as a Jewish proselyte.  In fact, he traveled all the way from Ethiopia to Jerusalem in order to worship God.  

So if all that was needed was to believe, why undertake such a long journey?  Surely he could have stayed in Ethiopia and been just fine believing from there.  But we see he went to the place where God's people were, he traveled to Jerusalem to worship.  That also helps us to see that God has always had an organization of people for His name!  Back then it was the Jews, but when they rejected Jesus, Jehovah rejected them.  As we read at Acts 15:14 "Sym′e·on has related thoroughly how God for the first time turned his attention to the nations to take out of them a people for his name."

How do we know that it was more involved with this case of the Ethiopian Eunuch then him just believing when Phillip came along to help him understand, but rather he was already doing God's will by going to Jerusalem to worship.   Let's read:

Acts 8:26-28 "However, Jehovah’s angel spoke to Philip, saying: “Get up and go to the south to the road that runs down from Jerusalem to Gaz′a.” (This is a desert road.)  27 With that he got up and went, and look! an E·thi·o′pi·an eunuch, a man who had authority under Can·da′ce, queen of the E·thi·o′pi·ans, and who was in charge of all her treasure. He had gone to Jerusalem to worship, 28 and he was returning and was sitting in his chariot, reading aloud the prophet Isaiah."

Do you see it there?  The Ethiopian had gone to Jerusalem to worship and Phillip was sent to him by an angel when he was returning from that journey and was reading the Bible aloud.  

Water baptism is a requirement for all who want to have a relationship with Jehovah God. Baptism publicly indicates your desire to serve God. It shows that you are delighted to do Jehovah’s will.  

You must remember, only Jehovah's Witnesses truly worship Jehovah as Almighty God in a united brotherhood the world over.  If someone worships Jesus as Almighty God, they aren't worshipping Jehovah.  If someone worships idols as God, they are not worshipping Jehovah.  No matter if they use his name or not.

So if you are a Catholic, and get baptized by a Catholic, then you are baptized into the organization that practices Catholicism, same with Baptist, and any other faith that performs baptisms, so of course if a person is getting baptized by Jehovah's Witnesses they would become a Jehovah's Witnesses and be a part of that organization, as we are a world wide brotherhood.  So trying to make JW baptism be about giving allegiance to an organization is just a way to mislead people.  As you know we only give our allegiance to God.  

Here's the article, and I hope I helped you understand the truth, please be careful, Satan is very cunning and you don't want to fall prey to his trickery.

<<<<Quote>>>>

John’s baptism was due to be replaced by the baptism commanded by Jesus: “Make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit.” (Mt 28:19) This was the only water baptism having God’s approval from Pentecost, 33 C.E., forward. Some years after 33 C.E., Apollos, a zealous man, was teaching correctly about Jesus, but he had an understanding of only John’s baptism. On this matter he had to be corrected, as did the disciples whom Paul met at Ephesus. These men in Ephesus had undergone John’s baptism, but evidently after its valid performance had ended, since Paul’s visit to Ephesus was about 20 years after the termination of the Law covenant. They were then baptized correctly in the name of Jesus and received holy spirit.—Ac 18:24-26; 19:1-7.

That Christian baptism required an understanding of God’s Word and an intelligent decision to present oneself to do the revealed will of God was evident when, at Pentecost, 33 C.E., the Jews and proselytes there assembled, who already had a knowledge of the Hebrew Scriptures, heard Peter speak about Jesus the Messiah, with the result that 3,000 “embraced his word heartily” and “were baptized.” (Ac 2:41; 3:19–4:4; 10:34-38) Those in Samaria first believed Philip’s preaching of the good news, and then they were baptized. (Ac 8:12) The Ethiopian eunuch, a devout Jewish proselyte who, as such, also had knowledge of Jehovah and the Hebrew Scriptures, heard first the explanation of the fulfillment of these scriptures in Christ, accepted it, and then wanted to be baptized. (Ac 8:34-36) Peter explained to Cornelius that “the man that fears [God] and works righteousness is acceptable” (Ac 10:35) and that everyone putting faith in Jesus Christ gets forgiveness of sins through his name. (Ac 10:43; 11:18) All of this is in harmony with Jesus’ command to “make disciples . . . teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you.” Those who accept the teaching and who become disciples properly get baptized.—Mt 28:19, 20; Ac 1:8.

At Pentecost, Jews who bore community responsibility for Jesus’ death, and who doubtless knew of John’s baptism, were “stabbed to the heart” by Peter’s preaching and asked: “Brothers, what shall we do?” Peter answered: “Repent, and let each one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for forgiveness of your sins, and you will receive the free gift of the holy spirit.” (Ac 2:37, 38) Notice that Peter pointed out something new to them—that, not repentance and baptism in John’s baptism, but repentance and baptism in the name of Jesus Christ was necessary for forgiveness of sins. He did not say that baptism itself washed away sins. Peter knew that “the blood of Jesus [God’s] Son cleanses us from all sin.” (1Jo 1:7) Later, after speaking of Jesus as “the Chief Agent of life,” Peter said to Jews at the temple: “Repent, therefore, and turn around so as to get your sins blotted out, that seasons of refreshing may come from the person of Jehovah.” (Ac 3:15, 19) Here he instructed them that repenting of their bad deed against Christ and ‘turning around,’ to recognize him, was what brought forgiveness of sin; he did not at this point mention baptism.

As for the Jews, the Law covenant was abolished on the basis of Christ’s death on the torture stake (Col 2:14), and the new covenant became operative at Pentecost, 33 C.E. (Compare Ac 2:4; Heb 2:3, 4.) Nevertheless, God extended special favor to the Jews about three and a half years longer. During this time Jesus’ disciples confined their preaching to Jews, Jewish proselytes, and Samaritans. But about 36 C.E. God directed Peter to go to the home of the Gentile Cornelius, a Roman army officer, and by pouring out His holy spirit on Cornelius and his household, showed Peter that Gentiles could now be accepted for water baptism. (Ac 10:34, 35, 44-48) Since God no longer recognized the Law covenant with the circumcised Jews but now recognized only his new covenant mediated by Jesus Christ, natural Jews, whether circumcised or uncircumcised, were not considered by God as being in any special relationship with him. They could not attain to a status with God by observing the Law, which was no longer valid, nor by John’s baptism, which had to do with the Law, but were obliged to approach God through faith in his Son and be baptized in water in the name of Jesus Christ in order to have Jehovah’s recognition and favor.

Consequently, after 36 C.E., all, Jews and Gentiles, have had the same standing in God’s eyes. (Ro 11:30-32; 14:12) The people of the Gentile nations, except for those who had been circumcised Jewish proselytes, were not in the Law covenant and had never been a people having a special relationship with God the Father. Now the opportunity was extended to them as individuals to become God’s people. Before they could be baptized in water they, therefore, had to come to God as believers in his Son Jesus Christ. Then, according to Christ’s example and command, they would properly submit to water baptism.—Mt 3:13-15; 28:18-20.

Such Christian baptism would have a vital effect on their standing before God. After referring to Noah’s constructing of the ark in which he and his family were preserved through the Flood, the apostle Peter wrote: “That which corresponds to this is also now saving you, namely, baptism, (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the request made to God for a good conscience,) through the resurrection of Jesus Christ.” (1Pe 3:20, 21) The ark was tangible evidence that Noah had dedicated himself to do God’s will and had then faithfully done the work assigned by God. This led to his preservation. In a corresponding way, those who would dedicate themselves to Jehovah on the basis of faith in the resurrected Christ, get baptized in symbol of that, and do God’s will for his servants would be saved from the present wicked world. (Ga 1:3, 4) No longer would they be headed for destruction with the rest of the world. They would be saved from this and would be granted a good conscience by God.

<<<<End Quote>>>>

Let me also address the two questions which simply are this:

On the basis of the sacrifice of Jesus Christ have you repented of your sins and dedicated yourself to Jehovah to do his will?

Do you understand that your dedication and baptism identify you as one of Jehovah's Witnesses in association with God's spirit-directed organization.

As you can see the dedication is to Jehovah to do his will...no where do you see anything about pledging allegiance to an organization in those questions. And then as I mentioned earlier, any person who gets baptized by the religion of their choosing will be apart of that organization.

And common sense tells a person that in order for them to be able to teach Bible truths to others, they must first know them for theirselves...if you do not know then how can you teach someone else?  So yes, you go over some questions to make sure that you understand the truth from the Bible and not the lies from Satan that has tainted God's teachings. Because most people who become JW's come from false religious teachings, since Jesus said we all should speak in agreement (1 Cor. 1:10) then it's appropriate that all do so according to the Bible!  Why believe anyone who ignores or dismisses what the bible clearly says.

Regarding the conclusions that were listed let's go over them, I won't list them I'll just give the reply to what was listed:

1. Yes the Ethiopian was baptized the same day he was reading Isaiah in the Bible, but he did not come to realize it was speaking about Christ, Phillip had to explain it to him.

Obviously the part of the Ethiopian going to Jerusalem to worship was ignored, because it proves that he didn't just begin believing on the side of the road, he was on his way back home from going to worship in Jerusalem.

2. Again, it's obvious that the part of the Ethiopian traveling to Jerusalem from Ethiopia to worship was ignored and proves that he did not just believe the same day he was met by Phillip.  But he was already a believer and is why he was traveling such a distance in order to worship. So yes, he was taught or "indoctrinated" when he went to Jerusalem to worship.

3.  This is just an opinion of someone who was not there, no one knows what the Ethiopian did after his encounter with Phillip because the Bible does not say what he did, except for rejoice.  But we do know what Jesus said at Matt 28:19, 20 to go therefore and make disciples baptizing them ....teaching them to observe all the things he had commanded.  So that helps us see that the only way you can do that is by being active in the preaching work.  So it's more logical that he would follow Jesus' commandments.

So merely putting faith in Jesus being all that is needed is not scriptural according to what Jesus said and according to the details we read about the Ethiopian from the Bible.

Let me know if I didn't answer something that you wanted to know specifically, as this has gotten quite long.  

Sister T

QUESTION: No question Sister, just a real big thanks. You reallyy went into details and made everything crystal clear. Thanks again for your quick response and the indept answer you gave me.

With Christian Love,

Phil

Answer
Hi Brother Phil,

You are welcome.  Thank you and I'm glad I was able to make it clear, with Jehovah's help of course.  Please give my warm regards and love to all my fellow brothers and sisters there where you are!

With Christian love my dear brother,

Sister T

Jehovah`s Witness

Sister T