Jehovah`s Witness/Jesus Resurrection

Question
QUESTION: Hi Robert,

Do you believe that Jesus Christ was bodily resurrected? I mean he is resurrected in the same flesh that opposed to JWs belief that he was raised as spirit

ANSWER: Jesus was definitely resurrected as a spirit.

Humans are by design terrestrial creatures. We have very specific requirements to stay alive; the most basic being breathable air, water, food and sleep. Also, we only function within a very limited temperature range. The fragility of flesh is demonstrated when men leave the earth and go into outer space, and in doing so have to take along with them all sorts of earthly things to keep them alive in a very inhospitable environment.

We might think of heaven in the same way. Heaven is not made of material, at least not what we recognize as material; material being defined as matter; the stuff of matter being the elements; elements such as Hydrogen, Helium, Carbon, Oxygen, Lithium, Boron, Uranium, Einsteinium, Plutonium, Gold, Nitrogen, Platinum, Argon, to name a few. Heaven is different. It is a higher state of energy.

Humans can no more live in heaven then they could on Mars or on Saturn or on the sun. Paul explained it very clearly when he said "flesh and blood cannot enter the kingdom." That's because the kingdom is located in heaven. And heaven is populated by spirits. Jehovah likened his angels to flames of fire. That is so we can get the basic idea that spirits are not flesh. They are a higher energy form.

The problem is, that humans think in small terms. We are only familiar with things of this world. But Jesus is not from this world. He was a spirit of fire long before Jehovah transferred him from the spirit realm and miraculously impregnated Mary with the fleshly version of his perfect heavenly son. And, of course, the reason God did that was to produce a second Adam, a second perfect man that is, who could then sacrifice his flesh as payment to purchase the sinful race of fleshlings that descended from Adam and Eve.

Contrary to the common false teaching that humans have an immortal soul that survives the death of the body, the only way for God to receive Jesus back into heaven was for Jesus to be born again. Like Jesus told Nicodemus, "what is flesh is flesh and what is spirit is spirit."

Jesus sacrificed his flesh. But because he had been anointed and born again God resurrected him as an indestructible spirit, the firstborn of many brothers who are to be modeled after him in what is called the new creation. Paul actually had a glimpse of Jesus after he ascended to heaven. He is the only human to have had such an experience. But the encounter, which occurred before he was even a believer, came in a flash of light and was so jarring it left Saul/Paul blinded for three days. Christ was definitely not a flesh and blood mortal.

But what accounts for the fact that Jesus appeared to his disciples as a flesh and blood man prior to his ascension? Spirits have always had the power to materialize flesh. Prior to the Flood some of the angels got into trouble by materializing for selfish purposes.  But other angels after the Flood materialized to assist God's people. For example, three angels materialized in the flesh to speak with Abraham about the situation in Sodom. They even had a meal with him.

Because the disciples were so limited in understanding at the time Jesus also had to materialize in the flesh so they could accept that he was alive. Had he simply gone into the spirit realm and not appeared to them they never would have believed it. Jesus basically had to take them by the hand and walk them through to the point when he was levitated up from the earth and disappeared from them. Only then were they able to grasp that Jesus had actually gone to heaven. Even though he told them over and over and over again that that was where he had come from and where he was going.

Sadly, people today are just as small-minded as the apostles were before they were anointed. Many who consider themselves Christians simply have no conception who Jesus is, that he is an immortal spirit being now, just like Jehovah in every way possible.

QUESTION: Hi Robert,

Thanks for xplaining this. I aslo believe that the nature of Jesus is spirit with no flesh. However I read some arguments that he has flesh but this flesh is not the same as flesh as we have. If I understand it correctly it seems flesh without blood. The Bible text they are using is in
John 2: 19 Jesus replied to them: “Tear down this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.”+ 20 The Jews then said: “This temple was built in 46 years, and will you raise it up in three days?” 21 But he was talking about the temple of his body.+ 22 When, though, he was raised up from the dead, his disciples recalled that he used to say this,+ and they believed the scripture and what Jesus had spoken.   

THIS temple and I will raise IT up. What are your thoughts on these?

Regards
Laurence

Answer
Flesh without blood is what we call a corpse.

Look, when Jesus was on earth he revealed to the Samaritan woman at the well a very simple yet profound truth: He said to her "God is a spirit."

Can it be any more plain or simple? Yet these same simple-minded fools who claim that Jesus resides in heaven as a bloodless corpse also believe that Jesus is God. So, obviously there is a great deal of ignorance and outright stupidity on the part of the trinitarians.

Furthermore, the angels are spirits. The Bible says so. So, everyone in heaven is a spirit except Jesus? The real question is: Why do people believe such nonsense?

Here is a YouTube video I produced a few years ago on the question of what Jesus meant when he said he would raise up the temple.

Did Jesus Resurrect Himself?  

Jehovah`s Witness

Robert King