Jehovah`s Witness/Prayer

Question
Hello Carol,
 I have a concern with an operation I am facing. It doesn't look good for me. I have been dianoised with breast cancer. What I feel so bad about is, I own a Magazine here in Thailand for English speaking people. One of my writers is a Jehovah's Witness and the articles he writes are just amazing. My readers love him, I love him and I would imagine His God Jehovah loves him. He has talked to me about Jehovah many times and I would not listen to him as I am Catholic, as well as my daughter and my late husband. He wrote an article several months ago about praying to idols and especially to Mary. Since that time, I have started a closer examination of my own relgion and am now convince that they are wrong in what they teach. I am no longer attending Mass. I will be leaving for the Philippines for the operation and in a letter I wrote to (the man that writes for my Magazine) and apologized for not looking more into his church and their teachings. I also told him that I would be going to one of his church's while in the Philippines and I also told him and made a promise to God that if I survived this operation I would pledge with all my heart and with all that is precious to me, that I would start a complete investigation of the Jehovah's when I returned to Thailand. Carol, is it to late? Have I waited to long? What does God think of me as a person that had the opportunity to learn about him and refuse to do it? I don't think he likes me very much.
Since my husband passed away, it has been very lonely for me. I'm not that old (65) and I still would like to perhaps get married again. I don't need the financial support of a man, I'm OK in that department. Please pray for me and please ask your God to frogive me and that I am truthfully sorry for any wrongs I have caused in my life.

Sincerely,
Malinee

Answer
Malinee,
Let me first express my concerns over your recent diagnosis. I understand, to the degree that I can from my perspective. My mother is in stage 4 and in hospice care and my sister-in-law just went through a surgery for breast cancer and is in the process of her chemo and radiation. It is a horrible disease which many are suffering with, but we are assured of a time when this will be no more (Rev 21:3,4).
I also want to thank you for your expressions with regard to wanting to please Jehovah. You couldn't be more mistaken when you say you feel it is too late and Jehovah will not forgive you. You are exactly what we look for when we preach from door to door. The humility you have expressed literally brought tears to my eyes and I was proud that you selected me to respond! Most of us learned the truth of the Bible after being in false religion. I came out of the Congregational church and my husband was Luthern, even went to the Luthern school. We both learned the truth in our early twenties. I don't know what you may have done in your past, but there is NOTHING Jehovah will not forgive you for. Ps 86:5-8 is so comforting: "5 For you, O Jehovah, are good and ready to forgive; You abound in loyal love for all those who call on you. 6 Listen, O Jehovah, to my prayer; And pay attention to my pleas for help. 7 I call on you in the day of my distress, For you will answer me." Notice it does say you may answer, but you will. You have already taken the first step by leaving the church and no longer being subjected to the lies of Christendom. As far as a husband, put Jehovah first and learn how to please Him first and let the rest fall in place where it will.When you visit the congregation in Thailand, would you let me know how it went? And when you get back home, make sure to visit the congregation in your area and request a Bible study. You can also, when at the hospital request a minister of Jehovah's Witnesses to stop by before your surgery and they will be more than happy to share a comforting thought and prayer with you. They will also make sure to set a study up for you if you would like.
If you would, visit jw.org and look up the publication Draw Close to Jehovah, and start reading this book. It will help you through your journey to draw Jehovah close to you. He already knows you are searching....now he is just waiting for you to reach out! Please keep in touch with me and let me know how things are going for you. If you would like my personal email it is lhird@hotmail.com.

Jehovah`s Witness

Carol Massey