Jehovah`s Witness/Two Question's

Question
Hello Brother Abdijah,
 (1)If 1914 was the year that Jjesus and Satan fought and Satan was cast down from heaven then how did Satan as far back as the Garden of Eden tempt Adam and Eve to sin? I'm not understanding the time table?

(2) When a person is praying, when do they know who to pray to; for Jehovah, or, Holy Spirit?

Thank you,

Peter

Answer
Hello Peter

Question (1)  If 1914 was the year that Jesus and Satan fought and Satan was cast down from heaven then how did Satan as far back as the Garden of Eden tempt Adam and Eve to sin? I'm not understanding the time table?

Answer: At the time he tempted Adam and Eve, Satan had not yet been cast out of heaven; he could come and go more or less as he pleased. A good example of this can be seen in the first two chapters of the book of Job. Note:

“Now the day came when the sons of the true God entered to take their station before Jehovah, and Satan also entered among them. Then Jehovah said to Satan: ‘Where have you come from?’ Satan answered Jehovah: ‘From roving about on the earth and from walking about in it.’” — Job 1:6, 7 .

AND:

“Afterward the day came when the sons of the true God entered to take their station before Jehovah, and Satan also entered among them to take his station before Jehovah. Then Jehovah said to Satan: ‘Where have you come from?’ Satan answered Jehovah: ‘From roving about on the earth and from walking about in it.’” — Job 2:1, 2 .

So in Job, and therefore Genesis, Satan could travel between heaven and earth.

Revelation 12:7—12 is the account where Satan is cast out of heaven, never to return. This event took place sometime after the apostle John wrote down the Revelation, as we see from Revelation 1:1 :

“A revelation by Jesus Christ, which God gave him, to show his slaves the things that must shortly take place . And he sent his angel and presented it in signs through him to his slave John.”

From the prophecies as well as historical events it can be seen that this took place in 1914.

Question (2) When a person is praying, when do they know who to pray to; for Jehovah, or, Holy Spirit?

Answer: Jesus said to pray to “Our Father in the heavens.” —  Matthew 6:9.

And in Psalm 65:2 we read “O Hearer of prayer, to you people of all sorts will come.” From verse 1 we know this talks about God as being the “hearer of prayer.”

In John 17:1—3 Jesus calls his Father “the only true God.”

Exodus 6:3 identifies God, the Father of Jesus, as Jehovah, as do many other passages, so the answer in all cases is we pray to Jehovah.

I hope this explains it well,

Abdijah.

Jehovah`s Witness

Abdijah