Jehovah`s Witness/Responses off

Question
Good day sir. I was reading your response regarding 1914 and 1975 and I have to say  with all due respect, you are very off base with your answer. It's obvious someone  supplied you a  nice retort to cover up the real truth of the jw failed predictions. My suggestion to you, would be to do your own research and not rely on the ones that got it wrong and are desperate to make that look like it did not happen. It did. I also notice that when a jw is challenged with the real truth, they always resort back to "i will not debate you" and then forego any follow up to that question. Jw do not like hard questions for which they cannot answer. I see this a lot. They want to give you one answer and expect you to accept that as the truth. They may be acceptable to them, but most independent thinkers prefer an actual conversation that goes back and forth with many questions and answers. You are a sincere, well trained representative of your religion, following all the rules to a tee. My advice to you, is read everything available to to you, so you can actually conclude a more accurate response. Take care friend. Chuck

about 1914 and 1975. What you thinks true, is not.

Answer
Hello Chuck.

You raise a number of points and I will try to address them. I will warn you in advance they are probably not in same order in which you bring them up.

You are correct about the fact that someone did indeed supply me with the required information to respond to the questions about 1914 & 1975.

For the part about 1914, it was Jehovah who provided the information. (2 Timothy 3:16, 17 ) See referenced thread for Scriptures.

As to what was written in the past about 1975, I have the publications, so I can see for myself what they said; I have no need for anyone to tell me. It is “straight from the horse’s mouth” as it were.

I have been one of Jehovah’s Witnesses for 35 years, and have been around Jehovah’s Witnesses for most of my life, having several members of my family who provided me with literature prior to my dedicating my life to serving God. In view of that it is based on intimate knowledge that we do not make prophecies or predictions.

These prophecies are found in the pages of Scripture. We study Scripture and try to understand these, and we publish our understanding, and have frequently stated that we are not inspired or infallible, and that the understandings are published with that fact in mind.

I studied with Jehovah’s Witnesses off and on for more than 15 years before I got baptized because I wanted to be sure that it was the truth; I studied the teachings of other religions as well as evolution.

I eventually became convinced first of all that the Bible is the truth. (John 17:17 ) Once I knew for sure, then I started seeing what it actually taught and comparing that to what different religions taught. (Proverbs 14:15; Acts 17:11; Romans 12:1, 2 )

I am open to honest discussion of these matters, and of course that involves disagreement which can be termed “debate.” When I say I will not debate these things I am referring to the argumentative attitude I see so often, in which neither side can ever make real progress.

Can you point out any specific detail in my response about 1914 & 1975 that is inaccurate? I do not mean with which you disagree, but that you can actually show WHY it is wrong.

Also, just so you know, I am and always have been an avid reader. I have read in the past read information from other religions, but soon discovered it was valueless. It contradicted a great deal of Scripture, and failed to answer simple, basic questions. So I no longer have a need to look beyond our own publications for spiritual food. That does not mean that I do not use such publications as Strong’s Concordance or Vine’s Lexicon , and other non-WTS research tools.

Especially when it comes to our own modern day history I find our own original publications of greatest value, such as what Brother Russell and others actually wrote or said rather than what modern critics CLAIM they wrote or said.

Last point (I think) — I do not expect anyone to accept anything I say at face value, but I want them to check it out for themselves, to “make sure of all things.” — 1 Thessalonians 5:21; 1 John 4:1 .

I believe that covers all your main points; if I overlooked anything it was unintentional and I apologize.

Abdijah

Jehovah`s Witness

Abdijah