Jehovah`s Witness/Today you will be with me in paradise.

Question
Hello sister t.
I just read your answer about being baptised and all that goes into it.  Can you explain why Jesus said the man next to Him on the cross that he would be with Jesus in paradise? I dont recall this person ever being baptised or doing Jehovah's will while on the cross next to Jesus. It seems to me, either way, this sinner was saved. To the paradise earth as jws believe or to be with  Jesus in heaven.
Thank you. Kevin.

Answer
Hello Kevin,

Why ask me when you don't believe anything I have showed you from the Bible. Not to mention you fabricated a story saying: "Sister T eventually told me it was symbolism, but it was hard for her to explain, that I should read another experts answer. Didn't Einstein say "if you understand something, you should be able to explain it simply". Now she also said that Jesus only talked to crowds in parables."

Kevin, that's really sad and a bit desperate, you want JW's to be wrong so bad that you have to stoop to such levels.  Anyone who read my reply would know that it was not hard for me to explain, I merely said I would not go into great detail and if you wanted great detail then to read the other explanation.  I had no problem explaining that to you and I even told you the previous verses said what the parable was about in a nutshell.  And again, I didn't say Jesus only talked to the crowds in parables, I said the Bible said that. (Matt 13:34)

So that let's people know that your questions are not because you want to learn or are interested, but you just want to twist things around to go back and make fun about it with your buddy there, as you've done before.  Maybe doing that kind of stuff makes you feel good about yourself.

But no matter, even though I already know that's the type of person you continue to portray and I'm sure your co-worker knows this as well since you like to say things he supposedly has said and he's not here to defend himself, if you twist my words around and I'm right here on the site, it's no telling how much you do that to your co-worker...I will still answer your question, for the readers.  Because no matter how much you twist and make fun, the Bible is from God and your mockings against Bible truths is on your head.

Also my point about believing not being all that is needed because the demons believe and shudder (James 2:19) was not my analogy, it was the Bible writer James', because he was discussing how faith without works is dead, (James 2:18-20) there is more involved than ONLY believing, because the demons believe.  So anyone who says different should take that up with James the inspired Bible writer and Jehovah who had the Bible penned.  I guess certain ones think they know more than God himself.  

No on to this question

Luke 23:43 "And he said to him: “Truly I tell you today, you will be with me in Paradise.”

He will be resurrected along with millions of others who have died and will live on the earth and have a chance to serve Jehovah at that time.  As there will be a resurrection of the righteous and the unrighteous.  That's how loving and merciful Jehovah God is.  All who die because of Adamic death will have a chance to be resurrected and learn about Jehovah and serve him.  There are countless people who have died that never knew about Jehovah or Jesus who will be resurrected back on earth.   

Acts 24:15 "And I have hope toward God, which hope these men also look forward to, that there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous."

That's your answer but I'm going to say more.

The robber who died next to Jesus was given a promise by Jesus that he would be with him in paradise.  Obviously the robber could not have gone to heaven as you claim that day because Jesus didn't even go to heaven on the day that he died.

The Bible says he was resurrected after 3 days, and once he was resurrected he still hadn't gone to heaven.  In fact Jesus didn't ascend to heaven until about 40 days later.

1 Cor 15:3-8 "For among the first things I handed on to you was what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures; 4 and that he was buried, yes, that he was raised up on the third day according to the Scriptures; 5 and that he appeared to Ce′phas, and then to the Twelve. 6 After that he appeared to more than 500 brothers at one time, most of whom are still with us, though some have fallen asleep in death."

John 20:17 "Jesus said to her: “Stop clinging to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. But go to my brothers and say to them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father and to my God and your God.’”

Acts 1:2,3 "until the day that he was taken up, after he had given instructions through holy spirit to the apostles he had chosen. 3 After he had suffered, he showed himself alive to them by many convincing proofs. He was seen by them throughout 40 days, and he was speaking about the Kingdom of God"

Jesus said the ones who would be in heaven with him were the ones who stuck with him through his trials, did the robber stick with Jesus through anything?  No, he was not even a disciple of Jesus, he did not suffer for the same reason Jesus suffered and others suffered because of doing the will of God.  So there is no reason to think that the robber would be in heaven with Jesus.

Luke 22:28-30  "However, you are the ones who have stuck with me in my trials; 29 and I make a covenant with you, just as my Father has made a covenant with me, for a kingdom, 30 so that you may eat and drink at my table in my Kingdom, and sit on thrones to judge the 12 tribes of Israel."

John 14:1-3 "Do not let your hearts be troubled. Exercise faith in God; exercise faith also in me. 2 In the house of my Father are many dwelling places. Otherwise, I would have told you, for I am going my way to prepare a place for you. 3 Also, if I go my way and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will receive you home to myself, so that where I am you also may be."

Rev. 3:21 "To the one who conquers I will grant to sit down with me on my throne, just as I conquered and sat down with my Father on his throne."

The robber according to the Bible would not qualify to go to heaven, and he was not a disciple of Jesus nor did he get baptized as he was hanging on a stake about to die, but he did do something that meant enough to Jehovah that it was penned in the Bible.

John 23:40-42 "In response the other rebuked him, saying: “Do you not fear God at all, now that you have received the same judgment? 41 And we rightly so, for we are getting back what we deserve for the things we did; but this man did nothing wrong.”  42 "Then he said: “Jesus, remember me when you get into your Kingdom.”

It's also noteworthy to point out that the robber said remember me when you get into your kingdom, if the robber were going to be in heaven with Jesus, then why did Jesus not say you will be with me in my Kingdom?  As we know Jesus' Kingdom is in heaven, no Jesus said in paradise, because that's what the earth will be a paradise, just like the Garden of Eden was.

Sister T  

Jehovah`s Witness

Sister T