Jehovah`s Witness/baptism response

Question

As per your reply below....

"2)Do you understand that your dedication and baptism identify you as one of Jehovah's Witnesses in association with God's spirit-directed organization??

This is in recognition of the father the son and the holy spirit. Jehovah's(Father) organization lead by Jesus Christ(son) and directed by (holy spirit)"

If point 2 is explained as above, why don't you just say that ?

E.g. Do you understand that your dedication and baptism is in recognition of the father the son and the holy spirit.

Don't get me wrong, I am in total agreement with you on baptism and with your understanding of scripture, l just do not understand why you have deviated from what Jesus said to baptise in ?  Mat 28.19

I do not recall Jesus saying anything about organisations and Identification in a baptismal context!!!

Thanks
Simon

Answer
Hi mate and thanks for writing

Christendom claim to baptize in the name of Father ,Son and Holy Spirit. When they christen babies they even use the expression you claim we should use.Its like repeating the Lords prayer over and over again it doesn't mean anything its just words.

There is no deviation from Jesus words being baptized as a Jehovah's witness is the only way to be baptized in subjection to God's Kingdom . It is the only way to be baptized in recognition of the Father , Son and Holy Spirit. I don't really get your point on this it's really like claiming that every time we leave a door and someone isn't interested you should literally shake dust of our feet or we're deviating from Jesus words or we should cut off our hand or tear out our eye literally if it makes us stumble. Jesus was a master of using expressions to make a point. His words on Baptism is no different.

Follow up if you need

Take Care

jw.org

Jehovah`s Witness

Bro DW