Jehovah`s Witness/Catholic Inquisition

Question
Good day sir,

It's nice to be back here once again.
Hope you're doing good as always.
To be brief sir, can you please share to me your knowledge about this Inquisition thing? Firstly, is it true that the Catholics were NOT the ones who's responsible for the killings of thousands(or even millions according to some anti-catholics)of heretics for the reason that the canon law forbade them to participate in a bloodshed?
Secondly, is it true also that the only reason why they instituted the Inquisition it's because the innocents were being falsely accused by the state and just died in a worthless way; and so to suppress such devilish injustices, they formed a system that is capable of questioning and to hold the real culprit of the incident?

Can you even provide some excerpts that says otherwise? Or was it an honest answer from my Priest uncle? Thank you

Looking forward
Dave

Answer
Hi Dave,

Nice to hear from you

I apologise for not getting back to you on that other matter we have been talking privately about.  I have no computer at the moment and can not access my data.  I am using  my "smart phone" to type this.

As far as the inquisitions are converned, I have not done a lot of reading on them.   I underdstand from what I remember learning about many years ago is that there may have been two reasons behind them

1. To fight back against the worshipers of Allah (often called heathens) who were making  in roads into some lands

2.  To fight against herecy that is small groups that deviated from the Catholic teachings.

All I can suggest is that you do an internet search or if there is a public library nearby see what you can find in history books.

I do not know of any "experts" that may have more information

Sorry I am not able to be of more help with this one.

When I can get another computer I hope I can recover my data and reply to your other questions.

Um till then keep well and vote found learning.

Jehovah`s Witness

Brenton Hepburn