Jehovah`s Witness/Dream

QUESTION: Hi Carol, could you please offer me some advice. I have been going hot and cold with the JWs for three years now. I had a dream where I was looking out my window and saw a JW woman leave something black at my front door, it was the  size of a book with large gold writing on it. By the time I got to the front door , she was gone together with other JWs.
I went out into the street, but couldn't see them.

What do you think it might mean?

ANSWER: Collin,
Thank you for the question. It sounds like you are starting to realize that we have to take a stand for Jehovah and you may be struggling with this decision. Especially seeing the current events going on around us, it does make us sit up and really take notice. We are really encouraging ones to go to our website and explore the articles If you go to the Online Library and type in "dreams", a whole list of articles will pop up for you. Below is one such article I found for you. Let me know if this helped.I hope this helps explain what your dream meant for you:

"Sometimes when we are trying to solve a problem, the solution comes to us during sleep. This may reflect that not all sleep consists of dreaming. A portion of it is thinking.
A book about dreams and our brain notes: “The most common form of mental activity in sleep is not dreaming but thinking. Sleep thinking is not accompanied by sensory illusions and is not bizarre. It tends to be commonplace, often concerned with the real-life events of yesterday or tomorrow, (such as taking that next step for Jehovah in your case)and is usually banal, uncreative, and repetitive.”
Some people feel that the subjects of their dreams have special messages for them. In order to have the dreams interpreted, they keep a notepad by their bed so that they can record them when they awaken. Regarding the usefulness of books that try to give meaning to dream symbols, The Dream Game, by Ann Faraday, says: “Dream books in which you look up the meanings of dream themes and symbols are equally useless, whether they be traditional or based on some modern psychological theory.”
Since it seems that dreams originate principally within the brain, it is not reasonable to think that they have special messages for us. We should view them as a normal function of the brain that helps maintain it in a healthful condition.
But what about those who say that they had dreamed of the death of a relative or a friend and learned the next day that the person had died? Does not that indicate that dreams can foretell the future?

Although God did use dreams in the past to reveal prophetic events and give instructions while his written Word was being produced, he has no need to do so today. Jehovah's written Word contains all the instructions from God that mankind needs at this time, and its prophecies concern events more than a thousand years into the future. (2 Timothy 3:16, 17) So we can be confident that our dreams are not indications from God of future events but essential functions of the brain for maintaining our mental well-being.
Today experts are still trying to understand the process of dreaming and whether it has a practical function. The Bible sheds no light on such issues. However, to those who insist on seeking divine communications in their dreams, the Bible does provide a warning. At Zechariah 10:2, it states: “The practicers of divination, . . . valueless dreams are what they keep speaking.” God also warns against looking for omens. (Deuteronomy 18:10-12) In light of these warnings, Christians today do not expect to receive divine guidance in their dreams. Rather, they view dreams simply as something experienced during sleep."

QUESTION: So what you're saying is that this dream means nothing, it's just a brain function?

It's not that it means nothing. It obviously is something that is weighing heavily on your mind, so it is important to you. There is nothing wrong with wondering brought that dream on. Natural dreams may be stimulated by certain thoughts or emotions, sensations or daily activities (anxiety, one’s physical condition, his occupation, and so forth). (Ec 5:3) These dreams are of no great significance. (Ps 73:20) A hungry person may dream of eating and a thirsty one of drinking, but they awake unsatisfied. Comparable delusion was in store for all the nations “waging war against Mount Zion.”—Isa 29:7, 8.
Concerning the pagan view of dreams, it is stated: “Babylonians had such trust in dreams that on the eve of important decisions they slept in temples, hoping for counsel. Greeks desiring health instruction slept in shrines of Aesculapius, and Romans in temples of Serapis. Egyptians prepared elaborate books for dream interpretation.” (Harper’s BibleDictionary, edited by M. and J. L. Miller, 1961, p. 141) But such practices did not exist among faithful Hebrews and early Christians. The Scriptures warn against looking for omens, whether in natural dreams or in various incidents.—De 18:10-12
“Everyone dreams,” says The World Book Encyclopedia (1984, Vol. 5, p. 279). “Most adults dream for about 100 minutes during eight hours of sleep.” So dreams are a normal human experience.

Here are few scriptures that should help:
Heb. 1:1, 2: “God, who long ago spoke on many occasions and in many ways [including dreams] to our forefathers by means of the prophets, has at the end of these days spoken to us by means of a Son [Jesus Christ, whose teachings are recorded in the Bible].”
1 Cor. 13:8: “Whether there are gifts of prophesying [and at times God conveyed prophecies to his servants by means of dreams], they will be done away with.”
2 Tim. 3:16, 17: “All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching . . . that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work.”
1 Tim. 4:1: “However, the inspired utterance says definitely that in later periods of time some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to misleading inspired utterances [sometimes conveyed in dreams] and teachings of demons.”

Jehovah`s Witness

Carol Massey

I can answer any Bible questions that most people today are wondering about. Why do we suffer and grow old and die? Does God care? What is God`s name. Is there a Trinity? Who is the ruler of this world? What is going to happen to the world? What happens to us when we die? We all have questions from time to time which put doubts in us, but once we have a true understanding of the scriptures we can put those doubts behind us and get a true sense of security toward our future.

Any one of us, as Jehovah's Witnesses, have had such a numerous number of Bible students and conversations at doors. The people we run into vary from housewifes, to homeless, to doctors. Everyone has the same questions and doubts and fears! We are all human, no matter what station in life we may hold. And everyone deserves the opportunity to live forever.