Jehovah`s Witness/Why follow Jws church

Hello Sister T

I have ask others the same question Sister T.

When I think of the work that Jesus done on the cross, to draw mankind back to God.
Nailing mans kinds sin to the cross ( all mans kinds sin )
I just thing how much God really loves us.
John 3v16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
To allow such a cruel death of Jesus to bring me in union with Him.
I have never felt so much love in all my life.
By someone I never knew.
33 And to love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love his neighbour as himself, is more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices.
There is many scriptures that repeat this as am sure you yourself know.

I am so grateful to God, sending Jesus and it was His Blood that was final, not like the Old Testament with the blood of Goats, birds,and everything that had blood.
Am just so grateful for Jesus Christ.
He paid for All mankind..

How Sister T
I have had Jws at my door saying!
Satan is confusing me and am not following the right people!!
Am not into following people!
More to the out pouring of the Holy Spirt.
God is no respecter of persons, as the bible clearly states.
If an Ass can be used! As stated in the bible.
I think I can be used!

But the Jws believe that I follow the devil!
Because am not in their Church setting.

Am not is believer in following man.
Only the one who died for my sins .

Can you explain why the Jws have this mindset that I must join their church setting?

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question.

Hello and thank you for writing,

You said that you have asked other JW's this same question so I'm sure they said the same thing I am going to say, but I'm guessing that maybe you misunderstood in some way of what they were trying to explain?  I'm sorry if that was the case and hopefully I can try to help you to reason on a few things.

Now you said something that is to be commended, which was you don't follow people.  A lot of people who follow nonbiblical teachings that are not taught in the Bible will say they don't follow people and they do not even realize or acknowledge that, that is exactly what they are doing.  So that's great because neither do Jehovah's Witnesses, we follow our leader Jesus Christ and what is laid out in the Bible, which is like a letter from Jehovah God.  And you are correct, Jesus' dying is for us, so that we can have our sins forgiven and also have a chance to live forever.  No love is greater than this!!

But since I do not know what you actually believe then I can't really say if it's according to the Bible or not.  It's very important to adhere to what the Bible says.

That's why JW's are at your door knocking because we are doing what Jesus commanded us to do, because we love him and his Father and the fact that Jesus gave his life for us.  

Jesus said at Matt 28:19,20 "Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you. And look! I am with you all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.”

Jesus also said there was no love greater than when someone surrenders his life in behalf of his friends, but we see requirements here, to be Jesus' friend one must do what he tells them says the Bible:

John 15:13,14 "No one has love greater than this, that someone should surrender his life in behalf of his friends. 14 You are my friends if you do what I am commanding you."

Jesus also said that we must remain in union with him. (John 15:4)

So in order to remain in union then any followers of Jesus must also be union with one another.  As we can see from this scripture here:

1 Cor 1:10 "Now I urge you, brothers, through the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you should all speak in agreement and that there should be no divisions among you, but that you may be completely united in the same mind and in the same line of thought."

That scripture helps us to see that ALL must speak in agreement, not just ones in a certain country or area, but ALL of his true followers in the ENTIRE WORLD.

Speaking of the Apostle Paul who penned that scripture, as you seem to be a Bible reader, remember before he became Paul he was called Saul and he use to persecute Christians who belonged to The Way.  He at that time didn't feel the need to belong to The Way, no he was against it, as well as the high priest, he so against it that he went after them relentlessly.  But once he learned that he was wrong, he changed, and he too belonged to The Way and endured persecutions because of it.  

Acts 9:1,2 "But Saul, still breathing threat and murder against the disciples of the Lord, went to the high priest 2 and asked him for letters to the synagogues in Damascus, so that he might bring bound to Jerusalem any whom he found who belonged to The Way, both men and women."

See if those who belonged to The Way were just doing their own thing only on the basis that Jesus had died for them, they would not have been recognized so that Saul was able to find out who they were.  If Jesus and his Father Jehovah meant for everyone to just follow their own course doing what each one saw fit, then there would not even be anything that was referred to as "The Way."  And since Jesus said to Paul when he was on the road "why are you persecuting me" (Acts 9:4,5) then Jesus must have been in approval of all those who belonged to The Way.  And was not in approval of those who did not, as Saul did not and the high priest obviously did not.

The only way that Saul gained approval was that he now belonged to The Way.  As all First Century Christians we as Jehovah's Witnesses do today.  We belong to The Way!  

If you read about the First Century Christians you will see the organization that they all were under.  If they were not an organization, Paul could not have written letters to all those congregations in different regions, like in Corinth, Ephesus, Colossae, etc.  He knew where they were, who they were and how to get in contact with them and what was going on with them.  He sent others to different congregations to help them or correct something that was not right. This is clearly seen throughout the letters that Paul wrote.

Jehovah God, who is Jesus' God and Father, (John 20:17) stated that he would take out of the nations "a people" for his name, ones who were called by his name.  He also stated that there were ones who had lost out on his favor.  God has always had requirements, the Israelites are a clear example of that.  

Jeremiah 7:23 "But I did give them this command: “Obey my voice, and I will become your God, and you will become my people. You must walk in all the way that I command, so that it may go well with you.”’

Unfortunately they did not listen, even when Jehovah sent his prophets to, Jehovah's Witnesses are going to ones, (Luke 10:1; Acts 20:20) but many refuse to listen, just as back then..let's continue reading...

Jeremiah 7:24-26 "But they did not listen or incline their ear; instead, they walked in their own schemes, stubbornly following their wicked heart, and they went backward, not forward, 25 from the day your forefathers came out of the land of Egypt until this day. So I kept sending all my servants the prophets to you, sending them each day, again and again. 26 But they refused to listen to me, and they did not incline their ear. Instead, they were stubborn, and they acted worse than their forefathers!"

As we can see the Kingdom of God was taken from them and given to a nation producing its fruits.  

Matt 21:43 "This is why I say to you, the Kingdom of God will be taken from you and be given to a nation producing its fruits."

Acts 15:14 "Sym′e·on has related thoroughly how God for the first time turned his attention to the nations to take out of them a people for his name."

Acts 15:17 "so that the men who remain may earnestly seek Jehovah, together with people of all the nations, people who are called by my name, says Jehovah, who is doing these things,"

The Bible clearly helps us to see that being a follower of Jesus and a worshiper of Jehovah God entails complete unity with all, and there cannot be any unity without organization, as God is a God not of disorder and all things are done by arrangement.

1 Cor 14:33 "For God is a God not of disorder but of peace.
As in all the congregations of the holy ones,"  

1 Cor. 14:40 "But let all things take place decently and by arrangement."

For this to be done, there has to be order, which is the root word for organize and/or organization.

Jesus said that many will perform great acts in his name, and prophecy in his name, which means they must have believed in Jesus, but ask yourself since they believed in Jesus and did these great things, why would Jesus say this to them?

Matt 7:22-23 "Many will say to me in that day: ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them: ‘I never knew you! Get away from me, you workers of lawlessness!’

That helps you to see that not all who have belief in Jesus is approved by him or his Father!  Jesus said it's the ones who are doing the will of his Father (Matt 7:21)

Jehovah's Witnesses are the only ones who strictly adhere to The Way in our day, and any who want to be included in the blessings that Jehovah has instore, need to as well.

Zechariah 8:23 "...“We want to go with you, for we have heard that God is with you people.”

Jesus said there are two roads, not three, four, or more, but only two, one road is narrow with few finding it that leads to life and one road is spacious with many on it that leads to destruction (Matt 7:13,14) Every person is on one of those two roads.  If a person isn't on Jesus' side he said they are against him, (Luke 11:23) one can not eat from the table of God and from the table of demons. (1 Cor. 10:20-22)

There is just one lord, one Faith, one baptism, one true God. All faiths do not lead to the true God, our worship to God must be in truth to be acceptable! As you may know many different faiths that claim to be Christian have many different teachings, even ones of the same faith that claim to be Christian have different teachings according to where they live, or how their priest sees things.

John 17:3 "This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ."

Eph 4:5,6 "one Lord, one faith, one baptism; 6 one God and Father of all,..."

John 4:24 "God is a Spirit, and those worshipping him must worship with spirit and truth.”

And I assure you, one cannot just join, you do not have to worry about that. However, we do not go to Church, we attend the Kingdom Hall.  If you were to study with the ones who knock at your door who are called Jehovah's Witnesses, then you will have a better understanding of how and why we are all united followers of Jesus.  Studying gives you a choice to decide....but at least you will know both sides of things.  Just like in court, you have to know both sides before a decision is made.  Learn that, you are free to stop anytime you want.  But it's best to make sure of all things for yourself, you can't go on what you read online or what other people say!  

1 Thes 5:21 "Make sure of all things;..."

Sister T  

Jehovah`s Witness

Sister T

Please click here--> For your Free Home Bible Study

I can answer questions related to Jehovah's Witnesses and the Bible. I love learning the truth from the Bible and helping others to learn that truth as well. I don't know everything but will answer from the Bible, I like to use illustrations as well to help a person relate to what is being said. The Bible has the last say so over any person.

I am an active baptized Jehovah's Witness and Jehovah is Almighty God,(Ps. 83:18) and his Son Jesus Christ died so that everyone exercising faith in him may not be destroyed but have everlasting life. (John 3:16). I support my fellow Witnesses on this board who are real, and Jehovah's worldwide visible organization, including the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses. As God is not a God of disorder, and there could not be order if there were not ones to take the lead. Taking the lead and having a leader is not the same, our leader is Jesus Christ, and in order to have unity and order, there has to be arrangements in place. As the first century Christians had, there were men taking the lead, (Acts 6:1-6) as with Moses, (Exodus 18:21) and in our day, in following with Bible truths, we do the same. When people twist that around to us worshiping men, it is just a straight out lie! Why would the Scripture at 1 Tim. 3:1-10, 12, 13 give the criteria for men reaching out for an office of overseer if that was not meant to be? (Phil 1:1, Acts 20:17, 28, Eph. 4:11, 12, 2 Cor. 3:4-6). If we were not supposed to have men who take the lead, why was this scripture penned? James 5:14-15 "Is there anyone sick among YOU? Let him call the older men of the congregation to [him], and let them pray over him, greasing [him] with oil in the name of Jehovah. 15 And the prayer of faith will make the indisposed one well, and Jehovah will raise him up. Also, if he has committed sins, it will be forgiven him."

If you have legit questions and want to know the truth, please ask, but if you are here to spread your lies and twists of the scriptures or get your falsehoods out, you may get rejected! The truth is from the Bible, if what you say does not harmonize with the Bible then what you say is wrong! Context and other scriptures help determine scriptures that may stump us, let scripture interpret scripture. The Bible does not contradict itself, so if what you are being taught or if what you are teaching makes it seem like the Bible is contradictory, remember it's not the Bible it's the man-made teaching! Doctrines of men! Mark 7:6, 7 "He said to them: “Isaiah aptly prophesied about YOU hypocrites, as it is written, ‘This people honor me with [their] lips, but their hearts are far removed from me. 7 It is in vain that they keep worshiping me, because they teach as doctrines commands of men." (also Romans 10:2, 3)

Matthew 24:14 says "And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come." We are doing that today, we are living in times of Bible Prophecy and as a Jehovah's Witness, we have the privilege to be apart of a prophecy spoken by Jesus himself! The good news of the Kingdom. Ask yourself, what kingdom? then read Daniel 2:44! It's a real government. Take heed now! Listening to men over God will mean your life.(Prov 3:5,6, Ps. 146:3) A lie will never become truth, No matter how long or how many people say it or speak it. Learn what the Bible really teaches, seek out Jehovah's ways, serving God in truth is only acceptable to him,(John 4:23, 24) you can not be serving God acceptably if what you believe is a lie! Pray for understanding and ask Jehovah to search your heart and draw you! (John 6:44, 65) Now is the time to be with the people who are called by Jehovah's name! (Acts 15:14, 17, Isa. 43:7, 10, Zech 8:23)