Jehovah`s Witness/Why should I follow any man? I don't think so!!

Hello Pearl

I have ask another on the site the same question.
Not that this should be a problem, however just making you aware.

When I think of the work that Jesus done on the cross, to draw mankind back to God.
Nailing mans kinds sin to the cross ( all mans kinds sin )
I just thing how much God really loves us.
John 3v16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
To allow such a cruel death of Jesus to bring me in union with Him.
I have never felt so much love in all my life.
By someone I never knew.
33 And to love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love his neighbour as himself, is more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices.
Tree is many scriptures that repeat this as am sure you yourself know.

I am so grateful to God, sending Jesus and it was His Blood that was final, not like the Old Testament with the blood of Goats, birds,and everything that had blood.
Am just so grateful for Jesus Christ.
He paid for All mankind..

How Pearl
I have had Jws at my door saying!
Satan is confusing me and am not following the right people!!
Am not into following people!
More to the out pouring of the Holy Spirt.
God is no respecter of persons, as the bible clearly states.
If an Ass can be used! As stated in the bible.
I think I can be used!

But the Jws believe that I follow the devil!
Because am not in their Church setting.

Am not is believer in following man.
Only the one who died for my sins .

Can you explain why the Jws have this mindset that I must join their church setting?
I understand it's good to have fellowship with other believers!
But I have read and heard many things not just about Jws!
But about other groups.
However this site is about Jws
Which is my question.

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question.
Best regards to you

Hello "Whosoever",
Yes, I am aware that Jws think that you must belong to their group so that you are not following the devil.
Jesus told us the way we need to worship, at John 4:23...
"23 Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father
   in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks."

So we see that the place is not so important, as believing what is true from God's Words in the Bible. Jesus said....
"Sanctify them by means of the truth. Your word is truth." (John17:17)

But so many claim to know the truth, and yet so many argue about what the Bible really means.
How can we find the true meaning of the many things in the Bible? How does God teach us the right interpretation?

Well, this is a big question, because the sources of education from God, occur in steps. Each step has it's own source.

First step: THE BIBLE  
         Divine education begins with the scriptures (the Bible).
         Can the Bible really be the place where we are learning from God Himself?
         2Tim.3:16,17 answers that:
"All Scripture is inspired of God and beneficial for teaching, for reproving, for setting things straight, for disciplining in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be fully competent, completely equipped for every good work."

Did you notice that "all scripture" is inspired (comes) from God?
         How do we know that everything in the Bible is true?
See Numbers 23:19a & John17:17....

19 "God is not a man that he should tell lies,
Neither a son of mankind that he should feel regret."

17 Sanctify them by means of the truth; your word is truth.

From these two scriptures we see that we can depend upon the BIBLE for divine
         education, which is totally true.

These three scriptures from the Bible, show us that divine education starts with the
  Bible. God only teaches truth. The only place to find that truth, is not with men, but
  is in the Bible. Therefore, as you will notice, all my answers will come from there.
  Without the Bible, "divine education" is not possible.

So to get back to our point..."Where". The first step to receiving divine education starts with the Bible.

Second step: PRAYER  

Once we have the Bible, we need to ask God for the blessing of understanding it.
  That blessing is delivered by His spirit.

See Luke 11:9,10,13; Matt.16:17....

Luke11:9 "Accordingly I say to YOU, Keep on asking, and it will be given YOU; keep on seeking, and YOU will find; keep on knocking, and it will be opened to YOU. 10 For everyone asking receives, and everyone seeking finds, and to everyone knocking it will be opened. 13 Therefore, if YOU, although being wicked, know how to give good gifts to YOUR children, how much more so will the Father in heaven give holy spirit to those asking him!”

Matt.16:17 In response Jesus said to him: “Happy you are, Simon son of Jo´nah, because flesh and blood did not reveal [it] to you, but my Father who is in the heavens did."

Since we depend upon God to have the truth of the Bible revealed to us, we need to
   ask Him for that understanding.

Third step:  Finding the channel God is using to teach others.

Is it true that God uses those He chooses, that these will have greater understanding
   of his truths, that they may teach others who seek it? Let's see what the Bible says
   about this...
2Chron.16:9; Isa.43:10,21; 1Pet.2:9; Matt.5:14,15,16; Luke 8:10;
   1Tim.4:16; 1John2:20,27; Isa.52:11; Matt.7:15,20......

2Chron.16:9 "For the eyes of the Lord range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him."

Isa.43:10-12,21 “YOU are my witnesses,” is the utterance of Jehovah, “even my servant whom I have chosen, in order that YOU may know and have faith in me, and that YOU may understand that I am the same One. Before me there was no God formed, and after me there continued to be none.  I—I am Jehovah, and besides me there is no savior.” I myself have told forth and have saved and have caused [it] to be heard, when there was among YOU no strange [god]. So YOU are my witnesses,” is the utterance of Jehovah, “and I am God. give drink to my people, my chosen,
21 the people I formed for myself that they may proclaim my praise."

1Pet.2:9 "But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light."
    From Isa.43:10-12,21; you may notice that God "chooses" witnesses for himself.
         (see how 1Pet.2:9 compares to Isa.43:21)
         (both groups chosen by God to declare God's praise and teach about Him.)
         To these who have faith, he gives understanding of who He is, and makes them,
         His priests. These ones understand that God is the only Saviour.
         He causes these "chosen" ones to "hear" these truths,
         as long as they are not busy worshiping any other god.
         These ones are chosen to become his "witnesses" and His priests.

When we think of that word "witness", we may think of a courtroom. Only the   
  "witnesses" in a trial really know the truth. This is the same. God hand picks these
  witness servants of His, Himself. They are also called, "Chosen Ones", because they
  are His Chosen Witnesses. As witnesses, they need to testify to the truth they know.

Matt.5:14 “YOU are the light of the world. A city cannot be hid when situated upon a mountain. 15 People light a lamp and set it, not under the measuring basket, but upon the lampstand, and it shines upon all those in the house. 16 Likewise let YOUR light shine before men, that they may see YOUR fine works and give glory to YOUR Father who is in the heavens."

This is also speaking of God's chosen witnesses. Here we see that without them, the
    world would not have the light of truth from God. These ones are to work to shine
    that light.

At Luke8:10 Jesus said:
“To YOU it is granted to understand the sacred secrets of the kingdom of God, but for the rest it is in illustrations, in order that, though looking, they may look in vain and, though hearing, they may not get the meaning."

Here, Jesus was talking to some of those chosen witnesses. We see again, that while
   these are given understanding from God, others who try to understand, can not.

1Tim.4:16 reads:
"Pay constant attention to yourself and to your teaching. Stay by these things, for by doing this you will save both yourself and those who listen to you."

We see that those chosen witnesses, need to take their job seriously. If they do,
   they save themselves (because they are obeying God and doing their job), and they
   also save others who "listen" to them. (Matt.10:40,41,42; John13:20; 7:38)

Yet, you may wonder how these chosen ones get the knowledge and understanding, in
   order to teach others. See 1John2:20,27:

1John.2:20,27 reads:
"And YOU have an anointing from the holy one; all of YOU have knowledge. 27 And as for YOU, the anointing that YOU received from him remains in YOU, and YOU do not need anyone to be teaching YOU; but, as the anointing from him is teaching YOU about all things, and is true and is no lie, and just as it has taught YOU, remain in union with him."

Here we see that an "anointing" happens for these chosen ones, and that "anointing"
    is what "teaches" them about "all things". These chosen witnesses are therefore also
    called, "anointed" ones. "Anointed" means "chosen" for a special job. In order to
    keep doing that job, and keep learning truth, we also see that these ones need to
    stay in union with that "holy one" (Jesus) who gave them their anointing.
This next scripture at John15:4,5 helps to see this need even clearer...
Jesus said:
"Remain in union in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me. I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing."
    In John chapter 15, Jesus explains that the Chosen anointed priests, must remain
    "in union with Jesus", just as the branches of a grapevine are attached to the root
    and main stem. How else can a branch "produce fruit"? These chosen priests are
    obligated to God to produce this fruit. Otherwise, they are being unfaithful
    (John15:1,2,8; Matt.7:19).
    They can only produce fruit, if Jesus gives them
    Holy Spirit....just like a vine gives sap to it's branches (Rom.11:16,17).

If you would like to learn about this fruit that God's priests make to feed
    people's spirits,(Mal.2:7)
    you can read: (
    But for holy spirit to continue to be given to these priestly branches, these Chosen
    Ones must also remain clean and holy (1Pet.1:15,16).
    This is why the Bible tells them:

Isa.52:11 "Turn away, turn away, get out of there, touch nothing unclean; get out from
the midst of HER, keep yourselves clean, YOU who are carrying the utensils of Jehovah."

Here we see that those who are "carrying the utensils of Jehovah"
    (priests), must keep themselves spiritually clean, in order to keep working
    with those utensils (tools of truth), and "stay in union with that holy one".
    You may notice that being "in the midst of her", is what makes them dirty
    (and makes them lose their gift of continuing knowledge). (1Cor.6:15,16,17)
       Who is this dirty woman whose contact causes the anointed ones to fail?
       That is a different subject. But if you revisit my articles, you will find out.
    Next we need to ask this question....How can we find these chosen anointed witnesses?
    Also, how can we tell them apart from those who claim to be these chosen priests, but
    are not?

Matt.7:15 reads:
“Be on the watch for the false prophets that come to YOU in sheep’s covering, but inside they are ravenous wolves. 20 Really, then, by their fruits YOU will recognize those [men]".

Here we see Jesus telling us that the only way to tell the difference between the
    true teachers and the false, is by their "fruits". To learn all about what this means
    you can read that article,

Notice that God never promised to direct a corporate organization or
    a religious group like Jw's by His spirit. Rather,
    Jesus spoke of these "trees" as being individual anointed ones,
    who provide "fruit" as spiritual food.
    There is NO appointment of a religious corporation by God's spirit.
    This counterfeit priesthood and "mountain-like" organization of "Jehovah's Witnesses",
    was prophesied about, but not in a good way.

(Rev.8:8; Rev.6:16,14; Zech.4:7; Eze.44:6,7,8,9; 2Chron.13:9; Rev.11:2; Matt.24:15,16).
    If one remembers Isa.2:2 about God's true mountain,
    then one must also consider Isa.2:3. This mountain is clearly identified
    as heavenly Mt. Zion, consisting of Christ and the 144000 (Rev.14:1);
    not a man-made organization or religion of this world, largely directed by
    and consisting of those not chosen for the job of anointed priest.
      The true Mt. Zion will be established, "in the final part of the days".  
    Mt. Zion (Heavenly Jerusalem Heb.12:22) will be revealed when the true manifestation
    of the kingdom arrives (Rom.8:19; Rev.21:2). Plainly, the mountain-like organization
    of "Jehovah's Witnesses", is not Heavenly Jerusalem!
    Therefore, it is not the mountain spoken of at Isa.2:2,3,4.
To learn more about this...

So, now we have learned...
what divine teaching is (from God), and
where to find it (the Bible). We have also learned who God gives understanding to, and how he gives it (first to the chosen anointed priests, and then they give it to others ("fruit").

The "chosen witnesses" get it by being "anointed", and by staying attached to Jesus, so he will keep giving them Holy Spirit to make more fruit to feed people true knowledge about Him.
He works with each of his Chosen branches....not with Churches, Religions, or Organizations.
Jesus also taught us how to tell the good, true anointed witnesses God Himself has chosen
to serve Him as priests,
from the false teachers who do not make good fruit from holy spirit.
These make rotten fruit that is made with lies
(Matt.7:15,16,17,18,19,20; 12:33,34,35,36,37; John7:16,17,18)

So next let's learn, why divine teaching and learning is necessary for us.

Divine Education: Why Necessary?

Do you think we could ever learn what God wants of us, if we did not have divine teaching?
Could we ever enjoy all of God's blessings, if we didn't learn about Him?
Lets find out. We will be looking at 2Tim.3:15; John17:3; Isa.48:17,18; 1John2:17

"You, however, continue in the things that you learned and were persuaded to believe, knowing from what persons you learned them 15 and that from infancy you have known the holy writings, which are able to make you wise for salvation through the faith in connection with Christ Jesus."
  Here we see that by means of the "holy writings" (Bible), we can be made
  "wise for salvation" (smart for being saved). Without learning the Bible,
  we will not be smart for getting "saved".
  "Saved" is talking about saving our eternal life.

John17:3 "This means eternal life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ."

Notice here too, that in order to get "everlasting life", we need that divine          
   education. This means that if we don't get divine education so that we are
   "wise for salvation", the only life we will get, is this life we have now.
   We will not live eternally, or, forever. This helps answer "WHY" we need divine education.
But even now, divine education can help us have a better life.

Isa.48:17 "This is what Jehovah has said, your Repurchaser, the Holy One of Israel: “I, Jehovah, am your God, the One teaching you to benefit [yourself], the One causing you to tread in the way in which you should walk. 18 O if only you would actually pay attention to my commandments! Then your peace would become just like a river, and your righteousness like the waves of the sea."

Divine education teaches us to "benefit ourselves". By means of it, we can greatly
   increase our "peace" and "righteousness". That means we will not have to suffer from
   making so many mistakes in life. Although divine education will make our present
   happiness increase, notice something much greater...

1John2:17 reads:
"Furthermore, the world is passing away and so is its desire, but he that does the will of God remains forever."

Once again we see that divine education (if we use what we learn), results in
   eternal life.

Where will that life be? What will that life be like? Who will be there? Ahhhh, all good questions.
But those answers belong to new questions.

Let's review.

By means of the Bible, the source of "divine education", we have learned...
What divine education is,
how we get it,
where we find it,
and why we need it.

Lastly, How does Divine Education compare to other forms of education?
At 1John2:17 we have already seen that those who learn and do God's will, remain forever.
No other education can do that for us, can it?

Our final scripture was written by a very wise King who knew God well. He took a very wise look at life. He wrote about the ways we can spend our life, and the different kinds of knowledge and educations we can chase after, before we finally die. He compared them. Let's read what he had to say...

"before the silver cord is removed, and the golden bowl gets crushed, and the jar at the spring is broken, and the waterwheel for the cistern has been crushed. Then the dust returns to the earth just as it happened to be and the spirit itself returns to the [true] God who gave it.
“The greatest vanity!” said the congregator, “Everything is vanity.”
And besides the fact that the congregator had become wise, he also taught the people knowledge continually, and he pondered and made a thorough search, that he might arrange many proverbs in order. The congregator sought to find the delightful words and the writing of correct words of truth.
The words of the wise ones are like oxgoads, and just like nails driven in are those indulging in collections [of sentences]; they have been given from one shepherd.
As regards anything besides these, my son, take a warning: To the making of many books there is no end, and much devotion [to them] is wearisome to the flesh.
The conclusion of the matter, everything having been heard, is: Fear the [true] God and keep his commandments. For this is the whole [obligation] of man. For the [true] God himself will bring every sort of work into the judgment in relation to every hidden thing, as to whether it is good or bad."

Thank you for writing to me.
I hope you continue to benefit from God's teaching. (Matt.7:7,8)
Love in Christ,
Pearl Doxsey

Jehovah`s Witness

pearl doxsey

PLEASE NOTE THAT MY PROFILE HAS BEEN UPDATED. I have been teaching the Bible since 1976, as well as studying JW publications. I am very familiar with the teachings of the Watchtower. As regards anyone's ability to teach truth, it largely depends upon Holy Spirit. For, without it you have no wisdom or scriptural understanding. I will do my best to assist anyone who asks. I have noticed a couple of warnings about "apostates" within the list of "experts". The definition of "apostate", according to the scriptures, are those who deviate from the truth. Therefore, only the scriptures have the authority to identify such a person (John 17:17). Merely disagreeing with someone in authority, does not constitute true apostasy. Otherwise, Jesus himself would have been an apostate. Jesus' own words afford us ample protection from such wolves. He said, "By their fruits you will recognize those men." Matt.7:17-27. Therefore, by all means, exercise every caution! Your life depends upon you doing so! But Jesus did not give the picture men expect of faithful ones today. He did not point to power, authority, growing numbers, accomplishments, or influence as being the sign of his true anointed disciples (Mark10:42,43; Matt.7:22). He pointed to fine fruit. This would include a love of truth and a clinging to God's word in every teaching (1Peter2:2). This authenticity becomes clear, when teachings are closely examined. So too, are "apostates" revealed, as those who deviate from God's word, or fail to do their utmost, to derive every teaching, from it. (see

I have been a baptized JW for decades. I was enrolled in my Congregation as a regular pioneer, though I did not sign the pledge of allegiance to men on the back of the application. I have read the Bible through many times, had been in the Theocratic Ministry school for decades, and was anointed by Jehovah God, through Jesus Christ, 40 years ago in June. As Organizational doctrine progressively strayed from the scriptures, I made comments during meetings and to Witness friends, including elders. Although I justified all my concerns with scripture, this alone lead to me being disfellowshipped in April, 2012. I continue to consider myself one of Jehovah's true witnesses, because Jehovah himself defines who His witnesses are, at Isa.43:10-12. There He states that they are His "chosen" ones (1Pet.2:9), whom he has called to declare the fact that Jehovah is the only Savior (Isa.43:11)...not men, nor an organization (Psalm146:3). This I faithfully do, and I have been chosen by Him to do so. I accordingly write articles about how the scriptures themselves interpret prophecies which apply to our era. ( The directory of articles can be found in my profile, located there.

I belong to the group chosen and anointed by Jehovah God through Jesus Christ...invited to accept the full course of Christ. If I prove faithful, I hope to belong to the Heavenly Mt. Zion, the Holy City, New Jerusalem.

Publications ....also....

The Scribes and Pharisees took the lead in Jehovah's house of worship in the time of Christ. Jesus had the divine credentials to publicly criticize those men, and he certainly did so. Why? Was he a rebel, only seeking to promote disunity and gain a following for himself? No. Jesus realized how spiritually harmful such leaders are to those who blindly follow them. He was therefore obligated, as were his disciples, to champion scriptural truth; despite the backlash from those in power, and those loyal to those in power. Truth (not power, position, or favor with men), leads to everlasting life. John 17:3,17 The anointed are under obligation to accept the same assignment as Christ. They are divinely commanded, authorized, and qualified to do so.... not by men, but by the truth of the scriptures, and Jehovah's spirit. My education, has been by means of that spirit, as we read..... "And YOU have an anointing from the holy one; all of YOU have knowledge. And as for YOU, the anointing that YOU received from him remains in YOU, and YOU do not need anyone to be teaching YOU; but, as the anointing from him is teaching YOU about all things, and is true and is no lie, and just as it has taught YOU, remain in union with him." 1John2:20,27 Matt.13:55-57; John7:15,16; Acts4:13; John16:13