Jehovah`s Witness/his partners?

Question
QUESTION: Hello sister t,please will you help me out with the answer to this question?          

Heb1:9    You loved righteousness,and you hated lawlessness,that is why God,your God annointed you with the oil of exultation more than your partners.    His partners? is this referring to the apostles and those other brothers who will rule with him in the kingdom.i think it must be,cant be the angels above,i just want to know for sure.thanks sister,and really appreciate you being on this board ,because i find you excellent in your understanding of the scriptures,sincerley hope you dont leave all experts,your one of the strongest,   sincerley   jacqueline

ANSWER: Hello Jacqueline and thank you for writing,

Before I answer I want to thank you for your kind words and encouragement, Jehovah gives understanding and discernment, so he truly gets all the glory.   I will be here until Jehovah says the preaching work is done!

Heb. 1:9 (NWT 2013)  "You loved righteousness, and you hated lawlessness. That is why God, your God, anointed you with the oil of exultation more than your companions.”

Heb. 1:9 is a quote from Psalms 45:7  "You loved righteousness, and you hated wickedness. That is why God, your God, has anointed you with the oil of exultation more than your companions."

You are correct it's not talking about the angels above....and it's not the anointed ones who will go to heaven to rule with Jesus either.  Jesus' "partners" or "companions" were the other Kings in the family line of King David.

Jesus came from the line of Judah and the Kings that were appointed over the Jews were chosen by Jehovah. (1 Sam 16:1,12,13)  Back in Genesis Jacob tells us that Jesus would come from the line of Judah in this prophecy here where he refers to the scepter and commanders staff which are items that belong to a king, so the kingship would not depart from Judah until the one whom it belongs to comes.

Gen. 49:10 "The scepter will not depart from Judah, neither the commander’s staff from between his feet, until Shi′loh comes, and to him the obedience of the peoples will belong. "

(Shi'loh refers to Jesus and means “He Whose It Is; He to Whom It Belongs.)

David was the first King of Judah (2 Samuel 2:1,4) and Zedekiah was the last king of Judah on earth. (Jer. 21:7; Ezek 21:12,13,24,25)  The prophecy from Jacob spoke of a king after Zedekiah, and through the prophet Ezekiel God told Zedekiah that this king (Jesus) is the one who has the legal right to rule as King over the earth.

Ezek 21:26,27  "This is what the Sovereign Lord Jehovah says: ‘Remove the turban, and take off the crown. This will not remain the same. Raise up the low one, and bring low the high one. 27 A ruin, a ruin, a ruin I will make it. And it will not belong to anyone until the one who has the legal right comes, and I will give it to him.’

So after Zedekiah the kingship would not belong to anyone until the one who has the LEGAL right comes and He will give it to him.  We can see this is speaking about Jesus from what the angel Gabriel told Mary regarding Jesus:

Luke 1:32,33  "This one will be great and will be called Son of the Most High, and Jehovah God will give him the throne of David his father, 33 and he will rule as King over the house of Jacob forever, and there will be no end to his Kingdom.”

Jesus was from the tribe of Judah and from the family line of David. And after Zedekiah, Jesus was the only one in the family of David to whom Jehovah promised the right to be king.  (Matthew 1:1-3, 6; Luke 3:23, 31-34)

So more than any of them, the former Kings in the family line of David, Jesus has a reason for intense joy or exultation for being anointed as King because his reward is far greater and will have infinite benefits to his subjects than theirs (his partners) did.  Jesus was rewarded because his love of righteousness and hatred of wickedness moved him to obey God in all things.

Just to add:  It would not be the anointed ones who rule with Jesus as kings and priests because those are referred to as Jesus' brothers, as they became heirs with Jesus and are called the children of God, since Jesus is God's son, and they become God's children, and heirs, they would be considered as his brothers.

Romans 8:15-17  "For you did not receive a spirit of slavery causing fear again, but you received a spirit of adoption as sons, by which spirit we cry out: “Abba, Father!” 16 The spirit itself bears witness with our spirit that we are God’s children. 17 If, then, we are children, we are also heirs—heirs indeed of God, but joint heirs with Christ—provided we suffer together so that we may also be glorified together."

Heb. 2:11, 17 "For both the one who is sanctifying and those who are being sanctified all stem from one, and for this reason he is not ashamed to call them brothers,"  17  Consequently, he had to become like his “brothers” in all respects, so that he could become a merciful and faithful high priest in things relating to God, in order to offer a propitiatory sacrifice for the sins of the people."

(Also see Matt 12:50; Romans 8:29)

Hope that helped.

Have a great day!

Sister T

JW.org

QUESTION: hi sister t, wow,that is it,amazing,every time i come on the site i always learn something new.its just so clear now,thanks for putting me straight.i really appreciate your time in this regard,take care    jacqueline

Answer
Hi Jacqueline,

You are very welcome, I am so glad I was able to help.  And you know what is also amazing?  Jehovah God and his son Jesus Christ and all that they have done and are doing so that interested ones can have a chance to life forever right here on earth in paradise conditions!  That reality is only moments away now.  Jehovah will soon step in and take control of what is rightfully His.  A time for rejoicing for his true servants.   

It's so good to ask questions and be able to get the Bible's answers on things as the Bible is in perfect harmony from cover to cover, all scriptures are inspired of God (2 Tim 3:16,17).  I am always learning too and seeing more and more how awe-inspiring Jehovah God really is.   Keep up your interest in our Father as we will never stop learning from Him, now and into eternity.  

I'm glad it's clear to you Jacqueline, I hope you have a nice day and thanks again for writing!  Take care!

Sister T

JW.org

Jehovah`s Witness

Sister T