Jehovah`s Witness/Will some Never Be Saved?

Question
How do I explain to a non-witness that the Bible Does Says That Some Will Never Be Saved, without sounding like some people are bound by fate,fatalism or destiny with study point 33? rs p. 358

Answer
Hi and thanks for writing,

God's word the Bible helps us to see that Jehovah has requirements, and if we love God, we will be happy to keep his requirements or commandments.  As it brings out in 1 John 5:3 that the love of God means keeping his commandments.

Along with keeping those commandments we have to remember that it's the ones who endure to the end that will be saved as brought out in Matt 24:13.  So that leads us to the question, since only the ones who endure to the end will be saved, will there be ones who will not be saved and if so where in the Bible does it show this?

The Bible helps us to see that there are sins that incurs the second death.  Which there is no resurrection from, like blaspheming against Jehovah's holy spirit. (Matt 12:31)

At Rev 21:8 it says: "But as for the cowards and those without faith and those who are disgusting in their filth and murderers and the sexually immoral and those practicing spiritism and idolaters and all the liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur. This means the second death.”

Here in Revelations we see it says "those practicing", this helps us to see that it's a choice that is being made regarding the doing of something over and over again or deliberately.  If a person willfully practices these things, then they will not be saved. (Heb. 10:26; Heb. 6:4-6)

Also Matt 7:13,14 "Go in through the narrow gate, because broad is the gate and spacious is the road leading off into destruction, and many are going in through it; 14 whereas narrow is the gate and cramped the road leading off into life, and few are finding it."

At Matt it's admonishes people to go in through the narrow gate, because it leads to life, and few are finding it, helping us to see that it's up to the person to make an effort to find the road that leads to life, but the spacious road leads into destruction, and many are going through it.  That helps us to see that it's a choice that each person has to make regarding which road they will be on.

2 Thes 1:9 "These very ones will undergo the judicial punishment of everlasting destruction from before the Lord and from the glory of his strength,"

"These very ones" refer to the ones who do not obey the good news about our lord Jesus Christ, so here we can see that in each scripture there are ones who are not saved and it's because of their own choice to not obey Jehovah.

Jehovah puts these warnings in the Bible for us because he does not desire any to be destroyed but wants all to repent (2 Peter 3:9)

But along with that, since everyone has free will, they can choose to not repent and they can decide for themselves if they do or do not want to obey God.  Jehovah being our creator has the right to decide what is right and what is wrong according to his will.  But Jehovah is a loving God and all his ways are righteous and for our benefit.  People are being warned now so that they can learn what God requires of us, and the ones who listen will be saved and the ones who do not will not be saved.  It's our choice.

Hope that helps...

Have a good day,

Sister T  

Jehovah`s Witness

Sister T