Jehovah`s Witness/exercising faith

QUESTION: Hello Sister T.

Can you tell me how you exercise faith in Jesus and how this is different than believing? My bible and all the others I've looked at don't use the term 'exercising faith'. I even looked up the Greek word for 'believe' in Strongs dictionary and found no meaning for exercising faith. Is this what the bible really teaches? If so, why do all the others not say this? I also understand the difference between believing someone exists and believing in them. The Devil believes that Jesus exists, he just doesn't put his trust in Jesus.

Thank You Kevin.

ANSWER: Hello Kevin,

Well for one thing, exercising faith and just believing are two different things, so if you look up "believe" in Strong's there should not be anything about "exercising faith" because they are two different things.  And therefore need to be look up separately.  So that's probably why you are so confused because you want to fuse two things together that are different.

Belief in knowing someone exists and having faith in that person is not the same either, as Satan and his demons believe that Jehovah created all things through his son Jesus because they were present, yet they do not have faith in Jehovah's way of ruling people. And they do not exercise faith in Jehovah's purpose for this earth or mankind by obeying him.

You can believe something but if your actions do not show that you have that belief by obeying what Jesus said; then what good will your believing be?  Satan's believing doesn't help him and neither will it help anyone else, just because they believe only.

People believed in Jesus and expelled demons and performed many powerful works in Jesus' name.  This shows that they believed in him, they even exercised that belief, otherwise they wouldn't have used his name at all.  Yetinstill, Jesus said he never knew them and to get away from him, and he called them workers of lawlessness (Matt 7:22,23).  

Exercising faith means exactly what the Bible writer James said, and helps differentiate between the lie that churches teach that all that is needed is to believe only, from what the Bible teaches believing is vital and if you really believe then your actions will show it because you will obey God's commandments as laid out in the Bible, not as laid out from some man who may teach things that aren't even in the Bible.

That's why it's important to have knowledge that's correct from the Bible.

Romans 10:2,3 (KJV) "2 For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge. 3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God."

Again what good is having zeal for God if it's not according to what is laid out in the Bible, which again is in complete harmony from cover to cover.

Have you heard the saying actions speak louder than words?  If your actions do not show that you believe in Jesus by you obeying him the way he commanded, not the way you think or feel then that belief is as good as dead.

James 2:14 (KJV)"What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?"

James 2:17,18 (KJV) "Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.  18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works."

Exercising faith means a person is doing the will of God...doing it the way he said to.

Matt 7:21 (KJV) "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven."

James 1:22 (KJV) "But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves."  

If you think believing is enough and you don't need to be a doer, then like James said, you are deceiving your own self.

Take care,

Sister T

QUESTION: So how do you personally  exercise faith Jesus?  Can you give me some examples so I can better understand?
I looked up the Greek word for believe  because that's the word God used in John 3:16 and many other verses. He never said we needed to exercise our faith or earn His love.

Hello Kevin,

You are still mixing up two separate things.  

Exercising faith is what James said, showing your faith by your works....if you truly believe in God then your actions will show it by the way you live your life.

Personally, I strive to do the will of God as laid out in the Bible, (see scriptures below) just as the first century Christians did.  Not according to man made teachings that are not in the Bible and make no sense.  By the way I live my life, study the Bible, pray to Jehovah, attend meetings, teach others what God requires of us.  I'm not better than anyone else, no I'm actually a servant to others.  That's why I'm on here serving you now.  I do my best to live according to Bible principles and to show love.  It's a privilege to be a close friend to Jehovah, to be known by God, to have inner joy and peace is something that no human can give you.

The Bible says that if you love God you will obey his commandments (1 John 5:3)

Jesus said you are his friends if you do what he commands (John 15:14)

Jesus said he only does what he sees his father do (John 5:19)

God said we must worship with Truth (John 4:24)

What are some commandments:

Jesus said go make disciples, teaching people all he commanded (Matt 28:19,20)

Jehovah's Witnesses do this the world over

Jesus said the Good news about God's Kingdom would be preached in all the inhabited earth (Matt 24:14)

Jehovah's Witnesses are doing this the earth wide.

The Bible says you must not learn war anymore, (Isaiah 2:4) Jesus said those who kill with the sword will die by the sword (Matt 26:52)

Jehovah's Witnesses do not go to war and/or kill other people just because they live in another country.

Jesus said to love your neighbor as yourself (Mark 12:31)

Jehovah's Witnesses practice this the world over.

Jesus said we must love Jehovah with our whole soul (Mark 12:29)

Jehovah's Witnesses love Jehovah, we do not subscribe to Satan's lie that Jesus is Almighty God, there is only One Jehovah, Jesus is his son!  We love them both, but we know the difference between the Father and the son.  Our worship is to go to the only true God Jehovah as Jesus said (Matt 4:10; John 17:3)

The Bible says we are to all speak in agreement. (1 Cor. 1:10)

Jehovah's Witnesses do this the world over.

Jehovah said not to use idols (1 John 5:21)

Jehovah's Witnesses do not use idols the world over.

There are other things that we are to not practice as brought out in 1 Cor. 6:9,10.

The bible says that we should gather together to incite to love (Heb 10:24,25)

We don't participate in the disgusting so called holy days that are simply renamed pagan rituals. We serve Jehovah with exclusive devotion because we truly love him.

We study the Bible for ourselves and read it daily and strive to live according to it as best we can.

Our leader is Jesus Christ and we are followers of him (1 Peter 2:21: Eph. 1:22)

Jehovah draws close to those who humbly do what he asks of them. “Obey my voice,” he told the Israelites, “and I will become your God, and you yourselves will become my people.” (Jeremiah 7:23) If you obey Jehovah, you too can become his friend!

If you want to think that God does not have requirements and no matter what you do, just as long as you believe in Jesus, and he will be all right with it then you are in for a big surprise.  God will not and does work that way and if you read the Bible for yourself, you will see that.

Take Care

Sister T  

Jehovah`s Witness

Sister T

Please click here--> For your Free Home Bible Study

I can answer questions related to Jehovah's Witnesses and the Bible. I love learning the truth from the Bible and helping others to learn that truth as well. I don't know everything but will answer from the Bible, I like to use illustrations as well to help a person relate to what is being said. The Bible has the last say so over any person.

I am an active baptized Jehovah's Witness and Jehovah is Almighty God,(Ps. 83:18) and his Son Jesus Christ died so that everyone exercising faith in him may not be destroyed but have everlasting life. (John 3:16). I support my fellow Witnesses on this board who are real, and Jehovah's worldwide visible organization, including the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses. As God is not a God of disorder, and there could not be order if there were not ones to take the lead. Taking the lead and having a leader is not the same, our leader is Jesus Christ, and in order to have unity and order, there has to be arrangements in place. As the first century Christians had, there were men taking the lead, (Acts 6:1-6) as with Moses, (Exodus 18:21) and in our day, in following with Bible truths, we do the same. When people twist that around to us worshiping men, it is just a straight out lie! Why would the Scripture at 1 Tim. 3:1-10, 12, 13 give the criteria for men reaching out for an office of overseer if that was not meant to be? (Phil 1:1, Acts 20:17, 28, Eph. 4:11, 12, 2 Cor. 3:4-6). If we were not supposed to have men who take the lead, why was this scripture penned? James 5:14-15 "Is there anyone sick among YOU? Let him call the older men of the congregation to [him], and let them pray over him, greasing [him] with oil in the name of Jehovah. 15 And the prayer of faith will make the indisposed one well, and Jehovah will raise him up. Also, if he has committed sins, it will be forgiven him."

If you have legit questions and want to know the truth, please ask, but if you are here to spread your lies and twists of the scriptures or get your falsehoods out, you may get rejected! The truth is from the Bible, if what you say does not harmonize with the Bible then what you say is wrong! Context and other scriptures help determine scriptures that may stump us, let scripture interpret scripture. The Bible does not contradict itself, so if what you are being taught or if what you are teaching makes it seem like the Bible is contradictory, remember it's not the Bible it's the man-made teaching! Doctrines of men! Mark 7:6, 7 "He said to them: “Isaiah aptly prophesied about YOU hypocrites, as it is written, ‘This people honor me with [their] lips, but their hearts are far removed from me. 7 It is in vain that they keep worshiping me, because they teach as doctrines commands of men." (also Romans 10:2, 3)

Matthew 24:14 says "And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come." We are doing that today, we are living in times of Bible Prophecy and as a Jehovah's Witness, we have the privilege to be apart of a prophecy spoken by Jesus himself! The good news of the Kingdom. Ask yourself, what kingdom? then read Daniel 2:44! It's a real government. Take heed now! Listening to men over God will mean your life.(Prov 3:5,6, Ps. 146:3) A lie will never become truth, No matter how long or how many people say it or speak it. Learn what the Bible really teaches, seek out Jehovah's ways, serving God in truth is only acceptable to him,(John 4:23, 24) you can not be serving God acceptably if what you believe is a lie! Pray for understanding and ask Jehovah to search your heart and draw you! (John 6:44, 65) Now is the time to be with the people who are called by Jehovah's name! (Acts 15:14, 17, Isa. 43:7, 10, Zech 8:23)