Jehovah`s Witness/Hi DW

Question
Hi DW

If what you say about the bible being understood logically is true then how are we to understand verses such as the one below?

"For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts"

I'm not saying that you are wrong I'm just curious as to how you  explain such verses

God Bless

Answer
Hi again mate

Thanks for writing.

You know again it's very logical to believe scriptures like these without having to put implications on the verse and cause a domino affect to illogical reasoning.

Think about creation as just one example even the most "incredible" brains in science don't know how gravity works there's theories of course but they all argue over which theory is correct. They don't know how the sun regenerates, they don't know how to animate something to life, men copy creation to invent things such as aeroplanes and attempt to make cold light such as fireflies have. There's thousands upon thousands upon thousands of example of how we can logically apply these kinds of scriptures, just in nature and our universe alone.

How about the depth of mercy God shows to his creation, his forgiveness, his gift of the ransom and what he allowed his son to suffer for me and you, how he knows we are dust yet wants a relationship with us, again the list is endless. Verses like these do not give us license to add things to the bible such as we can get to pick and choose logic, based on these kind of verses.

You know but let's really flip the argument here. Let's do a hypothetical.

Let's imagine we started with an assumption that Jesus was not eternal based on this verse here.

Col 1:

15 "He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation"

So we said this verse logically tells Jesus was created.

Then someone said :well no because look at this verse in Isa 55:9 it shows that God's ways are higher than our ways so "firstborn of creation" means eternal"

Now I could say to them well no we can ignore that verse logically because Col 1:15 say's Jesus is created.

What stops me saying that?? What stops me choosing what I want to read logically and what I don't??

Do you see the importance and the wisdom of being able to understand each verse logically??

The problem with Christendom is someone told them years ago that there's a trinity a mystery and they stick to that assumption no matter what! No matter what!

Hence they end up in spiritual darkness all divided and trying to put their personal interpretation on the bible rather then letting the bible interpret itself and understanding it along with logic and reasoning!!

So christendom simply have to spread false beliefs such as we get to pick and choose where to use logic and where not too and we get to decide which verses are out of date and which aren't.

Logically it is absolutely crystal clear that christendom are false. What this all boils down too is if we are humble enough to accept it and change our ways.

Follow up if you need

Take Care

Jw.org

Jehovah`s Witness

Bro DW