Jehovah`s Witness/Who is your Savior?

Question
Hello again Sister T.

I noticed that the NW translation says that whoever calls on the name Jehovah will be saved. I also read that Jesus is the Savior through out the new testament. Are there two Saviors? If so, which one is yours? Do you accept Jesus as your personal Savior or only Jehovah or both?

Regarding the word 'saved' what does this mean to you? Does it mean making it to paradise earth and avoiding death at Armageddon or making it through the 1000 yrs? The bible mentions over and over about being saved. God the Father says we are saved through grace and not by works. If you believe you are saved by exercising faith, how much is enough? I don't recall any amount of works needed to  qualify for salvation.

Thanks again Kevin.

Answer
Hello Kevin,

The Bible shows that Jehovah God the Father, sent his son Jesus to die for humans so that they can be saved from the death that Adam passed on to all humans. (John 3:16)

So they are both saviors because Jehovah SENT his son, and his son was willing to come and die for us.

John 13:16 (KJV) "Verily, verily, I say unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him."

Jehovah and Jesus work together, because Jehovah put in to place a means for us to be saved, makes him our savior.  And Jesus coming down here and living as a human and dying for us makes him our savior.  

Isaiah 43:3 (KJV) "For I am the LORD (Jehovah) thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour: I gave Egypt for thy ransom, Ethiopia and Seba for thee."

(Parenthesis mine, as you know LORD in all caps means Jehovah which many Bible translations treacherously removed God's name)

2 Peter 1:11 (KJV) "For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ."

Here's a scripture showing that they both are our saviors

Titus 1:1-4 (KJV)"Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

2 In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

3 But hath in due times manifested his word through preaching, which is committed unto me according to the commandment of God our Saviour;

4 To Titus, mine own son after the common faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ our Saviour."

The name Jesus, given to God’s Son by angelic direction, means “Jehovah Is Salvation,” for, said the angel, “he will save his people from their sins.” (Matt 1:21; Luke 1:31) This name points out that Jehovah is the Source of salvation, accomplished through Jesus. For this reason we find the Father and the Son spoken of together in connection with salvation. (Titus 2:11-13; 3:4-6)

So the Bible shows both!  

What does saved mean to me?  Just what the Bible says it means:

Matt 24:13 (NWT) "But the one who has endured to the end will be saved."

Being saved to me means obedience to Jehovah forever.  Do I accept Jesus as my personal savior?  Yes, Jesus is my savior because he died so that my sins can be forgiven.

Now you mention salvation and no amount of works can qualify for salvation.  No JW teaches that you have to do a certain amount of works to qualify for salvation.  

I have said before and explained that the free gift that Jehovah gave us through his son's shed blood cannot be earned.  That gift is free and it was set in place by God before any human was ever born.  We cannot earn it and never have we said that salvation from God through Jesus' shed blood had to be earned by works.

I gave an example before about a mansion that someone inherited, the person did nothing to earn that inheritance.  It was gifted to that person, maybe before they were even born just for the simple fact that they were born into that family line and became an heir.  But if that heir didn't live in the mansion that was gifted to them, what benefit is it to them?

If we obey Jehovah's commands according to His Will then we will benefit from that free gift that cannot be earned.

Sister T  

Jehovah`s Witness

Sister T